- "Sanwa ata Mosahra reporting. A film crew from al-Minar
TV, a television network of Lebanon, stumbled across the bodies of about
40 US soldiers scattered in the desert outside Maseriah. Ali Fawsua a camera
man for al-Minar said "It was obvious the soldiers had been in a major
battle as there was empty ammunition casing everywhere".
- "We searched around but could not find any dead
Iraqi soldiers and must be thinking they took their dead and injured away
from the battle" he added.
- "We called on our satellite phone to our base camp
and told them what we had found and they told the Americans where we were
- "Soon some American helicopters came to us and the
Americans took all our camera and recording equipment and smashed it. They
told us to leave the area and say nothing of this finding".
- "When we arrived back at our base to the south there
were American military police everywhere and they destroyed all of our
equipment and told us to leave Iraq immediately".
- al-Minar has lodged a complaint with the IJCO and US
with a claim for compensation for the many thousands dollars of destroyed
- Some 40 US Soldiers Killed, Injured Or Missed In Naseriah
- TEHRAN (IRNA) -- Some 40
US soldiers have been killed, injured or missed in Naseriah, said Lebanese
TV al-Minar on Monday.
- Al-Minar said dead bodies of the US soldiers had been
found near Naseriah.
- Meanwhile, Qatari al-Jazeera TV put number of Iraqi losses
in Monday bombardment of Baghdad at five, including a woman.