- ARMED FORCES EXPERTS INVESTIGATE ANOMALOUS PHENOMENA
- Three films of unidentified objects in Chulucanas are
- Colonel Jose Raffo of the Peruvian Air Force and chief
of Direcion de Intereses Aeroespaciales is trying to explain the different
news about the different sightings of UFOs which have occurred in the last
years and months in various points of the country. He says itÕs
a given that there are anolmalous aerial phenomena which do not correspond
to what is considered known or normal, and they are doing investigations
and studies to determine how to treat this information.
- One of the sightings has awakened the unusual curiousity
and interest of various specialists and institutions, among those OIFAA
(Oficina de Investigaciones de Fen-menos AZreos An-malos) of the Peruvian
Air Force. In Chulucanas, Piura, the population observed UFOs which were
actually filmed in three opportunities.
- The sightings were observed between October and November
2001, and after a followup and investigation of the events, OIFAA has now
decided to name the investigation Project 33, because it is the first of
33 events which they are currently investigating.
- According to the studies of Dr. Jorge Choy Montes, OIFAA
investigator, the sightings recorded on video were produced between October
13 and 15 and November 15, 2001, in Chulucanas in the valley of Morrop-n,
and were seen by dozens of people in the province.
- The investigator revealed that in addition to the observations,
there were numerous references by the townspeople of frequent sightings.
In the last few months there have been sightings around a hill called Pil¦n,
where between three and four UFOs have been seen each month.
- But Chulucanas is not the only zone in the country where
UFOs are spotted, according to OIFAA investigations. There are 23 other
points which exist in Peru where anomalous aerial phenomena have been frequently
- The heads of DINAE and OIFAA, coronel Jose Raffo and
commander Ronaldo Lapoint respectively, emphazise that the investigations
of the sightings are to detemine what type of anomalous aerial phenomena
are produced in the skies of Peru. "We donÕt affirm or negate
that they are UFOs, or meteorological phenomena, phenomena of physics,
- ARE THERE CLOSE ENCOUNTERS?
- The three sightings in 2001 in Chulucanas lasted 2 hours,
26 minutes and 12 seconds, and 42 minutes respectively.
- According to the investigation of Dr. Jorge Choy of OIFAA,
the Chulucanas case involves close encounters of the first kind for collective
sightings and recordings, encounters of the second kind for supposed tracks
of landings, of the third kind for presumed observation of crew members
of the craft, of the fourth kind for presumed abductions of people and
animals, and of the fifth kind, for supposed actual contact with craft
- Cerro Chuschuco in Tacna, Cerro Quisango located in front
of the ruins of Kuelap in Amazonas, Cerro Huaytapallana in Junin, Callejon
de Huaylas in Ancash and Chongoyape in Chiclayo are some of the zones where
sightings have been reported