- What if someone were to tell you that a chemical (MSG)
added to food could cause brain damage in your children, and that this
chemical could effect how your children's nervous systems formed during
development so that in later years they may have learning or emotional
- What if there was scientific evidence that these chemicals
could permanently damage a critical part of the brain known to control
hormones so that later in life your child might have endocrine problems?
How would you feel?
- Suppose evidence was presented to you strongly suggesting
that the artificial sweetener in your diet soft drink may cause brain tumors
to develop, and that the number of brain tumors reported since the introduction
of this widespread introduction of this artificial sweetener has risen
dramatically? Would that affect your decision to drink these products and
especially to allow your children to drink them? What if you could be shown
overwhelming evidence that one of the main ingredients in this sweetener
(aspartate) could cause the same brain lesions as MSG? Would that affect
your buying decisions?
- And finally, what if it could be demonstrated that all
of these types of chemicals, called excitotoxins, could possibly aggravate
or even precipitate many of today's epidemic neurodegenerative brain diseases
such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, ALS, and Alzheimer's
disease? Would you be concerned if you knew that these excitotoxin food
additives are a particular risk if you have diabetes, or have ever had
a stroke, brain injury, brain tumor, seizure, or have suffered from hypertension,
meningitis, or viral encephalitis?
- Would you also be upset to learn that many of the brain
lesions caused by these products in your children are irreversible and
can result from a SINGLE exposure of these products in sufficient concentration?
- How would you feel when you learn the food industry hides
and disguises these excitotoxin additives (MSG and Aspartate) so they can't
be recognized? Incredulous? Enraged? The fact is many foods are labeled
as having "No MSG" but in fact not only contain MSG but also
are laced with other excitotoxins of equal potency and danger.
- All of the above are true. And all of these well known
brain toxins are poured into our food and drink by the thousands of tons
to boost sales. These additives have NO OTHER purpose other than to enhance
to TASTE of food and the SWEETNESS of various diet products.
- Hidden Sources Of MSG
- As discussed previously, the glutamate (MSG) manufacturers
and the processed food industries are always on a quest to disguise the
MSG added to food. Below is a partial list of the most common names for
disguised MSG. Remember also that the powerful excitotoxins, aspartate
and L-cystine, are frequently added to foods and according to FDA rules
require NO LABELING AT ALL.
- * Food Additives that ALWAYS contain MSG *
- Monosodium Glutamate
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
- Hydrolyzed Protein
- Hydrolyzed Plant Protein
- Plant Protein Extract
- Sodium Caseinate
- Calcium Caseinate
- Yeast Extract
- Textured Protein (Including TVP)
- Autolyzed Yeast
- Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
- Corn Oil
- * Food Additives That FREQUENTLY Contain MSG
- Malt Extract
- Malt Flavoring
- Natural Flavors/Flavoring
- Natural Beef Or Chicken Flavoring
- * Food Additives That MAY Contain MSG Or Excitotoxins
- Soy Protein Concentrate
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Whey Protein Concentrate
- Also: Protease Enzymes of various sources can release
excitotoxin amino acids from food proteins.
- Aspartame - An Intense Source Of Excitotoxins
- Aspartame is a sweetener made from two amino acids, phenylalanine
and the excitotoxin aspartate. It should be avoided at all costs. Aspartame
complaints accounts for approximately 70% of ALL complaints to the FDA.
It is implicated in everything from blindness to headaches to convulsions.
Sold under dozens of brand names such as NutraSweet and Equal, aspartame
breaks down within 20 minutes at room temperature into several primary
toxic and dangerous ingredients:
- 1. DKP (diketopiperazine) (When ingested, converts to
a near duplicate of
- a powerful brain tumor causing agent)
- 2. Formic Acid (ant venom)
- 3. Formaldehyde (embalming fluid)
- 4. Methanol (causes blindness...extremely dangerous substance)
- Common Examples:
- Diet soft drinks, sugar free gums, sugar free Kool Aid,
Crystal Light, childrens' medications, and thousands of other products
claiming to be 'low calorie', 'diet', or 'sugar free'.
- A Final Note...
- Dr. Blaylock recounted a meeting with a senior executive
in the food additive industry who told him point blank that these excitotoxins
are going to be in our food no matter how many name changes are necessary...