- To the Members of the UN Security Council:
- According to the Charter of the United Nations, it is
you alone who are primarily entrusted with the maintenance of international
peace and security. Therefore at this time it is your profound responsibility
to set aside all other concerns and courageously address the grave threat
to international stability presented by the current government of the United
States of America.
- An ever-growing number of American citizens are appalled
at the dangerously arrogant and illegal foreign and
domestic policies set in motion by the present administration. Unprecedented
draconian legislation in the name of "security" is
eviscerating the very foundations of our nation. A carefully constructed
and deliberately maintained climate of fear is so thick
and pervasive that ordinary people are now thoroughly afraid of their
own government. At every level, elected and appointed officials are for
the most part so terrified of criticizing even the most blatant abuses
of power that they continue methodically to destroy
the very Constitution they are sworn to uphold and protect. This
continuing outrage against the very heart and soul of America cannot
be allowed to continue. Concerned American citizens and the people of the
world can and must unite for the sake of world security, and force this
administration to back down from their catastrophic plans for global economic,
political and military domination.
- Ever since September 11, the most callously
calculated and grossly apparent manipulation and exploitation
of natural public sentiment has been underway. One after another,
outright lies are routinely delivered to the American people.
Because the commercial media questions nothing, no matter how
preposterous, and has altogether ceased to function as an independent
body, many unwary citizens still do not grasp the magnitude
of the ongoing attack on their time-honored and hard-won liberties.
- "But a Constitution of Government once changed from
Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever."
- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States
- Our Constitutional peril has reached extreme proportions. The
tattered legal remnants of our freedoms are vanishing rapidly, under
cover of a paralyzing cloak of fear spread over the land. We have no illusions
whatsoever as to the very real difficulties presented by terrorist
organizations both here and abroad. Neither do we support dictatorship
in any form, anywhere on earth. Nevertheless, we also fully realize that
the most clear and present danger to our basic freedom is not from
without, but from within. We therefore appeal to you in
the name of human liberty to stand firmly for peace, and resolutely against
the rising tide of officially sanctioned totalitarianism in the
United States of America.
- Diane Harvey
- American Citizen
- From George Gardner
- Dear Diane,
- I have the deepest respect for your points of view and
the efforts you have expended to convey them to the world. I am afraid
of two possibilities that could yet
- 1) The US has known since day one where the "smoking
gun" lies and all of this UN vs US publicity is a "dog and pony"
show. When our troops are in place, we will
- "find" the banned weapons, gain the approval
of the UN, show the world we were right all along, and Murder in the name
of truth and freedom.
- 2) Someone (anyone that might benefit) will launch some
sort of banned weapon on our troops, and "prove" Iraq was responsible.
Again, we win in the name of
- "protecting" the world from banned weapons.
- It is extremely likley one of these two possibilities
will soon unfold. I don't really believe our 1000's of war gamers have
not allowed for the present "problem". The real
- questions are never really raised. This is very very
dangerous. The real question is not if banned weapons exist in Iraq. They
probably do, as in every other country in
- the world.
- Iraq is totally contained. Israel and the US would Nuke
Iraq into the stone age if Iraq ever really threatened us. Banned weapons
will always exist. To pretend this
- revolves around the issue of banned weapons is to deceive.
It is a classic case of deception by falsley "framing the debate".
A very complex issue has been distilled
- down into simplistic terms that an eighth grader could
rally behind. I know you know all of this.
- This war is about gaining military power in the middle
east, controlling the price of oil, imposing our economic system on the
Arab countries, setting an example for the
- rest of the world that might have sympathy for Iraq,
empowering the UN, establishing the precedent of "pre-emptive"
attacks, and creating the "necessity" for police
- state powers in the US, among other things.
- This is truly a very dangerous time in history. The banned
weapons are very real and are possessed by many. It is truly possible that
real attacks will take place in the
- US. We could easily lose this war. Primarily because
we have the most to lose. I truly wish the real threats were on the table
for public debate. A way must be found
- to come to terms with the changing military weapons.
- Alternatives to fossil fuels, alternative "medical"
options that might offer protection from biological attacks, a strengthening
of our constitutional rights to ensure they
- are not taken away "to protect us", developing
a fairer economic system that would pull the world out of the impending
economic meltdown, a "truth in government"
- movement that would protect us from the current "everything
is a national security threat" strategy, etc, are a few of the ideas
that come to mind that the public
- should be debating.
- If there is to be a world government, the nature of the
"world constitution" should be on the table. As things now stand,
the current world government movement is
- not "people friendly". It a top down dictatorial
system to be imposed upon the peoples of the world. The aforementioned
"real" issues will never be put on the table if
- the New World Order, as currently conceived, succeeds
in gaining power over the world.
- I am afraid that the excuse of "saving the world
from Iraq" will be a huge loss for the human race. If the real issues
are not brought before the public, and the current
- plans go forward, the human race might be in the "new
dark ages" for another 1000 years. As I know you are far better with
words than I am, I am hoping you
- integrate a few of thoughts into your next draft.
- Yours truly,
- From Bill Morgan
- Hi Jeff,
- I just wanted to share with you some words inspired by
the article by Diane Harvey.
- I guess you could call it a reader comment. Her use of
the word "totalitarianism" was the right word in the right place
at the right time. True reporters and writers and journalists need bravery
and courage now.
- Bill Morgan
- Rumor Mill News Agents Forum
- DIANE HARVEY APPEALS TO SECURITY COUNCIL
- Posted By: billym
- Sunday, 16 February 2003, 8:38 p.m.
- I wish there were more people like Diane Harvey with
the bravery to stand up and say what needs to be said. Indeed all people
in the United States are feeling they must now watch what they say, out
of a fear of possible consequences.
- Notice, this is not fear of terrorists or fear of another
attack, but FEAR OF OUR OWN GOVERNMENT, who may now imprison us based on
something we (even inadvertantly) say. Soon it may become dangerous to
even criticize the administration or their secret plans at all. Welcome
America! to the league of nations whose people fear their governments!
- The Congress, too, is cowed before this Beast, watching
what they do and what they say. Remember Paul Wellstone? Congress acts
now as if the whole lot of them were acting under threat of death. And
probably at least half of them are under threat of blackmail by the MOSSAD,
who had free access to all their telephone calls for a number of years.
Did MOSSAD organize 911? Or did they find out about the Bush Cabal's plans
to do so? If so, MOSSAD may be directly blackmailing the Cabal now, and
in a position to call the shots from now on.
- If it is eventually determined that the U.S. Secret Agencies
were involved in 911, or some even more secret group, some rogue military
industrial Cabal so buried we'll never be able to find it, then all hell
will break loose among the populace. There may be lynch mobs. Is Bush actually
trembling in fear that the Israelis will tell what they know?
- Certainly nothing is now as it seems to be.
- I thank Diane Harvey especially for having the courage
to speak these following words, which call a spade a spade. Remember, she
is appealing to the Security Council of The United Nations!
- "We therefore appeal to you in the name of human
liberty to stand firmly for peace, and resolutely against the rising tide
of officially sanctioned totalitarianism in the United States of America."
- Officially sanctioned totalitarianism!
- As Americans, we now have to plead with the rest of the
world to help save us from dictatorship in our own country! Let's do it!
We NEED help because we can't even get straight news in America anymore,
that is gone. The Cabal has taken over that. We must go to the Internet
to find out what is going on the world. So all of us really DO need help
from abroad to save ourselves from this insidious evil rot which has highjacked
the reins of power in America. Since our "President" will not
be moved or changed by our letters, let us write the Presidents of the
still-free nations and ask them to come to our aid, as Lafayette came to
the aid of the fledgling America in the days of yore.
- Indeed, other countries ARE already helping the People
restore their Constitution by blocking the murderous moves of an insane
administration who think only of their own aims, piracy of Iraq's oil and
then on to world conquest. Today Austria blocked movements of materiel
of war from crossing their country by rail. Such movement of war machinery
is illegal in Austria, a neutral country.
- It all shows the real terror of the situation when you
find yourself hoping desperately for other nations to come forward and
free you from tyranny in your own land. Now Americans will begin to learn
what many other places have know for centuries, what it is like living
under a despot who rules with an iron hand, tolerates no dissent, and whose
lone word has become the law of the land.
- Bill Morgan