- 'Six Degrees of Richard Ben-Veniste'
- At the same time Wally Hilliard's Venice flight school
was training dozens of terrorists to fly - including both pilots crashing
into the World Trade Center - the owner of Huffman Aviation in Venice Florida
was also involved in a murky aviation transaction with a multi-millionaire
Texas oilman who played a prominent role in the Whitewater Scandal.
- Truman Arnold, chief fund-raiser for the Democratic Party
in 1995 when the scandal broke, was investigated for a variety of
dubious money-raising schemes ranging from renting out the White House's
Lincoln Bedroom to selling tickets on Air Force One. He was also fingered
for procuring cash (read hush money) for convicted Clinton friend Web Hubbell.
- Now Truman Arnold's name has surfaced in connection with
the investigation into the Venice, FL flight schools made infamous by the
September 11 terrorist attack.
- In a curious aircraft transaction discovered while probing
the tangled business affairs of Wallace J. Hilliard, 70, of Naples, FL,
Truman Arnold appears to have 'loaned' Hilliard - for only a dollar- a
Beechcraft King Air 200 worth over $2 million.
- In another bizarre twist, Truman ArnoldÕs lawyer
during the Whitewater Investigation turns out to have been Democratic power-broker
Richard Ben-Veniste, just nominated to serve on the 9/11 probe.
- If Ben-Veniste client Truman Arnold's business dealings
with terror flight school owner Wally Hilliard come under scrutiny in the
9/11 probe, the slick Washington lawyer may find himself involved in a
major national scandal from two different sides.
- Read the whole story at
- The MadCowMorningNews
- "When Matt & Katie Aren't Enough."