- Prefacing Remarks
- This civil lawsuit is very likely the result of growing
American citizen frustration over the U.S. Government failing to secure
its borders. Maybe it will take one or more lawsuits like this to get the
U.S. Government to finally DO something, such as: deploy the National Guard
along the U.S. border to stop (or drastically reduce) the "invasion"
of illegals, terrorists and smugglers into the U.S.
- Per the U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 8: "Congress
shall have power... To provide for calling forth the militia to execute
the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions."
- How about it, Congress? We ARE being invaded! What are
you collectively DOING about it?
- For attempts to verify the following lawsuit information,
see the Appendix below.
- Forwarded from: Chuck <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- NEWS RELEASE NEWS RELEASE NEWS RELEASE
- Announced Saturday September 7th at the 2nd National
Congress of Immigration Reform http://www.sqlife.org/ in Farmingville,
NY by Joseph Sadowski email@example.com :
- THE PRESIDENT of the United States of America, George
W. Bush and other government officials are being sued for their personal
assets in a RACKETEERING LAWSUIT for aiding and encouraging illegal immigration.
This lawsuit filed was filed in DC September 4th. The information on the
first page of the suit can be viewed for verification on the following
- A similar lawsuit was filed in federal court Islip, NY
against the NY Attorney General, Elliot Spitzer and is pending in federal
- This case is so interesting that on Friday, Nov. 29,
2002, I actually called the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. myself
-- and asked the clerk to confirm this filing. The first page of the lawsuit
(which is displayed on the American Border Patrol website) shows Case No.
1:02CV01766. The first person I spoke with at the court couldn't find a
computer record of the case by that number. (I think she was having trouble
with the number. I later learned that the case was electronically filed,
which may be relevant.)
- So, I called back and spoke to another person (in a different
department, I think) and she identified the case as # 021766. She said,
"Yes, it looks like it's still open." But, I forgot to verify
Plaintiff and Defendant (Joseph A.F. Sadowski v. George W. Bush, President
[et al.]) and when I called back several times, I got the "voicemail
runaround" (probably because it's the Thanksgiving Day weekend.) I
called repeatedly -- and finally reached someone who said, "That case
number is 02CV01766; let me get a docket clerk to help you" -- and
you guessed it: voicemail. <SIGH>
- If you have a pre-arranged login, you can access the
U.S. District Court records at http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/court-records.html
- Anyway, I'll go with what I have now -- and interested
persons and the media can followup after the holiday. The number of the
U.S. District Court in Washington D.C. is (202) 354-3000.
- -- CW