- Did the late Irv Rubin have inside knowledge about the
fact that Israeli intelligence operatives were trailing the alleged 9-11
hijackers while they were "on the ground" in California?
- When JDL chief Irv Rubin's friends cry that their leader
may have been murdered in federal custody, they may not be far off the
mark. Rubin may have known too much for his own good and threatened to
reveal-during his scheduled trial-his Mossad connection.
- Undoubtedly, Rubin and his henchman, Earl Krugel, were
as surprised as anybody when the Justice Department charged them last year
with conspiring to blow up a mosque and the office of Rep. Darrell Issa
- For years Rubin and Krugel and the JDL were almost "untouchable,"
given free rein to practice their terrorist activities with virtually no
- As such, there appears to be a lot more to the quite
unexpected indictment of Rubin and Krugel than meets the eye.
- As a growing body of evidence indicates, much of which
has already been reported in AFP, Israeli intelligence operatives were
almost certainly monitoring at least some of the Sept. 11 hijackers when
the hijackers-to-be were operating in California prior to 9-11. And considering
the fact that the JDL is known to have closely cooperated on numerous fronts
with Israeli intelligence, it is likely that Rubin-now conveniently dead
by "suicide"-and Krugel may have been aware of this operation.
- HISTORY OF THE JEWISH DEFENSE LEAGUE
- The history of the JDL and its founder, Brooklyn-born
Meir Kahane-best-remembered today as the "militant rabbi" gunned
down after being elected to the Israeli parliament-indicates that the JDL
has functioned as an arm of Israel's intelligence service, the Mossad.
- Kahane's biographer, Robert Friedman, revealed that "high-ranking
members of Mossad" were directing Kahane and that the "central
player" was former Mossad operations chief (and later prime minister)
Yitzhak Shamir, an outspoken critic of America.
- Kahane himself had been an asset of the FBI and the CIA,
including a stint for the CIA in Africa, posing as a "news correspondent."
- In 1965, under the name "Michael King," Kahane
and one Joseph Churba formed a group to mobilize campus support for the
Vietnam War, a venture that was part of a CIA operation "working both
sides" of the Vietnam War issue, with the CIA funding anti-war groups
at the very same time.
- In 1968 Kahane shed his "Michael King" personage
and evolved into the Meir Kahane we remember today. His colleague Churba
(also a rabbi) rose to power as an influential behind-the-scenes asset
for Israeli intelligence in U.S. foreign policy-making circles, promoted
by the John Birch Society, and funded by the CIA-backed empire of Korean
cult leader Sun Myung Moon, now a major figure promoting the interests
of Israel in American "conservative" circles.
- The ultimate trial of JDL figure Krugel-if it ever happens-should
be watched closely.
- If the Justice Department of Israel's strong supporter,
Attorney General John Ashcroft, suddenly decides-citing "national
security," perhaps-to conceal information in the course of Krugel's
prosecution, a lot of "conspiracy theorists" might start thinking
that it's all part of the official 9-11 cover-up.