- NASA Channel---Gallery/History Hour
Dec. 20, 2002 1:00pm - 2:00pm EST
Excerpt from Presentation by Thomas P. Stafford
- Amid an informative hour-long presentation today about
the NASA Gemini, Apollo, and Apollo-Soyuz programs, accompanied by some
stock visuals, Stafford made several stone-faced quips throughout his presentation
among them: [at about 1:52pm EST]
- "...then on to a place you know about...Area 51.
That's where we had the dead aliens buried. We used to have them down at
Roswell, but that got too much publicity so we moved them there."
- The reaction from the crowd was the expected laugh, while
Stafford never flinched during the remarks. It could be stated that he
appeared sincere, but the crowd took it as a joke obviously, and he moved
on without a pause and continued to talk about the F-16, the B-1, and B-2,
and other aircraft tested at Area 51.
- From Merilla
- My cousin lives in Roswell and has been good friends
of the mortician that "took care of " the alien bodies. He said
that the gov. came in and moved the bodies to Nevada.