- Gonna kick Saddam's butt. Gonna root out terrorists.
Gonna make the world safe for democracy.
- Whoa, you say. Starting a war is illegal under both
the UN Charter and the US Constitution? No problem. We just call it self
defense! Yeah, that's it! We're just defending ourselves. Don't need
to bother with them pesky congresscritters, either. Thus has evolved George
Bush's newfound doctrine of self defense by pre-emptive strikes upon Iraq.
War, it used to be called. But, America does not initiate war, by definition,
so it must be something else, of course.
- This is the latest Orwellian doubletalk coming from Washington.
Conjures up images of the playing cards painting the Queen's roses red.
- Excuse me while I take a couple of aspirin and lay down
for a while. Maybe this headache will just go away. On the other hand,
maybe what we're having is a brain aneurism. A nationwide head case is
what we've become. Just ask almost any European.
- Bush and Blair, the current sock puppets for Greater
Israel's NWO hegemonic ambitions, leaders of the free world and protectors
of democracy, claim to have the goods on Saddam. As with Osama, though,
the goods are not for our eyes. In fact, Blair urges, merely having established
a connection between Osama and Saddam should be enough. No, we can't be
trusted with the proof of that, either, of course.
- Every time I become self-righteously indignant because
these guys actually expect us to believe this tripe, I am stunned anew
by the realization that, apparently, most Americans actually do believe
it! Hope springs eternal, but I fear that P.T. Barnum was right.
- It's tough being among the awake in the early hours.
Actually, these aren't really the early hours, anymore. While more and
more are tumbling to what's going on, it doesn't seem to be nearly fast
enough to save the Union. Increasingly, I doubt the worth of saving it,
- If George Washington and Thomas Jefferson suddenly were
brought to life today, I like to think they would buy a bazooka and a road
map to Washington, DC. Throw in a red '61 Cadillac convertible and you've
got a toga road trip to make Hunter S. Thompson proud! Now, there is reality
TV that I might actually watch.
- Bush says we should invade Iraq because it has violated
16 UN Security Council Resolutions. But, not a peep about over a hundred
resolutions being ignored by Israel, of course, or America, for that matter.
Then he says the UN will be irrelevant if it doesn't sign on to our war
against Israel's enemies. More of that "If'n you ain't with us, you
be agin us" business.
- Will we be strafing the UN building next?
- Put it back in your pants, George. ___
- "I didn't say it would be easy. I just said it
would be the truth." - Morpheus
- Copyright © Edgar J. Steele, 2002