- US Supplies, Calibrates And Endorses
- Use Of Chemical Weapons In Iraq
- American Gulf War Veterans Association
- Joyce Riley vonKleist, RN, BSN spokesperson
- PO Box 85, Versailles, Missouri 65084
- 573 378-6049 573 378-5998 fax
- For Immediate Release
- As the Bush administration works to gain world support
to conduct a pre-emptive strike against Iraq, new disturbing information
has surfaced with regard to U.S. involvement in the development of Iraq's
chemical and biological weapons program.
- The pre-emptive strike is based upon President Bush and
Vice-President Cheney's beliefs that there must be an invasion of Iraq
because Saddam Hussein:
- 1. possesses weapons of mass destruction and the
potential for nuclear weapons,
- 2. used these weapons on his own people (Kurds)
and the Iranians,
- 3. has a history of lying to the world.
- According to information obtained by the AGWVA, there
is irrefutable evidence to show that the Unites States government provided
and encouraged Iraq's use of chemical weapons. The United States Department
of Commerce and The American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) provided at
least 80 shipments of biological agents that were not attenuated (or weakened)
and were capable of reproduction. These shipments included such virulent
agents as Anthrax, West Nile Virus and Clostridium botulinum (S.R.103-900,
May 25, 1994, pg. 264).
- The AGWVA also found it very disturbing to learn that
on December 19, 1983, the Middle Eastern envoy who carried a handwritten
note from President Reagan to Saddam Hussein, to "resume our diplomatic
relations with Iraq" was none other than our present Secretary of
Defense, Donald Rumsfeld. (while he was President of Searle Pharmaceutical
at the time)
- According to "U.S. Diplomatic and Commercial Relationships
with Iraq", 1980-August 2, 2000, www.cam.ac.uk/societies/casi/info/usdocs/usiraq80s90s.html),
Nathaniel Hurd states:
- "Iraq reportedly began using chemical weapons (CW)
against Iranian troops in 1982, and significantly increased CW use in 1983
Shortly after removing Iraq from the terrorism sponsorship list, the Reagan
administration approved the sale of 60 Hughes helicopters. Analysts recognized
that "civilian" helicopters can be weaponized in a matter of
hours and selling a civilian kit can be a way of giving military aid under
the guise of civilian assistance."
- Mark Phythian, in his book Arming Iraq: How the U.S.
and Britain Secretly Built Saddam's War Machine" (Northeastern University
Press, 1997) stated:
- " the Secretaries of Commerce and State (George
Baldridge and George Shultz) lobbied the NSC (National Security Council)
advisor into agreeing to the sale to Iraq of 10 Bell helicopters, officially
for crop spraying. It is believed that US-supplied choppers were used in
the 1988 chemical attack on the Kurdish village Halabja, which killed 5000
- In his own book Turmoil and Triumph: My Years as Secretary
of State, George Shultz refers to a declassified CIA report which notes
Iraq's use of mustard gas in August 1983, giving further credence to the
suggestion that the State Department and/or the National Security Council
(NSC) was well aware of Iraq's use of chemical weapons at this time. If
the use of chemical weapons was known in August of 1983, and Donald Rumsfeld
went to Iraq in December of 1983, he was on notice that this country was
using and was going to continue to use weapons of mass destruction. Why,
then, did the United States move to de-list Iraq from those considered
to be terrorist nations?
- On March 23, 1984, Iran accused Iraq of poisoning 600
of its soldiers with mustard gas and Tabun nerve gas. Donald Rumsfeld returned
to Baghdad on March 24, 1984. On that same day, the UPI wire service reported
that a team of UN experts had concluded that:
- "Mustard gas laced with a nerve agent has been used
on Iranian soldiers. Meanwhile, Donald Rumsfeld held talks with foreign
minister Tariq Aziz."
- Probably the most critical piece of information is that
according to Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward, in a December 15,
1986 article, the CIA began to secretly supply Iraq with intelligence in
1984 that was used to "calibrate" mustard gas attacks on Iranian
- It is public record that the U.S. not only armed Iraq
from 1983 thru August 1, 1990, but that they also provided the money to
Iraq to purchase the weapons via the Atlanta branch of the Banca Nazionale
del Lavoro (BNL), George Bush, Sr., and the Export-Import Bank. Iraq received
$5 Billion dollars funneled through the Commercial Credit Corporation ostensibly
for food credits. It is also public information that at least $2 Billion
dollars from the defaulted loan was repaid by the U.S. citizen taxpayers.
- Joyce Riley, spokesperson for the American Gulf War Veterans
Association has for seven years been shining the light of accountability
on the Department of Defense for having armed our "enemy" with
weapons of mass destruction, exposing our military to these weapons and
then denying not only their culpability but the very existence of the mystery
diseases. She often quotes Senator Donald Riegle (D-MI) who stated in Senate
Report 103-900, "Our troops are not just sick, they are dying."
- Riley, a former Captain in the United States Air Force
Reserve and Flight Nurse states: "If it wasn't bad enough to watch
our troops become ill from our own weapons the Department of Defense labeled
our sick men and women as "mental cases." These proud men and
women have been abandoned, are now sick and must fight the battle alone.
These needless illnesses and deaths now lie at the feet of the Pentagon
and Veterans' Administration Hospitals."
- Iraq had long been trying to acquire greater access to
the Persian Gulf, and felt limited confined a narrow strip of land along
Kuwait's northern border, which placed Iraqi interests in close proximity
with hostile Iran. George H W Bush, who had been covertly arming Iraq
during its war with Iran, sent word via <http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ARTICLE5/april.html>April
Glaspie that the United States would not intervene if Saddam Hussein grabbed
a larger part of Kuwait. SADDAM FELL FOR THE BAIT AND INVADED KUWAIT,
THEN LATER ATTACKED ISRAEL WITH WEAPONS WE PROVIDED HIM. This started Gulf
War 1 -- now Bush Jr. wants to start Gulf War 2, possibly leading to WW3,
and the deaths of billions world wide.
- APRIL GLASPIE TRANSCRIPT: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ARTICLE5/april.html
- "America! Before we send our sons and daughters
--and ourselves--off to fight YET ANOTHER war with Iraq think about this:
- Dick Cheney's company, Halliburton, sold more oil pumping
and drilling equipment to Iraq from 1998 to 2000 than any other U.S. corporation.
(go to the <http://gwbush.com/spots>Ad Page for links to mainstream
- Humm...I wonder who will sell Iraq the equipment it needs
to rebuild after THIS war.
- Bush is holding something that they're trying to
call "patriotism" over our heads to keep us from questioning
their insane policies. But we're not buying it.
- Was Iraq "evil" from 1990 to 1998 and then
stopped being evil for a couple years, and now is all of a sudden evil
again? Before we go die for his "cause," he needs to explain
this to us.
- Rep. Ron Paul, MD (R) TX is asking, and deserves
- 1. Is it not true that the reason we did not bomb the
Soviet Union at the height of the Cold War was because we knew they could
- 2. Is it not also true that we are willing to bomb Iraq
now because we know it cannot retaliate - which just confirms that there
is no real threat?
- 3. Is it not true that those who argue that even with
inspections we cannot be sure that Hussein might be hiding weapons, at
the same time imply that we can be more sure that weapons exist in the
absence of inspections?
- 4. Is it not true that the UN's International Atomic
Energy Agency was able to complete its yearly verification mission to Iraq
just this year with Iraqi cooperation?
- 5. Is it not true that the intelligence community has
been unable to develop a case tying Iraq to global terrorism at all, much
less the attacks on the United States last year? Does anyone remember
that 15 of the 19 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia and that none came from
- 6. Was former CIA counter-terrorism chief Vincent Cannistraro
wrong when he recently said there is no confirmed evidence of Iraq's links
- 7. Is it not true that the CIA has concluded there is
no evidence that a Prague meeting between 9/11 hijacker Atta and Iraqi
intelligence took place?
- 8. Is it not true that northern Iraq, where the administration
claimed al-Qaeda were hiding out, is in the control of our "allies,"
- 9. Is it not true that the vast majority of al-Qaeda
leaders who escaped appear to have safely made their way to Pakistan, another
of our so-called allies?
- 10. Has anyone noticed that Afghanistan is rapidly sinking
into total chaos, with bombings and assassinations becoming daily occurrences;
and that according to a recent UN report the al-Qaeda "is, by all
accounts, alive and well and poised to strike again, how, when, and where
- 11. Why are we taking precious military and intelligence
resources away from tracking down those who did attack the United States-
and who may again attack the United States- and using them to invade countries
that have not attacked the United States?
- 12. Would an attack on Iraq not just confirm the Arab
world's worst suspicions about the US-and isn't this what bin Laden wanted?
- 13. How can Hussein be compared to Hitler when he has
no navy or air force, and now has an army 1/5 the size of twelve years
ago, which even then proved totally inept at defending the country?
- 14. Is it not true that the constitutional power to declare
war is exclusively that of the Congress? Should presidents, contrary to
the Constitution, allow Congress to concur only when pressured by public
opinion? Are presidents permitted to rely on the UN for permission to go
- 15. Are you aware of a Pentagon report studying charges
that thousands of Kurds in one village were gassed by the Iraqis, which
found no conclusive evidence that Iraq was responsible, that Iran occupied
the very city involved, and that evidence indicated the type of gas used
was more likely controlled by Iran not Iraq?
- 16. Is it not true that anywhere between 100,000 and
300,000 US soldiers have suffered from Persian Gulf War syndrome from
the first Gulf War, and that thousands may have died?
- 17. Are we prepared for possibly thousands of American
casualties in a war against a country that does not have the capacity to
attack the United States?
- 18. Are we willing to bear the economic burden of a 100
billion dollar war against Iraq, with oil prices expected to skyrocket
and further rattle an already shaky American economy? How about an estimated
30 years occupation of Iraq that some have deemed necessary to "build
- 19. Iraq's alleged violations of UN resolutions are given
as reason to initiate an attack, yet is it not true that hundreds of UN
Resolutions have been ignored by various countries without penalty?
- 20. Did former President Bush not cite the UN Resolution
of 1990 as the reason he could not march into Baghdad, while supporters
of a new attack assert that it is the very reason we can march into Baghdad?
- 21. Is it not true that, contrary to current claims,
the no-fly zones were set up by Britain and the United States without specific
approval from the United Nations?
- 22. If we claim membership in the international community
and conform to its rules only when it pleases us, does this not serve to
undermine our position, directing animosity toward us by both friend and
- 23. How can our declared goal of bringing democracy to
Iraq be believable when we prop up dictators throughout the Middle East
and support military tyrants like Musharaf in Pakistan, who overthrew a
- 24. Are you familiar with the 1994 Senate Hearings that
revealed the U.S. knowingly supplied chemical and biological materials
to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war and as late as 1992- including after the
alleged Iraqi gas attack on a Kurdish village?
- 25. Did we not assist Saddam Hussein's rise to power
by supporting and encouraging his invasion of Iran? Is it honest to criticize
Saddam now for his invasion of Iran, which at the time we actively supported?
- 26. Is it not true that preventive war is synonymous
with an act of aggression, and has never been considered a moral or legitimate US
- 27. Why do the oil company executives strongly support
this war if oil is not the real reason we plan to take over Iraq?
- 28. Why is it that those who never wore a uniform and
are confident that they won't have to personally fight this war are more
anxious for this war than our generals?
- 29. What is the moral argument for attacking a nation
that has not initiated aggression against us, and could not if it wanted?
- 30. Where does the Constitution grant us permission to
wage war for any reason other than self-defense?
- 31. Is it not true that a war against Iraq rejects the
sentiments of the time-honored Treaty of Westphalia, nearly 400 years ago,
that countries should never go into another for the purpose of regime change?
- 32. Is it not true that the more civilized a society
is, the less likely disagreements will be settled by war?
- 33. Is it not true that since World War II Congress has
not declared war and - not coincidentally - we have not since then had
a clear-cut victory?
- 34. Is it not true that Pakistan, especially through
its intelligence services, was an active supporter and key organizer of
- 35. Why don't those who want war bring a formal declaration
of war resolution to the floor of Congress?
- Is Saddam America's Worst Enemy...or Cheney's Best Customer?
- Since Cheney sold Iraq $23.8 million dollars worth of
technology to Iraq, we have a right to ask whether this new war he's asking
for is really a necessity, or whether it's just a political gimmick to
make sure he and his puppet boss gets reelected.
- It seems that Cheney and Co. plan to keep us in a perpetual
state of war (at least until Nov. 2004). First Afghanistan, then Iraq,
Iran, the other Arab nations, and possibly even North Korea.
- If you did it, they would call it treason. While American
pilots were risking their lives over Iraq, Dick Cheney was making
a fast buck helping Saddam rebuild his oil industry. I don't have to like
Bush to love America" <http://www.gwbush.com>www.gwbush.com
- This comes by way of Richard Clark who is known
to be very reliable. If it is true it may be the straw that
breaks the camel's back.
- Again I note how close our leaders are with those they
tell us are our dreaded enemies. If this is true it shows that the entire
US Middle East foreign policy has been a monstrous fraud.
- "Has anyone every wondered if George Orwell had
this figured out in 1948 when he wrote 1984? I have. Like Winston
Smith I have caught on to the fact that all the warring factions are
secretly working together." Brian Downing Quig, San Francisco
Bay Guardian - November 13, 2000.
- Cheney Made Millions Off Oil Deals with Hussein by
Martin A. Lee
- Here's a whopper of a story you may have missed amid
the cacophony of campaign ads and stump speeches in the run-up to
- During former defense secretary Richard Cheney's five-year tenure
as chief executive of Halliburton, Inc., his oil services firm raked
in big bucks from dubious commercial dealings with Iraq. Cheney left
Halliburton with a $34 million retirement package last July when he
became the GOP's vice-presidential candidate.
- Of course, U.S. firms aren't generally supposed to do
business with Saddam Hussein. But thanks to legal loopholes large enough
to steer an oil tanker through, Halliburton profited big-time from
deals with the Iraqi dictatorship. Conducted discreetly through several
Halliburton subsidiaries in Europe, these greasy transactions helped
Saddam Hussein retain his grip on power while lining the pockets of
Cheney and company.
- According to the Financial Times of London, between September 1988 and
last winter, Cheney, as CEO of Halliburton, oversaw $23.8 million
of business contracts for the sale of oil-industry equipment and services
to Iraq through two of its subsidiaries, Dresser Rand and Ingersoll-Dresser
Pump, which helped rebuild Iraq's war-damaged petroleum-production
infrastructure. The combined value of these contracts exceeded those
of any other U.S. company doing business with Baghdad..."
- (Not mention in the above article Dresser a Halliburton
corporate partner enable Cheney to export oil from Iraq while "they"
were under sanctions, of an Oil Embargo.) earning him billions of
dollars. So this actually started under Daddy Bush, and understandably
why Cheney is VP. A war will only make Daddy Bush's employer Carlyle a
defense contractor (Bin Laden Family and former business partners)
and Shrub richer, and control of Mid East oil, but it doesn't matter how
many billions may die--profit is the bottom line.
- According to WND and NewsMax, Bush has given the Chinese
our latest technology. Some would call this treason since they threaten
to nuke us almost every week. The same company used at
the OKC (where Iraqi were associated) was the same company who disposed
of the metal leaving under guard from the WTC to China to use in armament
against us at some point in time -- they are a much bigger threat
than Saddam, or the 50 other countries that have WMD and biologicals
including Cuba which we are not attacking.
- The U.S. Constitution, Article 3, Section 3, provides:
"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying
War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and
Comfort." (Emphasis added.)
- Our national security is being jeopardized, according
to this seasoned investigative reporter:.
- "THE OVERTHROW OF THE AMERICAN REPUBLIC", Part
15 SUPPLEMENT and UPDATE by Sherman H. Skolnick 9/9/02
- "THE OVERTHROW OF THE AMERICAN REPUBLIC", Part
16 by Sherman H. Skolnick 9/10/02
- "THE OVERTHROW OF THE AMERICAN REPUBLIC",
Part 17 by Sherman H. Skolnick 9/11/02
- War would stimulate our collapsing economy (brought on
by derivatives), but will not outlive Saddam, and Bush has to do something
quickly to blame the financial crisis on the war to prevent anarchy
in our streets. Prior to yesterdays speech, Bush said, "I don't care
if they don't find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, we are going
to topple Saddam." in an AP article on Yahoo World News --
Think about that! Why Mr. Bush?
- When #77 hit the Pentagon the first report stated the
plane vaporized because there was no wreckage, debris, luggage, or bodies
while firefighters sprayed water on flames. Then that story change and
they reported that this huge plane 125' x 65' went all the way
through the building to the 3rd. ring (where's the tail section and
wings which wouldn't fit?) through only a 33' hole with 50% of the
people autopsied unidentified. Well, they can't have it both ways.
If that was a fraud, then so are all the statements surrounding the WTC.
- Apparently, only tragedies are to be celebrated. The
dead must be remembered -- never to be forgotten, as well as the still
grieving families, but not to the extent that these poor people and the
nation were held hostage to the media. The public was forced to endure
reliving this horrific day all over again which only serves to further
victimized them -- that is cruel! I couldn't and didn't watch it
all day until the CBS episode about the "probie firefighters"
filmed by the 2 French fellows doing a documentary -- it was
positive and uplifting to see our best and bravest FDNY saving lives.
Otherwise when I tuned in throughout the day, I only saw a 24/7 glitzy
film festival, sobbing loved ones left behind, or those severely injured
by the staged attacks of 9-11. It was just so hypocritical!
- If the government really cared about the grieving relatives,
and all those that died on that horrific day, the government would
stop all their phony flag waving, farcical speeches, and turn over
the federal documents to the families who are suing. They would also permit
a private investigations with cooperation that so many of the
victim's families want, as well as other American citizens who
are also requesting them. The only way to truly honor these people
is to continue asking the questions to vindicate these deaths and pray
for them. The FDNY are still burying their dead, as a result
of WTC. Hell is not deep, dark or hot enough for those who would kill
innocent Americans, as a pretext for war. However those
responsible can not stand up to the scrutiny according to Portugal's National
W/E Newspaper: "September 11 - US Government accused" http://the-news.net/cgi-bin/story.pl?title=September%2011%20-%20US%20Government%20accused&edition=663
- Sen. Leahy was himself a victim of an anthrax letter
after asking Ashcroft for something in writing. "I think we have
to ask ourselves: Is it coincidence that we're seeing such an increase
in West Nile virus or is that something that's being tested as a biological
weapon against us?" Leahy, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee,
said Thursday. http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/sns-ap-leahy-west-nile0913sep13.s
- No, Sen. Leahy, we are the victims of illegal experiments
are government is known to do against their citizens, including weather
modification admitted by NASA causing rampant drought and flooding in the
US and world wide contributing to the multiple fires set in our Western
states, starvation by government edict using GM foods by Monsanto and others --
even starving Africa won't accept. CWD a kin to Mad Cow was made in
a petri dish in a CO University, so all sources of protein in the wild
will be eliminated. "History Of Secret Human Experimentation" <http://www.healthnewsnet.com/index.html>http://www.healthnewsnet.com/index.html
- The simplest thing the government is chartered to do,
they are not doing. The real threat of terrorism comes from the open
borders enabling the Chinese Muslims and Arab terrorist to cross with the
illegal Mexicans, then all given amnesty, ID, freedom to
roam the US and later to attack us at will while our soldiers are
in Iraq. Our National Guard does a tremendous job protecting
the borders of foreign countries, but should be brought home to protect
us and our own borders, and not by foreign NATO troops known to kill citizens
in every country they have been allowed to enter, and plunder. If and
when our soldiers return, will they even recognize America? We are sheep
being led to the slaughter by a Judas goat.
- THE PRESIDENT of the United States of America, George
W. Bush and other government officials are being sued jeopardizing their
personal assets in a Racketeering lawsuit due to allegedly aiding and
encouraging illegal immigration. This lawsuit filed was filed in DC September
4th. The information on the first page of the suit can be viewed on the
- There is no war on Terrorism -- There is a war on Freedom
- "There ought to be limits to freedom" -- GW
Bush -- This means we are not to question a thing he does or says.
- Judicial Watch also renews its call for the President's
father, former President George H.W. Bush, to resign his position with
the Carlyle Group, which reportedly has significant business interests
with the Saudi regime. Some would call this conflict of interest -- "Treason."
- According to the Boston Globe, 45 members of Bin Laden's
family were whisk out of Logan Intl. the night of 9-11 without being question
further by the FBI, but of course they were business partners of daddy
Bush, and known to vacation with them. Witnesses saw HW signing lucrative
business contracts with members of the Bin Laden group on 9-11 in DC with
members of the Bin Laden group, even though he gave multiple excuses to
the press for not being able to get back to DC. Bush then moved to stop
the FBI investigation of Al-Qaeda who he now accuses of terrorism and one
of reason he uses to invade Iraq.
- Video of W-199-1 Bush signed and stopped FBI AlQaeda
- FBI AND US SPY AGENTS SAY BUSH SPIKED BIN LADEN PROBES
BEFORE 11 SEPTEMBER http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=103&row=0
- From a friend: "I had my TV on last night, don't
even know what channel, and I heard Bush say, "If you're not
with us, your with the terrorists." Anyone else hear that? The gall
of this demonic hairbrain!!! Doesn't he know that being "with"
him and being with terrorists, are the SAME THING!!!"
- "Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does
not mean to stand by the president..." -- Theodore Roosevelt
- If Bush invades Iraq and causes WW3, getting thousands
of our troops killed, billions of civilians murdered,
a world wide recession with horrific inflation under false pretenses, he
will be the most hated president in US history, and the most despised man
in the world -- there will be only contempt and hatred for those who supported
- According to reports by Gordon Thomas and others, Saddam
is a despicable tyrant -- I do not support him. But to invade his country
under false pretenses is equally despicable, or to antagonize and provoke
him as FDR did in Japan, is wrong. It will be the innocent women and children
which will die, as in any country during war. I am just totally against
war with any nation -- it's only a money maker for a few at the top who
profit from it. Their children do not have to go into the military
and die on foreign soil, or come home with catastrophic diseases. I am
a Christian, conservative, pro-Constitution, and pro-Jewish/Israel as my
Bible dictates. I'm confident, there is a solution which can
be worked out in ALL of the Mid East. WW3 is not an option and
must be avoided at all cost. Instead Bush needs to send diplomats to resolve
differences this will show the world what most Americans really are --
lovers of peace, not war. The majority of us are kind, benevolent, fun
loving, generous in: spirit, money, love and willing to help our
friends, neighbors, and relatives in heartbeat without even a
thank-you, but the rest of the world will never see that by the way our
government is behaving. I think we should always remain strong and defend
ourselves, but let's not be the aggressive bullies as we are now being
perceived around the world.
- "To oppose corruption in government is the highest
obligation of patriotism." -- G. Edward Griffin
- CC: friends
- PS: Capt. Riley's News Release at the top above
the double lines, should go to your Congressman, Senators, Media, and Embassies
( <http://www.embassies.org>www.embassies.org )
- There are breaking stories coming out of the UK and Ireland
exposing the above fraud and corruption.