- I was looking at a picture of one of the latest crop
circles and then it occured to me how much more intricate the designs are
getting. Having said that, I came up with a theory of my own. :-)
- I thought, 'How could someone possibly produce such an
intricate formation?" (And I am sure I am not alone in notcing how
much more complex they are getting.)
- Well, I am in the GIS field (Geographic Information Systems)
and as such I am exposed to some of the technology used in mapping our
globe. Well, maybe not the globe, but I am involved in a small part of
- Ever heard of GPS? :-)
- Of course you have! Who hasn't?
- Anyway, as a GIS person and a CAD Draftsman, I know that
it is theoretically possible to design a very intricate pattern, design
or what have you (even a digitized and vectorized human face) in a CAD
program and transfer/ superimpose the design from the CAD world into a
Geographic Application with an accurate map for future transposition into
the physical world by way of GPS technology.
- One would have to place the design and identify/ define
geographic points of reference to the real world in order to accurately
reproduce a real world scaled version of the CAD design by way of GPS technology
using georeferenced graphics. Georeferenced graphics would be graphics
that are linked to known real world coordinates.
- I am sure that you know that GPS data comes in several
levels of accuracy. The small pocket sized units don't give the accuracy
level and lack the functionality to be of much use for such a task.
- So, in my estimation, using both GIS and GPS technology,
one could theoretically pull off a very intricate design scam and wow a
lot of people that are not familiar with the technology and it's capabilities.
- Not a bad theory huh?
- GPS technology is becoming so advanced all the time and
I do know that the accuracy of GPS in terms of placement and location of
existing and new entities (including virtual node points on a man made
design or graphic of Mickey Mouse or even Jeff Rense) is totally possible.
- Once all the ground work was done (on the computer that
is), and a location selected. One would merely have to walk the route at
the chosen physical location following the GPS hand held device and flatten
the crop as you go. You would not need anything more in terms of rope or
survey equipment to accomplish the task, and you could complete a very
intricate pattern in record time.
- Essentially you would be tracing out a giant template
or stencil of the design and the GPS hand held unit would be your guide
and you wouldn't even have to lift your head up until you were done.
- I would love to try this out to prove that it is possible,
but I do not currently have access to the hardware to do it. Perhaps someone
out there in Cyberspace can test my theory for me. :-)
- Now don't get me wrong Jeff, I definately believe that
we are NOT alone in this unuverse. In fact I totally believe that this
Galaxy is literally crawling with intelligent civilizations. I just do
not really see a point to Aliens drawing pictures in our crops to get our
attention or to gradually desensize the human race t the possibility of
the existence of Aliens with superior technology.
- I don't see a point in a species having a prime directive.
Especially if the Aliens are kind, benevolent creatures. If they were hostile
and malevolent beings, then I'm sure we wouldn't be having this conversation.
We'd all be enslaved or worse.
- Derek Steele