- BERLIN (Reuters) - Forget
palm-reading. A blind German psychic claimed Tuesday he could read people's
futures by feeling their naked buttocks.
- Clairvoyant Ulf Buck, 39, claims that people's backsides
have lines like those on the palm of the hand, which can be read to reveal
much about their character and destiny.
- "The bottom is much more intense -- it has a much
stronger power of expression than the hand in my experience," Buck
told Reuters. "It goes on developing throughout your life."
- By running his fingers along a number of lines on the
surface of a client's posterior, he says he can tell them about their future
monetary success, family life, health and happiness.
- He says lines representing success, career and artistic
ability extend inwards from the outer extremities of the buttocks, while
a further five lines radiate outwards.
- "I began on a circle of friends and the circle grew,"
Buck said. "I am not a new-age freak. I treat people with great care
- Buck, who lives in the northern village of Meldorf, northwest
of Hamburg, says all types come to him to have their bottoms read.
- He sees his blindness as a great asset, not least because
it means customers do not risk having their identities revealed.
- "All sorts come, from cleaning ladies and secretaries
to prominent members of the community. For them, my being blind is an advantage
because I can do it without recognizing them again in the future."
Buck has been blind since the age of three.
- Although he claims to have spent many years training
his fingers, with his index and middle fingers the most sensitive, Buck
says even amateur buttock readers can make a broad-brush assessment of
- "An apple-shaped, muscular bottom indicates someone
who is charismatic, dynamic, very confident and often creative. A person
who enjoys life," he said. "A pear-shaped bottom suggests someone
very steadfast, patient and down-to-earth."
- He is quick to shoot down any suggestion that his buttock
groping might be motivated by anything other than a genuine desire to probe
- "I do not need to feel bottoms for my own pleasure.
My wife is quite beautiful enough for me," he said.
- Buck is reluctant to speak about his successes, but says
he correctly predicted an actress from a popular German soap-opera was
going to write a book, and says a stockbroker has been using his services
for over two years.
- "No stockbroker would keep asking a blind clairvoyant
to tell them about future stock prices if they didn't believe I could to
it," he said.