- Egypt, Saudi, Syria Pledge Commitment To Peace
- By Andrew Hammond & Esmat Salaheddin
- SHARM EL-SHEIKH,
Egypt (Reuters) - The presidents of Egypt and Syria and Saudi Arabia's
Crown Prince Abdullah affirmed on Saturday their commitment to pursuing
a peace deal with Israel in exchange for occupied Arab land.
- Meeting for the first time since an Arab summit endorsed
the Saudi-sponsored land-for-peace plan in March, Egypt's Hosni Mubarak,
Syria's Bashar al-Assad and Prince Abdullah also urged the global community
to push Israel to withdraw from occupied areas to pave the way for peace
after decades of bloodshed.
- Israelis Rally For Pullout, Peace
- By Celean Jacobson
© The Associated Press
- TEL AVIV, Israel (AP)
- Challenging their government's policy of holding on to the West Bank
and Gaza, Israelis crowded Tel Aviv's central square Saturday night in
the biggest rally by Israel's resurgent peace camp during nearly 20 months
of Palestinian-Israeli violence.
- About 50,000 Israelis turned out for the demonstration,
waving flags and banners reading, "Leave the territories, for the
sake of Israel.''
- From Joseph Ehrlich
- As we said from the first, Sharon had to agree to it
before the Saudis announced it (and definitely before the Beirut Arab Summit
publicly and globally ratified the Saudi initiative).
- NOTICE FOR THOSE IN THE ISRAELI SETTLEMENTS: YOU HAVE
ALIGNED WITH NETANYAHU. HE LIKE SHARON IS YET ANOTHER MASK FOR PERES.
- ISRAEL DOES NOT HAVE SOVEREIGN LEADERS BECAUSE SOVEREIGN
LEADERS ARE ASSASSINATED AND NEVER ARE PERMITTED TO PREVAIL BY "DEMOCRACTIC"
- The new world order agenda after all the heavy noise
is filtered out is on track. Again, the only major variable is China.
- This week should prove highly interesting.
Berl & Sons Inc.