- Hi Jeff,
- I was raised in Western country that strongly supported
Israel. I was taught at school that the Jewish people had suffered terrible
atrocities and had had to fight "tooth and nail" in several wars
against their neighbours to secure some degree of security. I had always
believed that they were a noble people who had eventually prevailed,
totally outnumbered, due to the brilliance of their military command, the
toughness of their army and the sheer determination of their people. I
left school with the utmost respect for Israel.
- I have just watched several months of news footage from
every source, rabidly pro Israeli, rabidly pro Palestinian and everything
- For the following reasons, I have lost all the respect
I once had for Israel.
- 1. Israel is occupying and settling land outside its
internationally recognised borders.
- 2. It uses heavy military weaponry in confined urban
areas causing inevitable casualties among non-combatants (women, children,
- 3. It uses deadly force against minors without
- 4. It inflicts disproportionate and indiscriminate
on random Palestinians in response to any attack upon it whatsoever.
- 5. Whenever the Palestinians seem to be calming down
Israel demolishes some of their houses or sends in some tanks or something
and inflames everything again.
- 6. Even though it is an aggressor occupying someone
land and inflicting significantly disproportionate casualties, Israel seems
to think that it is the victim (talk about self-deluded).
- After what their people went through during World War
II, you'd think that a Jewish state would know better than to try and
crush a people (hey dumbarses, the more you take away from them the less
they have to lose).
- I guess its just like child abuse. Abused children grow
up to be abuers. Here we see it on a macroscopic scale. Survivors of
end up Nazis (as if its anything else to think that one of your dead is
worth three of theirs). It's the old "it happened to us first, so
now it's someone else's turn" mentality that belongs more in a
than on the international stage*.
- Wake up Israel, you have become everything that you
- Tim Woodill