- Cigar-Shaped UFO Spotted Along Route 33 Near Cachi
- Sighting occurred near the Tin-Tin stretch
- Three motorcyclists from Cachi who were driving along
National Hwy. 33 informed El Tribuno that they had witnessed "a fantastic
- "We saw," --said the bikers-- "an enormous
cigar-shaped unidentified flying object (UFO) measuring some 100 meters
in length." Martin Oliver, Ruben Chihan and Antonio Rodo, young
bikers well-known throughout the area, claimed that their experience occurred
on May 1st as they headed back from the capital. "We want our names
to be included, because for a long time we've been hearing similar stories
from fellow residents who out of a sense of shame or sheer cowardice do
not want their names printed in the paper," stressed the sportsmen.
- "We were finishing the Tin Tin stretch when we saw
a strange light >from the east, in the vicinity of Payogasta. We stopped
our rides and saw it: an enormous cylinder measuring some 100 meters in
length, shining like a mirror in the reflected light of the setting sun.
It was shaped like a giant cigarette and flew slowly some 200 meters from
the ground. We couldn't believe it but it was real. It made no noise whatsoever
and appeared to be made of a material similar to polished steel,"
the cyclists reported.
- "Suddenly, it stopped and remained suspended in
mid-air. A few seconds later, it began flying at an astonishing speed
and lost itself in space."
- (C) 1995-2002. El Tribuno Digital Translation (C) 2002
Institute of Hispanic Ufology Special Thanks to Mercedes Casas. >