- (AFP) - Israeli troops who have taken over three
television stations in Ramallah are broadcasting pornographic movies and
programs in Hebrew, irate residents say.
- Soldiers occupied the offices of three local television
and radio stations on Saturday morning, and started broadcasting the porn
clips intermittently on Saturday afternoon on the Al-Watan, Ammwaj, and
Al-Sharaq channels, the residents said.
- "I have six children at home; they have nowhere
to go with what is going on here and can't even watch TV," Reema,
a Palestinian mother, said.
- "It's not healthy really. I think the Israelis want
to mess with our young men's heads."
- Anita, a mother of three, complained about "the
deliberate psychological damage caused by these broadcasts".
- "I am furious. These are the people who are shooting
at us that also play this disgusting trick on us," she said from her
house in east Jerusalem, where the channels are also available.
- "Luckily, there is no electricity in half of
- A fourth local station, whose premises were not seized
by the army, ran a message across its screen letting people know it was
the Israelis who were behind the graphic scenes.
- The Israeli military denied that it had anything to do
with the pornographic programming and instead blamed the Palestinian