- In Moscow, there is now a real hunt for science, to be
more exact for scientists' heads. Recently, the head of microbiology sub-faculty
of Russian State Medical University (former Second Moscow Medical Institute),
V.Korshunov was killed.
- The body of the killed professor with cranial injury
was found on Friday, at 8.15 (Moscow time) in the entrance of the house
in Academician Bakulev Street, in Southwest Administrative District, where
the 56-year-old scientist lived.
- The police immediately arrived to the spot. Forensic
medical experts found out that the scientist died 8 hours earlier. Afterwards,
proceedings were instituted.
- It was already third death of a scientist, that witnessed
it hardly could be a coincidence. Only within this January, Russian Academy
of Science lost two scientists with world name - academician I.Glebov (who
died as a result of a bandit attack in St Petersburg) and Corresponding
Member of the Academy of Science A.Brushlinski (who was killed in Moscow).
- So, what is happening? At first, one was fighting against
pseudo-science, than against brain drain, and now against what will we
- This scientist has probably invented a vaccine protecting
from any biological weapon, or - quite the contrary - created such a weapon
- like Brushlinski who suffered for his creation.
- Russian science seems to literally die out. Academic
degree is becoming too dangerous for its possessors.