- In a previous article released on October 5, I wrote
that the October al-Jazeera video was a fraud, and called the man who appeared
in it "Osama bin Fake-it." See "The Taliban Home Video,"
- Later, I drew attention to an authentic interview with
the real Osama bin Laden, published in a Karachi, Pakistan newspaper, the
Daily UMMAT, on September 28. In that interview, bin Laden denied any involvement
in the September 11 attacks in the US, and pointed out Islam strictly forbids
the killing of women and children, even in the heat of battle.
- "Bin Laden:
- *** AUTHENTIC INTERVIEW *** "
- Now I have a question for you concerning national leaders
and how they present themselves to the public:
- Did Winston Churchill wear a swastika and a Luftwaffe
uniform while giving speeches during World War II?
- Did President Kennedy wear a Cuban military uniform and
smoke a Cuban cigar when he was addressing the nation during the Cuban
- Does Ariel Sharon wear Yassar Arafat headgear (a kaffiyeh)
while giving press interviews in Israel?
- Of course not.
- We all know that in war time, symbolism is of paramount
importance. No national wartime leader -- Occidental or Oriental, black
or white, saintly or wicked, clever or stupid -- would ever be caught wearing
the regalia of the enemy. That being the case, I have another question
- Why would Osama bin Laden wear a U.S. Army jacket while
making Islamic pronouncements on the Taliban Home Video?
- Such US Army jackets are commonly available in US Army
surplus stores, and look-alikes are sold in mens' wear stores across America.
I wonder where the figure in the al-Jazeera video got his?
- (By the way, the man in this video was holding the microphone
in his right hand; the FBI says Osama bin Laden is left-handed. http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/topten/fugitives/laden.htm
- Bin Laden is a fundamentalist Muslim whose very cause
is the practice of traditional Islam. Traditional Muslims wear traditional
Muslim attire. We are told that Osama hates all Western civilization and
everything American. Yet here is a videotaped statement -- the last that
Americans will be allowed to see -- showing "Osama" wearing the
garb of his enemy.
- Just as Churchill did not wear a swastika and a Luftwaffe
uniform, Kennedy did not wear a Cuban uniform and smoke a Cuban cigar,
and Sharon does not wear Yassar Arafat headgear, so Osama bin Laden would
never wear a US Army jacket while addressing a world audience.
- The US Army jacket is more evidence that the "Osama
bin Laden" in the al-Jazeera video was a stand-in, and that the video
was a complete hoax. Someone I know put it this way:
- "All of the big 'coverups,' Waco, OKC, and WTC,
and there are others, are so deliberately clumsy and so patently implausible,
that it is really inaccurate to call them coverups at all. They are simply
opportunities for the American people to bring to life what they watch
on TV." That is, impossible events depicted on American Tee Vee have
cultivated a national gullibility. Impossible events are accepted as every-day
- And that observation leads to this question: Who is more
stupid? Those who design the crazy deceptions, or those who are fooled
by them? ___
- Carol A. Valentine President, Public Action, Inc. Copyright,
October, 2001. May be reproduced for non-commercial purposes. http://www.rense.com/general15/jal.htm