- VENICE, Fl - Everything
you need to know about the corruption of America that left this country
defenseless on September 11 can be gleaned today from stories coming out
of Jeb Bush's Florida, the hub of the plot. There the climate of intrigue
created by the commodities being traded so casually in that state's over-active
black market allowed 19 Arabs from desert kingdoms to wander about with
the ease of Jimmy Buffet fans after a concert, looking for a bar serving
- Let's begin with a story in the Tampa Tribune of a twin-engine
Lear jet, which took off two days after the Sept 11 attack, at a time when
every other private plane in the nation was grounded due to safety concerns.
- "The Phantom Flight from Florida"
- Because the federal government says the flight never
took place, the paper headlined it the "Phantom Flight from Florida."
It carried a Saudi Arabian prince, the son of that nation's defense minister,
as well as the son of a Saudi army commander, and it flew from Tampa to
Lexington, Kentucky, where Saudi princes had been purchasing racehorses
in Bluegrass Country.
- >From there, they flew a private 747 out of the country.
But if no one in the government would acknowledge what had happened, the
two armed bodyguards hired to get their clients out of the state were only
too happy to recall a trip they remembered vividly.
- The Trib's reporter said the story revealed "a glimpse
of international intrigue in the aftermath of terrorist attacks on America."
- It also offers a glimpse of the privilege accorded these
foreign Saudi nationals that was denied American citizens.
- "Everyone's got deals with the Saudi's," protested
a Special Forces Commander at McDill AFB, where the Afghan war was run,
when asked about the trip. "Why point a finger at this one incident?"
- Because, we told him, we suspected that the initial pilot
training of Bin Laden's Air Force at the tiny Venice Florida airport was
a CIA operation, one they would be loath to admit.
- So we presumed the evacuation of the Saudis had been
accomplished by the CIA, and we were trying to track down the owner of
the Lear in question to better understand some of that Agency's numerous
activities in Florida.
- Since the plane took off from a private hanger at Raytheon
Airport Services in Tampa, we went there first... Raytheon is a major defense-intelligence
industry player which spent the past decade expanding, purchasing notorious
E-Systems and culminating with Raytheon's merger with Hughes Electronics'
defense operations (Hughes Aircraft).
- Catch-22 All Over Again
- Surely such a patriotic organization would support the
American people's right to know? After all, that's what we're fighting
for, right? Freedom?
- But when we contacted Raytheon to ask who owned the Lear
we were told we would have to ask the owner of the plane to ask Raytheon
to tell us who owned the plane.
- A Raytheon spokesman said, "I checked our policy
on disclosing owner/customer information and we decline to do so unless
that owner requests that we release the information."
- We had inadvertently stumbled onto a modern day Catch-22.
We didn't know who the owner was, so how could we ask them for permission
to release their names?
- Today--no thanks to Raytheon-- the MadCowMorningNews
has learned from a knowledgeable aviation source that the Lear jet in question
very likely came from a Naples, Florida charter service.
- The Magic Dutch Boy Gets Around
- "Wally Hilliard owns the only charter Lear service
in Southwest Florida," said this source. "If a Lear was flying
that day, it would have been his."
- Among his many accomplishments, 'retired' entrepreneur
Hilliard is the partner and financial backer of 'Magic Dutch Boy' Rudi
Dekkers, whose Venice Florida flight school was the terrorist's American
- If Hilliard's Lear jets were extricating Saudis out of
Raytheon in a CIA operation at the same time that Hilliard is also the
boss of Magic Dutch Boy Rudi Dekkers, whose operation trained Mohamed Atta
and his terrorist cadre to fly... well anyone can connect those dots. Except
of course for American journalists like Geraldo and Ashley Banfield.
- Is the CIA responsible for the fact that Rudi Dekker's
Huffman Aviation was the terrorist's Omaha Beach?
- At press time, phone calls to Mr. Hilliard for comment
had not been returned.
- Presumably, the FBI has already looked into this, and
reported their findings to the Senate Intelligence panel, which will be
conducting hearings into the Sept 11 debacle in the coming months....right?
- The FBI, we recalled, had pointedly stated--early on--that
they knew about terrorists rotating through Rudi Dekkers' flight school
in Venice, Florida. But they had left hanging the question of why they
did nothing to shut it down.
- Saudi Princess Charged with Beating Servant
- Two other stories surfaced this past week illustrating
the intrigue and corruption in Florida that may have contributed to the
Sept 11 attacks.
- An AP article last week told of a Saudi Princess, a niece
of King Fahd, charged with beating her servant and throwing her down the
- The assault occurred in Orlando, Florida. The Saudi Princess's
attorney says she has diplomatic immunity. But what we found most interesting
in the story was the revelation that several years ago another Saudi princess
was also accused of beating her servants...also in Orlando.
- It's a Small World After All, huh?
- In that attack, three Sheriff's deputies stood by and
watched, though they had all taken oaths to uphold American law. They were
later 'disciplined' for not stopping the beating.
- Money doesn't talk. It swears.
- Death Ship Sailed from Tampa, Florida
- The last story that came out this week fingering Florida
as a cauldron of "spookish" plots was the big story in London
last week. A cargo ship was intercepted in the English Channel on its way
towards carrying suspected terrorist material into the heart of London.
British anti-terrorist officers seized the London-bound MV Nisha off the
coast of England in a dramatic raid by Royal Navy units.
- The route taken by the vessel was cited as having caused
- We have learned that what the British Press took to calling
the 'Death Ship' started its journey in Tampa, Florida, bound for Djibouti
and neighboring Somalia (linked to Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network)
with a cargo of "humanitarian aid."
- Was there a Tampa-Djibouti Connection? Or is this just
- Strangely, Tampa is also the home of an Islamic studies
think tank whose 'head thinker' left town several years ago to become the
leader of... Islamic Jihad.
- Then the government held the new think tank chief for
more than three and a half years on secret evidence, in a Bradenton, Florida
jail. Mazen Al-Najjar was eventually released after courts ruled that he
could not be detained further without just cause.
- But local reporters wrote at the time that the government
had reluctantly revealed only the smallest bit of its evidence against
- Tampa, of course, is home to McDill Air Force Base, where
the military's Central Command serves as the nerve center for the war in
- Is this just coincidence? What could have attracted "Islamic
extremists" from the country (Afghanistan) known as the worldwide
center of heroin production, to Tampa, a cigar-making Gulf port that was
also the home to Mob Boss Santos Trafficante (who controlled the heroin
- Do you imagine the Senate Intelligence Committee will
be looking into this?
- Racehorses... filled with Cocaine?
- In a curious aside, respected writer Dominick Dunne last
week reported that a source "who helps prepare racehorses for Middle
Eastern businessmen" (in Lexington Kentucky?) had told him that Rep.
Gary Condit was a frequent guest at the Middle Eastern embassies in Washington
"where young women would be brought for "nocturnal pleasures."
- The procurer supposedly told Dunne's contact that some
time before April 30, Condit confided to one of his Middle Eastern friends
that he had been involved with a woman and wanted to end it, but that she
was "threatening to talk."
- Levy may have stumbled into a noxious ring of prostitution,
sex slaves and Middle Eastern sheiks in Washington, D.C., said the story,
which might have contributed to her disappearance.
- Here we recall that several sources had reported that
Barry Seal, the subject of our recent book, had brought racehorses from
Colombia in military C123 cargo planes that were filled with cocaine.
- In the wake of the Sept 11 disaster officials in Washington
promised explanations. But it was left to British Prime Minister Tony Blair
to sketch out the Cliff notes version of the case against Bin Laden.
- He said, "Al Qaeda is a terrorist organization with
ties to a global network."
- "A global network."
- A global network clearly assisted the terrorist cadre.
- But...what global network? A global network of what?
- Today, this same "global network" is still
shadowy and undefined.
- And it appears that official Washington and the major
media would like to keep it that way.