- Since the very public accusations of two weeks ago, published
in Yediot Ahronot, that Shimon Peres organized the Rabin assassination
and that Rabin's bodyguard Yoram Rubin did the shooting, a very determined
campaign has taken place to neutralize the charges. I documented this campaign
in my previous posting called Protecting Peres.
- Just three days since that posting, the campaign has
turned desperate and downright bizarre. Look at the article published in
Maariv yesterday (Jan. 5, 2002).
- Headline: According To A Book Published By The Cabinet
Minister Eli Yishai's Brother In Law: Amir Is Not The Murderer
- "In a book published by Shas Party Chairman Eli
Yishai's brother, Yigal Amir is portrayed as a patsy. In the book, The
Whole Truth, written by Rabbi Yosef Shashua, a seance is recalled with
the late prime minister, Yitzhak Rabin, during which he identifies his
Shabak bodyguard Yoram Rubin as his murderer. The book was exposed during
last night's Channel Two Program, Tonight With Gabi Gazit.
- "Rabbi Shashua, who is married to Shas Chairman
and Interior Minister Eli Yishai's sister, receives a monthly government
stipend of 3000 shekels. The book's forward was written by Shas spiritual
leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, who notes: ' In the name of providing our people
with strength in their hearts, Rabbi Shashua's book, The Whole Truth proves
that we are far from being told the truth and are being led astray from
the holy Torah.'
- "In one chapter of the book, a seance with Rabin
is conducted at the request of David Ben Gurion's daughter Geula Ben Eliezer,
who received messages from Ben Gurion's spirit to conduct it. In the seance
Ben Gurion says, 'I prepared Rabin to be a victim...I warned him about
the conniver (Peres)...There's no Oslo...Rubin murdered Rabin.
- "Then Rabin asked the assembled to read his book
(Pincas Sherut) Service Record, because Shimon Peres betrayed him and
was a partner in his murder. During the seance Rabin said, 'Rubin shot
the bodyguard who shouted, 'They're blanks.' He's part of the bigger conspiracy.
Yigal Amir was a victim."
- "Shas spokesman Yitzhak Sudri explained that, "The
Minister is not responsible for the activities of his family.'"
- Now what's going on here? The seance was conducted five
years ago and the book has been out for almost half that time. Why is this
- Here's how it worked out that way. On Saturday Night,
Channel Two broadcast promos for the Gazit show promising a seance that
would expose Rabin's bodyguard Yoram Rubin. Israel's leading parapsychologist
Hanan Avraham was scheduled to conduct the seance but he was cancelled
at the last moment. Instead, Gazit just talked about the Shashua book.
- Instant scandal. The next day the radio talk shows were
abuzz with callers reacting to the show. One caller on Radio Two summed
up the overall attitude: "The book's author is an idiot and if Peres
doesn't sue him, he's a bigger idiot." Then came Maariv's report with
the screaming headline that Amir isn't the murderer.
- I reported this seance in 1997, and I was the only one
to so bother. I add, I caught living heck from a lot of readers who thought
I was cheapening my both-feet-on-the-ground research by reporting nonsense.
I replied that I felt there was a legitimate sociological angle to the
event. Here's what I reported:
- "I was faxed this confirmation from the magazine
Tzahov, popular in the New Age crowd. Now admittedly, their research is
hardly conclusive but Tsahov reports that Rabin was killed by his bodyguard
Yoram Rubin. How did they reach this left wing extremist conclusion? In
typical New Age fashion; their reporters attended a seance conducted by
the country's leading parapsychologist, Hanan Avraham, in which Rabin was
called back from the land of the dead to attend. Tzahov's editor Shimon
Ashor admits that he was one of those who 'threw away his kippa after the
murder believing that the stupidity and racism of the religious caused
Rabin's death.' Thus he was 'flabbergasted' by Rabin's comments from the
world beyond. Hanan Avraham's method is to place a cup in the middle of
a board surrounded by Hebrew letters. When Rabin answered, the cup moved
from letter to letter. The reporters saw no physical means for moving the
cup and Ashor admits that 'most thought the cup was moved by the spiritual
power of Hanan Avraham.' Now that the validity of the method was established
in New Age terms, the seance was recorded:
- Rabin: Yitzhak here.
- Hanan: Excuse us, we are all very excited to hear from
you. Are you the departed Prime Minister?
- Rabin: No need to apologise. Yes, I am.
- Hanan: Do you have a message for the people?
- Rabin: I tried my best to slow things down and was made
to pay for it. My service was terminated. Remember what I said at Givat
Hatakhmoshet in '94? There is no abandoning Jerusalem.
- Hanan: What do you mean by 'my service was terminated?'
- Rabin: Peres.
- Hanan: What about him?
- Rabin: He betrayed me... (Hanan tries to get Rabin to
elaborate but his message is confused. So he tries a new conversation opener.
- Hanan: Does your friend Ben Gurion have a message for
- Rabin: Yes.
- Hanan: Did you give the warning at Givat Hatakhmoshet
that it is forbidden to abandon Jerusalem?
- Rabin: Yes.
- Hanan: Is Ben Gurion beside you?
- Rabin: Yes.
- Hanan: Please, our intentions are good.
- Ben Gurion: I prepared Yitzhak for sacrifice. I warned
him about intrigue. There is no Oslo. Rubin shot Yitzhak.
- Rabin: Dado (the scapegoat for the Yom Kippur War who
died most suspiciously) warned me and so did Skolnik. Both were betrayed
also. I miss my grandson Michael.
- Hanan: How did you prepare Yitzhak?
- Ben Gurion: We knew about the conspiracy. We tried to
warn him to prevent a crisis. There is no Oslo. It is a mistaken Holocaust
- Rabin: Leah is suffering. She cries for shelter. She
too is in a trap from the highest echelons of the Shabak.
- Hanan: Who is Skolnick?
- Skolnick: I am Skolnick. I am Levi Eshkol (former Prime
Minister). I tried to warn him about the shigitz (Yiddish for cabinet minister).
- Hanan: Mr. Rabin, do you have a message for your granddaughter
- Rabin: Yes. She is frightened and confused. Rubin shot
the bodyguard who shouted, 'They're blanks, (Yoav Kuriel perhaps). Persky
(Peres's original name) conspires with Satan. He'll do anything to be prime
- Hanan: What is your opinion of Yigal Amir (his alleged
- Rabin: A victim.
- Hanan: Of whom?
- Rabin: Of the Shabak and Avishai. (Avishai Raviv, the
Shabak agent provocateur).
- Hanan: Your friend Ben Gurion said to stop the peace
process. What is the alternative?
- Rabin: The peace process is a delusion, the Old Man (Ben
- Hanan: Was Yigal Amir the one who shot you?
- Rabin: No.
- Hanan: Does Amir know?
- Rabin: Yes.
- Hanan: Who shot you, then?
- Rabin: The bodyguard.
- Hanan: Who gave him the order?
- Rabin: D.
- Hanan: Who told you?
- Rabin: Dado.
- Hanan: Did you know the scenario ahead of time?
- Rabin. Yes.
- Hanan: So why didn't you prevent it?
- Rabin: Because if I did there would be two choices: military
trials and suicides or a dictatorship followed by a civil war over peace.
Tell everyone. Goodbye."
- At this point the stunned gathering breaks into tears,
all their illusions shattered. Allow me to say that I am not an advocate
of this kind of research. However, tens of thousands of Israeli New Agers
are and the minutes of this seance are very real to them. They are also
citizens of Israel who now believe that Rabin was murdered in much the
same terms that my worldly research suggests, if not proves. The authenticity
of this feeling is confirmed by Ashor who writes that despite the charges
levelled by Rabin from the other side, 'I am in favour of Peres continuing
the peace process.'"
- This seance was conducted in 1996, barely a year after
the assassination. So here is what spooks me. The details are right. It
took me four years to discover that Rabin was murdered after he told his
foreign bosses that he wouldn't carry on with 'peace' process as it was
being conducted. It took me five years to get the goods on Rubin and Peres.
This seance beat us all to the truth by at least three years.
- Nonetheless, I decided to never, ever, ever discuss the
seance ever, ever, ever again. And that meant sloughing hundreds of inquiries
about it at lectures and over the computer. That's just what I need, to
be associated with ouija boards and the occult, a surefire recipe for destroying
the credibility of my research.
- And that's why this story is now going public. Peres'
protectors have found a formula for diminishing the credibility of the
Rabin researchers, and members of The Public Committee For The Reinvestigation
Of The Rabin Assassination who have been most publicly implicating Peres
and Rubin in Rabin's murder.
- Committee chairman Yaacov Verker was overjoyed by the
Gazit show and the Maariv article.
- "Look at the crazy twists the story is taking now.
They think they are squelching the talk about Peres and Rubin but they're
actually spreading it."
- "No," I answered, "They're ridiculing
- "Then why was Hanan Avraham pulled off the Gazit
show? Someone was worried about what he'd say about Rabin. I know Hanan,
he's very serious. I'm going to follow this up."
- "Don't do it. You're falling into the trap."
- Needless to say, the determined Yaacov immediately had
a long conversation with Hanan Avraham. Here's what he was going to explain
on the Gazit show:
- "Two days before the Rabin assassination, Geula
Ben Eliezer contacted me. Her father, David Ben Gurion had spoken to her
in dreams for the past few nights. He wanted an urgent meeting. I complied
and Ben Gurion warned her that Peres was plotting against Rabin and his
life was in danger. After the session, she quickly called Rabin and told
him what her father said. He shrugged her off and answered, 'So, I'll be
- And that was just the prologue before he was to speak
about the post-assassination session.
- Now you see why I want nothing to do with this latest
twist in the protection of Peres? This is a highly sophisticated psychological
operation to get Peres off the hook. Who is going to believe any of this?
- Peres is desperate and desperate times call for desperate
measures. Not only is Peres under attack from the Committee's campaign
but at least two of the actors in the Rabin murder drama are close to spilling
the beans. The doctor who forged Rabin's autopsy report, Yehuda Hiss is
about to be prosecuted for stealing body parts during his autopsies and
he needs to buy safety, and Rabin's last driver, Menachem Danmti is going
stark raving mad.
- I certainly believe the seances took place. Early Labor
Zionist leaders were involved in all kinds of cultic adventures. Rabin
was a 32nd degree Mason and Ben Gurion delved deeply into Buddhism. That
Ben Gurion's daughter communicated to him through dubious spiritual exercises
is no real surprise.
- But I'm staying away from the ambush and sticking to
this worldly evidence. ___
- * The power of modern communications! The little addendum
to my last sendout, about the American government persuading the wife of
a Flight 93 victim to go public with a false heroics story got, I think,
more attention than the main article about protecting Peres from prosecution.
The facts sent reveal how the plot most likely took place. The pregnant
wife didn't get the cellphone call from her husband; she was merely told
what he said. The husband, so the tall tale went, called 911 from the plane
and passed the last message to his wife via a 30ish black female operator.
Unfortunately, she didn't record the call, and so had to tell the wife
what she recalled. No, the operator had never heard the husband's voice
before, so couldn't be positive it was him. The wife fell for the plot
and agreed to spread the tale of gallantry on Flight 93, not knowing that
she was covering up the fact that the plane didn't crash land in Pennsylvania;
it was shot down.
- * For those who asked what Bush promised the Pakistani
government in exchange for using their country as a staging ground for
attacking Afghanistan: the answer is Kashmir.
- I'll be interviewed on the Jeff Rense Show this Thursday,
Jan. 10 at 9-10pm Pacific or 7AM Friday Israel time assuming a ten hour
difference. Double check. I know I have to. Listen via the Internet at
- I'm proud to announce that Counting Coup Press has just
released the American Edition of my book Israel Betrayed. Write email@example.com