- Senator Hillary Clinton's inner circle is furious at
MIRAMAX king Harvey Weinstein after the former first lady suffered through
a public relations nightmare during Saturday's CONCERT FOR NEW YORK. Hillary
Clinton was jeered and booed by thousands gathered at Madison Square Garden
as she took to the stage-unannounced-to introduce a movie clip.
- VH1 cameras captured firemen and police heroes wildly
booing Clinton, who attempted to raise her voice above the shouting crowd.
- "Get off the stage! We don't want you here!"
yelled one New York City police officer just feet from the senator.
- Anti-Clinton slurs spread and intensified throughout
the Garden, with many standing near the stage lobbing profanities.
- Event-planner and close Clinton friend Harvey Weinstein
was visibly shaken as he heard the crowd erupt with boos and jeers, according
to an eyewitness.
- The junior senator from New York ending up giving the
shortest presentation of the evening, clocking in at under 20 seconds.
- "How could we not know this would be the wrong forum
for Hillary?!" shouted one confidante. "These are cops and firemen
who listen to right-wing talkradio. They still think she killed Vince Foster,
for Christ's sake!"
- Other New York politicians received warmer welcomes during
the 5- hour concert which featured Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Elton John
- Former President Bill Clinton, who took the stage minutes
after his wife, worked over scattered boos with talk of the rescuers' heroism.
- Following the Clintons, James Taylor soothed the heroes
with an acoustic FIRE AND RAIN.
- The concert raised millions of dollars for September
11 relief efforts.