- The arguments and opinions have been raging back and
forth on the crop glyph at Chilbolton. I have been favoring the conclusion
that this glyph is a hoax or, at the least, not an answer to the Arecibo
radio message of 1974.
- Many researchers have undertaken an analysis of the
glyph to determine the new form of the message.
- Now, Dr. Bruce Cornet has done an analysis of all the
analyzers and has found a mistakes in the code referencing DNA.
- Dr. Cornet has several degrees. B.A. in biology (1970)
and M.S. in paleobotany (1973) at the University of Connecticut, and Ph.D.
in geology and palynology (1977) at the Pennsylvania State University.
Post-doctorate research in geology and paleobotany at the Lamont-Doherty
Earth Observatory, Columbia University (1989-1990). The author or coauthor
of 21 refereed scientific papers and two books, all on paleontological
and/or geological subjects. 14 years experience in the oil industry, and
President of Geminoil, Inc., which successfully explored for and found
oil on the East Coast in Triassic age rocks thought to be barren of
(just before the collapse of the oil industry in the early 1980's).
- He says:
- "Whether or not ETI could figure this out depends
on their level of knowledge and understanding of biochemistry. Because
of some mistakes in the code for Deoxyribose, Adenine, and Guanine, ETI
might not be able to figure out all the nucleotides correctly. Deoxyribose
has five Carbon atoms, but the "symbol" for it shows seven Carbon
atoms. Guanine has five Carbon atoms, but the "symbol" for it
shows four Carbon atoms. Likewise, Adenine has five Carbon atoms, but
the symbol for it shows only four Carbon atoms. Within the DNA molecule
(as opposed to separate from it), Adenine has only four Hydrogen atoms
(two attached to a Nitrogen and one each attached to a Carbon), but the
"symbol" shows it having five Hydrogens. These may seem like
small errors, but when ETI attempts to figure out our DNA chemistry, those
errors are compounded enormously. If the Chilbolton signal crop formation
truly came from ETI, then it should have these errors corrected if ETI
possess the same DNA and biochemistry as humans. The truth will be
in the errors. Drake may have intentionally included these errors so that
hoaxers might be caught red handed. And so they seem to have
- Full analysis with graphics and tables by Dr. Cornet
may be viewed at: http://bcorn
- Has anyone attempted to contact Frank Drake about
- Frank Drake:
- Professor, Astronomy and Astrophysics (1984 - present)
and Dean, Natural
- Sciences (1984 - 88), UC Santa Cruz
- Member, National Academy of Sciences
- Chairman, Board of Physics and Astronomy, National
- - 92)
- President, Astronomical Society of the Pacific (1988
- Director, National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center (1970
- Professor of Astronomy, Cornell University (1964 -
- Bill Hamilton
- Executive Director
- Skywatch International, Inc.
Site Served by TheHostPros