- The Rendlesham File
- "The official view is that no one at higher levels
in the Air Force or government took the Rendlesham sightings at all seriously
at the time ñ and this book is not going to change the official
views, despite what Bruni may hope."
- - Ian Ridpath, Review of "You Can't Tell The People"
The Skeptic, Volume 14 No 1.
- The Rendlesham Forest incident, involving members of
the USAF stationed at the twin RAF bases Bentwaters and Woodbridge in Suffolk,
England, is Britain's most famous UFO case. Hard evidence to support that
an incident did take place on the perimeter of RAF Woodbridge is now well
documented. This includes an official USAF memorandum authored Deputy Base
Commander, Lt Colonel Halt, his tape recording of the incident and more
recently official USAF photographs taken of the landing site. But still
the sceptics hang on to the theory that the UFO was nothing more than the
beam from the local lighthouse.
- Since January 2001, Admiral of the Fleet The Lord Hill
Norton, has put a staggering 16 Questions to the House of Lords relating
to the case as presented in my book _You Can't Tell The People_. As a result
of these Questions and pressure put on Parliament and the Ministry of Defence
to release information on this case, Lord Hill Norton and myself are now
in possession of the Ministry of Defence's Rendlesham Forest file.
- For twenty one years the Ministry of Defence has claimed
that the only report in their file, was Colonel Halt's memorandum, that
the incident was of no defence significance and that no UFO's were tracked
- What does the file reveal?
- 1.Vital evidence, which backs up my book and proves that
in spite of what the sceptics believe, those at higher levels in the Air
Force and government did take the Rendlesham Forest incident seriously
enough to begin an investigation.
- 2.That the Americans retrieved vital evidence that was
not shared with Britain's Ministry of Defence.
- 3.That several departments in the Ministry of Defence
and RAF were involved in an investigation, including Defence Intelligence
- 4.That problems arose with equipment at RAF Watton Eastern
Radar during the incident.
- 5.That Defence Intelligence Staff considered the radiation
readings to be significantly higher than normal (by a factor of about ten).
- 6.That the USAF did carry out an investigation.
- 7.That the Ministry of Defence considered sanitising
Colonel Halt's memorandum prior to its release due to concern over intelligence
and national security matters.
- And much more
- Nick Pope: These revelations are sensational, and I'm
sure there will be pressure for an inquiry into both the incident itself
and the subsequent actions of both the MOD and the USAF.
- Full Story in UFO Magazine (UK) on Sale 30 August 2001
Includes feedback from senior Air Force Staff
- Order your copy from www.ufomag.co.uk Tel: 0870 7575836
- I will be doing a full presentation of the facts, an
update and further comments from witnesses and those involved, at the International
Leeds Conference on 22 September 2001.
- - Georgina Bruni
- "You Can't Tell The People". The Definitive
Account of the Rendlesham Forest UFO Mystery by Georgina Bruni. Published
by Sidgwick & Jackson Available on-line at: www.amazon.co.uk and all