- ENID, Okla. (AP) - A photographic
supply salesman told police he was almost swept from the highway last night
by a "huge flying saucer" which swooped low at a terrific speed.
- Sid Eubanks, 50, Wichita, Kan., told his bizarre tale
to Desk Sgt. Vern Benell, who said the man was still trembling when he
walked into the police station.
- Eubanks said the mystery object, appearing as a "yellow
green, then yellow brown streak about 400 feet long," suddenly swooped
low over U.S. Highway 81 and completely reversed directions, disappearing
in a few seconds into the west.
- He said the "tremendous pressure nearly threw my
automobile off the road."
- The object loomed suddenly out of the night between Bison
and Waukomis, south of here, Eubanks said. He described it as a huge round
ball when directly over him.