Major UFO Wave In Midwest
Including 'Fleet Of Discs'
George A. Filer
Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern
MUFON Skywatch Investigations
Filer's Files #17
UFO WAVE IN MIDWEST -- UFOs were seen in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, Michigan, California, Alaska and Chili.
Maryland MUFON researcher George Reynolds reports that he is monitoring high magnetic activity in the earth's field around his home in Maryland with his magnetic anomaly detector instruments. Ed Stork of Denver, Pennsylvania designed and built the instruments. On April 11, 12, 13, and 14 both instruments located 40 miles apart were very active measuring considerably higher than normal readings. The units were designed to pick up UFOs, but have been reliable in predicting both UFOs and earthquakes. Their research has discovered that earthquakes often follow high magnetic activity. In recent weeks there has been unusually powerful coronal mass ejections or solar storms that often cause high magnetic activity on Earth as well as in space. This intense solar storm activity appears to create an increase in reports of huge 'motherships' aircraft carrier size craft that take refuge in our dense atmosphere or underwater. The following Midwest wave of reports indicate a mothership may have moved into the Lake Michigan area. This was followed by numerous sightings of disc shaped UFOs often seen departing and moving into the large motherships.
ORLANDO -- A very large dark UFO with two red lights hovered over the Deseret Ranch, just east of the city on Thursday night, March 28, 2001. According to the eyewitness, "I observed two slow-flying red lights that appeared to be hundreds of yards away, just above the tree line. The two red lights were moving very slowly from east to west." The lights moved in a very exacting detail, as if they were connected to each other, which would have made it one extremely big object if we could have seen the superstructure." " The object made no sound as it passed. This was observed at the Deseret Ranch, just east of the Orlando International Airport." The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints, also known as the Mormons owns the ranch. A new Mormon Temple is being built. Thanks to Rev. Billy Dee
CHARLOTTESVILLE -- On April 3, 2001, I was walking my dog at 8:30 PM when I looked up and almost directly above was some type of craft with five rounded sides, with a light at each of the five points. It was a bit like a pentagon, but rounded enough to say that it was round - with five distinct edges. The lights were yellowish in color and not very bright. The craft was low to the ground compared to the air traffic. The craft was moving slowly to the east/northeast. There was a large cloud in its flight path, and as it disappeared behind the cloud, I stood there to watch it come out the other side. Given its speed and the size of the cloud, I expected to see it come out the other side relatively quickly. When it did not, I looked around, and saw the craft now moving in a south/southeast direction, looking like it made a 90-degree turn when the cloud hid it. The lights lit the craft enough to make the five sides clearly visible. I am a professional and student in my late 20's. I've never seen anything like this before, and was not under the influence of any substances - it was a fascinating experience. Thanks to Peter Davenport Director or National Reporting Center <A HREF=""NUFORC</A
BALTIMORE -- Researcher Bill Bean sent me a video of unusually fast moving craft flying moving over the city on March 28, 2001. The actual craft could not be seen, but it was at the beginning of a developing contrail that flew probably twice as fast as other jet aircraft from north to south at 3:19 PM. Its altitude is estimated 35,000 feet. No structure could actually be seen as it created a new contrail across the sky. Perhaps even more remarkable it flew beneath a contrail that had expanded and clouded up a huge five mile wide and hundreds of mile long contrail with thick clouds. Both contrails with quickly forming clouds were very strange. Thanks to Bill Bean
NEW BRUNSWICK -- The witness reports seeing four flying objects flying east on April 7, 2001, that suddenly reversed direction during flight. They looked bluish when spotted at 8:21 PM. The weather was cloudy and I could not see the shape very clearly, but they looked round. They were flying low just above ground. The witness stated, "The reason I think they were UFO is because of the way they changed flying direction. They suddenly reversed their direction and the acceleration was just not possible for any known man-made machine." They seemed to play with each other for about two minutes. When I went inside to get a cam recorder and to record them, they were gone. As a scientist who majored in Physics, I must admit those UFOs I saw could be lighting. However, I have never seen any lighting like that! Thanks to Peter Davenport <A HREF=""NUFORC</A
FRANKLIN -- While patrolling the campgrounds where he works at 11:47 PM on April 4, 2001, the witness saw the same disc shaped object he had reported last summer on July 11, 2000. The disc was just over the tree line again--but a little farther away in the same area. It hovered in place for about five minutes, and then sped over ten miles to the west and hovered for another fifteen minutes. The witness stated, "It then shot straight up, and I lost all sight of it." Thanks to NUFORC Peter Davenport Director of the National Reporting Center.
WESTVILLE - A retired Chicago teacher who taught for 35 years and lives on a small farm reported she saw a very bright light in the eastern sky traveling straight west on April 4, 2001. It passed almost directly over the teacher at approximately 11:30 PM, and continued in a straight westward path until the trees obscured it from view. The witness states, "The light was like a motorcycle headlight, - single, not double as an airplane's." There was no accompanying jet noise or airplane motor noise - only a soft after" hum" - like a furnace running, or wind through trees. This craft did not have red and green running lights. I saw four distinct lights arranged in a diamond shape (or a triangle with a tail). There was also the suggestion of a few smaller lights around the back of the craft. The front and rear lights were cream colored, while the sidelights were amber and chartreuse. It was traveling rapidly - from initial sighting to the point where I lost it in the trees. It took less than 30 seconds to cover 3/4 of a mile. The sky around my farm usually has many moving lights - all attached to regular aircraft. The speed of this craft astonished me, making me realize that it was not one of the "regulars." Editor's Note: I spoke with Peter Davenport Director of NUFORC who had interviewed the witness at length. He found her to be quite credible, sober-minded witness. It was totally silent. Thanks to Peter Davenport. <A HREF=""NUFORC</A
CANTON -- The witness spotted a large egg shaped craft that had a strange blue glow that he observed on April 7, 2001. There were three traveling very fast in circles, up and down, side to side at 5:00 PM just before sunset. They just sat there and hovered. One of the large UFOs had four smaller objects fly out of it. The first three large egg shaped UFOs disappeared completely, while the smaller four took off extremely fast. Before they left, all the battery clocks in my house, such as my watch stopped working at the same time. After the UFOs departed, the clocks worked again.
MIDDLEFIELD - A week later while driving westbound on State Route 87 by the Geauga and Trumbull County line on April 13, 2001, another car was approaching towards the east at 11:37 PM. A bright beam of light appeared in between our two cars, and suddenly both vehicles lost power. My engine, lights, etc. cut out immediately. At first I thought it was a problem with my truck, but then noticed that the other car was "dead," too. This lasted for approximately three minutes. There was just bright light with no sound at all. Then, the light disappeared and electrical power turned back on in both of our vehicles. Nothing major happened, just lost radio presets and the clock. Now, neither seems to want to be reset. Thanks to NUFORC
EVANSVILLE -- It was like seeing a fleet of plates all gray except for the lights flying through the air on April 13, 2001. We saw the visitors real early in the morning at 2:37 AM. The discs were hovering there for about twenty seconds then they took off toward the north. They had numerous lights on the bottom that were a reddish color and turned green when they left. They had many weird looking fins that were in the shape of a spiral that led into the center, which constantly opened and closed. . They were very quiet except when one dropped a few hundred feet and that only sounded like a jet engine far in the distance.
WARREN - It seemed as though heaven spilled a bucket of fireflies according to the witness. On March 22, 2001, he first saw a wave of lights traveling west and breaking into separate 'V' shaped formations. At 8:10 PM, they were moving at about the speed of a passenger jet at altitude. I heard the roar of jets north of them probably coming from Selfridge National Guard Air Base. A neighbor who thought the world was ending also witnessed the spectacle. After he settled down, he stated, "As they were descending they seemed to see the police chopper on its rounds and slowed till it passed. This occurred behind me as I was turning to look at the chopper (which is why I saw the UFOs) so I cannot confirm this. This I can confirm as they traveled west and became distant I could see clearly that the assembled on an even place, prior they were at varying heights. They didn't speed up or slow down they moved constant. Then they vanished at light speed once they were all in a nice little row.
EAST LANSING -- I was walking around my town at night around 10:30 PM on April 13, 2001. I glanced up in the clear sky and saw a triangle formation of 3 saucer shaped objects. The saucers flew overhead silently and very quickly. I have seen these saucers more times than I can remember in East Lansing. They seem to be a common occurrence. They always fly silently, but at varying speeds. Sometimes they fly so fast it seems impossible. Thanks to NUFORC
RIVERVIEW -- My two friends and I were standing outside at 1:00 AM on April 11, 2001, when we observed ten saucers flying close to the ground, rapidly switching places with one another. We were swinging on my old swing set when all of the sudden, my friend pointed into the sky. There were ten bright orange colored saucers. They weren't all that far from the ground only 100 to 300 feet. We stood in awe of them. They moved fast, constantly switching places with each other. When we went inside, it was still 1:00 AM. We are three, thirteen old girls. We come from a rather normal upbringing, although my parents passed away and I fear aliens and UFOs to the extreme, but I never talked about it before.
GAYLORD - The witness reports they are located at 45 degrees North Latitude in Northern Michigan. They were sitting in their hot tub at 10:15 PM, looking at the sky on April 14, 2001. The witness said to her husband, pointing "Is that Cassiopeia? As I was looking, I saw what I at first thought was a shooting star. But as I watched, it didn't fade like most shooting stars." As I focused on it, I saw a cluster of four "lights" and a cluster of three, both in a "V" format on, moving swiftly across the sky, east to west, not fading. I thought, as they approached the rooftop of my house, that they seemed to move closer together, but the light from them never dimmed. There was no sound. While watching, I immediately stood up so that I could see them longer. Thanks to Peter Davenport <A HREF=""NUFORC</A .
DePERE - The witness reports a disc approached from south to north flying over us and then made a hair pin 180 degree turn above us heading south again on April 11, 2001. The disc passed less than 300 feet above us. We could see it was darker than background night sky. It was out lined with many small red lights. The craft made no sound, but we could feel its presence getting stronger as it came closer and diminish as it left.
ROTHSCHILD -- An object with four lights was seen hovering and when approached it sped away at an extreme speed on April 13, 2001, at 12:00 AM. The object had four bright lights on it and it appeared to be hovering about 100 feet above the ground as we approached. When we got close the object sped away. We tried to pursue it but as we did the object speed was too fast and within seconds it was out of sight. A second witness describes probably the same craft. We were driving home Friday night April 13, 2001, and when we got near our house in Rothschild we looked up and saw four bright lights that resembled stadium lights. The lights were hovering over a bunch of trees at 12:00 AM. As we turned the corner the UFO made rapid movements and suddenly disappeared. We tried to follow and find it but it quickly disappeared. <A HREF=""NUFORC</A
CANTON -- On April 7, 2001, we were outside eating at 7:00 PM since it was so nice. We were looking up, but the stars were not out yet but something caught my eye. I pointed it out, so we all looked and saw a flying triangular ship like thing. It was flying with four or so lights spinning they were red lights! Then there was smoke like stuff near it, like from an engine. Thanks to NUFORC
WASHINGTON -- While driving north on Jefferson Street through town, my 9-year-old daughter noticed an object in the sky on March 29, 2001, during daylight hours around 3:30 in the afternoon. She said, "Dad what is that? It's really shiny." I looked and couldn't see it at first, but she continued to talk about it and soon after I spotted it too. I pulled the car over and got a very good look at it. The object was square from a frontal view, but thin from a side view. The front of the object, while square, contained 4 circular shapes within it (like 4 dinner plates placed side by side, two across, two down, to fill the square.) The front was "chrome-like" and extremely shiny. The backside of the object was black and flat with no other markings. The object was on end and slowly spinning horizontally, so that to look at it while spinning was to see the shiny side of the square, then the thin, then the black side, and so on; a pattern of thick & thins. While spinning, the object traveled north towards downtown at 125 feet, then made a turn to head west near Busch Creek. The craft's speed was varying from 10 to 25 miles an hour. The overall size estimate would be 5+ feet with the thinner side maybe 1 foot thick. We tried to follow, but it vanished.
ST.LOUIS -- On April 5, 2001, the witness and his son saw a flying object in the night sky at 9:56 PM. At first there was a very large bright oval shape light coming words them from the southeast. The light was much brighter than any airplane I had ever seen before. So, I called for my son to come and join me outside as I thought he might know what type of aircraft it was. By the time he arrived outside the craft was over our heads. Neither he nor I had any idea as to what type of aircraft it was. We live close to an airport so we see many airplanes and jets but we have never seen anything like this before. The object was very large; perhaps two or three full moons in size. There was a large bright oval shaped light in the front of the craft and several other lights forming what appeared to be a triangular shape craft. In the center of the object was a red light, none of the lights flashed. The object was very large but made a little soft humming sound. It wasn't until the object was overhead that we heard a sound. It seemed to be gray or black in color, moving rather slowly for we were able to view it for about three minutes. There was haze around it, perhaps due to the brightness of the front light. It flew over our heads heading in a N.W. direction. ((NUFORC Note: We have spoken with the two witnesses on several occasions now, and they seem to be very good observers, and they seem quite insistent that what they witnessed on this night was not an aircraft. They live not far from Lambert Field in St. Louis.
ST. LOUIS -- On April 21, 2001, I received a report from a witness. It was approximately 8:10 PM (Central) and I was looking to the northwest from Southern St. Louis. I saw a light coming from over the tops of the trees. It looked strange with three to five lights on the front of the craft. The lights were closer together than an airplane's and they were not blinking at all. It made no sound as it approached straight toward me. As it came closer and was almost overhead I saw a circular outline of the craft. It was definitely not an airplane shape. It flew directly over me, and behind the building I was in. There was never any sound, and my windows were open. The craft was flying lower than any airplane should have been, but I cannot guess the altitude. I would say it was a bit smaller than a commercial airplane, as well. The weather was cloudy and there was a mild thunderstorm approaching from the southwest. If anyone could please let us know if they happened to see this object on 4-21-01 Thanks to Nancy @
SADDLEBACK BUTTE -- Bill Hamilton wrote: My anonymous witness sent the following information concerning sightings of on March 28, 2001. These sightings are very low altitude and on the average 10 to 15 minutes in duration. The objects always come from the Edwards Air Force Base area. I noticed that before the object is observed there are a number of small Cessna type aircraft and sometimes helicopters that fly in the area, originating from the base. Then all is quiet, and after a half hour two an hour the object reappears. There is never any sound, although the sound of the aircraft or especially helicopters is always quite audible. The normal farthest southern distance traversed before returning is in the area of Saddleback Butte. The only name I have found for this butte is Blue Rock. There is a large water tank on the northern end of it. The sightings themselves have been very erratic, sometimes two a month and usually less. Due to the close proximity of Edwards, I have a hard time believing that they are not aware of this." See image drawing on at: Thanks to Bill Hamilton Director Skywatch International, Inc.
SEWARD -- J. Glen Harper, the Alaska State Director reports that on April 18, 2001, he drove to Seward to investigate reports originated from Robert Mackey ( of massive nightly sightings of black triangle shaped, battleship sized, UFO's. I talked by phone with Mackey at 9:30 PM on Tuesday, April 17. He assured me he was "seeing things" nightly. Therefore, I told him I would be in Seward between 12:00 and 1:00 AM. I drove the 125 miles from Anchorage and knocked on his door at 12:15 AM. I did not persist in knocking because I knew he had a child and a wife, presumably trying to get some sleep. I waited outside in the parking lot next to his apartment on Third Avenue. The lights were on but no one appeared to be home. I stayed there an hour looking toward the southwest, but also in all directions. I was hoping Mackey might come out. I saw no planes and no UFOs, there was nothing flying over Seward. I am a pilot and I have flown all over this area. The visibility at the surface was very good. In Alaska, that means 80 miles plus and often 200 miles visibility. There was a high haze. I could see all of the mountaintops around Seward, which range from 5 to 8000 feet. The temperature was around freezing. The stars of the major constellations were visible. I had 7X50 binoculars that zoom to 29 power, a 35 mm camera with night film, and a Sharp 8 mm video. At 1:30 PM. I drove to an all night Texaco and got coffee. I drove around the town for the next half-hour. I would see another car about every minute but I did not see anyone looking up or stargazing. I estimate that one hundred people were awake and outside that night. Seward is a town of several thousand residents with a small boat harbor with several hundred yachts and fishing boats.
At about 2:00 AM, I parked my car in an empty RV park next to the waterfront by the small boat harbor. This was a large area, several acres, away from buildings and streetlights, so that I could focus on the dark sky. I constantly scanned the sky by eye and with binoculars for the next several hours. I saw nothing move in the sky. With the binoculars on the widest setting to enhance available light, I could clearly see the mountain ridges and other major features in the dim light. I believe I would have seen any small-unlit aircraft within five miles in all directions. I saw nothing move in the sky. After that, I dozed off for the rest of the night, but awoke about every 20 minutes and had a good look for several minutes each time in all directions. I saw nothing move in the sky. It became light around 6:00 AM; I stayed in town until noon. I waited until 11:00 AM to call Mackey, because I assumed he slept late. His wife answered the phone, said she would get Robert, and then asked me to call back in five minutes. I called every ten minutes for the next hour but the phone was busy. I then drove back to Anchorage and checked my e-mail. I was forwarded a copy of an e-mail Mackey wrote last night. Mackey reports that between midnight and 1:30 AM. Quote [sic]: .."Military aircraft here tonight for the first hour kept flying back and forth across the bay, however sightings were meager the first hour then boom here it comes.... A large UFO out of the southwest moving north west another UFO smaller coming from south to north west area they met and merged in the sky together then headed west." In summary, I didn't see any of it, and I was looking. Thanks to J. Glen Harper, the Alaska State Director (glen Harper)
ANGOL -- On April 22, 2001, the newspaper Diario Au ANGOL stral de Temuco carried a story about Alien Beings written by P. Aburto and P. Santolaya. The city's scenic lookout has become an attraction to those devoted to studying close encounters of the third kind. According to researchers, on February 28 two massive balls of light were seen roaming over the hill before vanishing before the expectant eyes of twenty witnesses. On March 16, three figures standing two meters tall, with red lights on their hands and a humanoid appearance were allegedly seen by five persons at the Las Piñas Scenic Lookout. The latest developments have been kept confidential because spectators have refused to comment on their sightings. The beings were standing behind some vegetation; appeared to talk among themselves, turned around and disappeared. They had arms and legs, " said Ernesto Escobar, head of the field research team. Escobar notes that the witnesses made drawings of what they had seen and that samples were taken of the soil on which the figures had allegedly been standing. "I cannot tell you what they were. I don't know if they were ghosts or extraterrestrials, but we're interviewing and making videos," he added. It is a well-known secret that strange events have transpired at the scenic lookout and that people are increasingly visiting the spot in hopes of seeing something weird. "Everything happens at a gate with two decorative metal wheels, and that's where the creatures appear. Thanks to S. Corrales, Institute of Hispanic Ufology and Rodrigo Cuadra, Tecnologia, Ovnis y Ciencia (TOC)
This Site Served by TheHostPros