- Jamahiriya loyalists hope he's alive, not dead. Either
way, his bigger than life spirit inspires Libyans and others wanting freedom
- not terror bombing, occupation, colonization, pillaging, exploitation,
- NATO's war on Libya is one of history's great crimes.
Democratic values and truth never had a chance. Responsibility to protect
duplicity terrorized and massacred civilians like crazed assassins.
- Terror bombing continues daily. So do unspeakable rebel
rat atrocities and ravaging Libya's landscape.
- NATO is a rogue killing machine. Coalition partners are
complicit in mass murder. Obama, Clinton and those around them are war
criminals multiple times over.
- Gratuitous slaughter, mass destruction, barbarism, lawlessness,
and pillaging define their agenda. Libya was raped for profit and regional
dominance. No one anywhere should tolerate imperial lawlessness on a scale
- Jamahiriya freedom fighters won't quit until their mother
of all struggles is won. With or without Gaddafi, they'll go on or die
trying. Libya belongs to them, not NATO. Exorcising NATO's killing machine
is job one.
- On October 23, NSNBC called Gaddafi "larger than
life," believing sadly he's gone, adding:
- "Today is one of the days where I am desperately
looking for words." They can't explain the depravity of murdering
Gaddafi and his son Mutassim. It's another "outrage of the inhumanity
of a war based on the betrayal of all who believe in humanitarian principles
- Taking him, however, fuels greater than ever resistance.
Libyans want freedom. Gaddafi's spirit emboldens revolutionary passion.
- Bigger than life, he's with Lumumba, Marti, Fidel, Gandhi,
Mao, Trotsky, Lenin, Che, Allende, Marulanda, Aristide, MLK, Malcolm, Mandela,
Attaturk, Zapata, Bolivar, Frederick Douglas, and history's many other
prominent and lesser known figures.
- Unless somehow he survived, he remains only in spirit.
He wasn't found hiding underground. Nor did he beg rebel rats not to shoot
him. In Sirte, he fought openly and valiantly on the front lines with fellow
- Official reports of his capture were lies, first one
account, then another. None were believable. Nor were alleged liberation
day celebrations. Loyalists call it occupation day, a day of shame and
- Video footage showed fake images of thousands assembled
euphorically. Last summer's sham Tripoli liberation was produced weeks
earlier in Doha, Qatar. Perhaps this one as well.
- On Sunday, hundreds of rebel rats rallied. Libyan loyalists
wouldn't come out with no reason to celebrate a scourge they won't tolerate.
- Counterpsyops cited an unnamed reporter saying he "didn't
see a SINGLE local out on the streets celebrating the 'new Libya.' "
- NSNBC believes tribal leaders elected Saif Islam Gaddafi
their new leader. If he's killed, another will replace him. Loyalists have
many heros, including two or three remaining sons - Mohammed Saidi, Hannibal,
and perhaps military commander Khamis.
- Reported captured or killed several times, he turned
up alive and well. If in custody or dead now, rebel rats would display
him. No images suggests he leads his Khamis Brigade in battle.
- "Fighting in Sabah, Bani Walid, Sirte, Benghazi,
Tripoli," and other cities throughout Libya show loyalists won't quit
until free. Gaddafi's spirit in their hearts and minds won't tolerate less.
Tribal leaders want revenge. So do millions of Libyans.
- A Final Comment
- October 20 events didn't liberate Libya. It's the beginning,
not end, of protracted struggle perhaps for years.
- On October 23, Obama duplicitously "congratulated
the people of Libya on today's declaration of liberation. After four decades
of brutal dictatorship and eight months of deadly conflict, the Libyan
people can now celebrate their freedom and the beginning of a new era of
- Obama's the embodiment of evil, an inveterate liar, a
serial killer, and war criminal multiple times over. He matched the worst
of Bush and exceeded him. Libyans and free people everywhere revile him.
One day they'll have the last word.
- Liberation never comes easily or quickly. For sure, it's
worth protracted struggle to achieve, no matter the cost.
- Gaddafi was no coward or quitter. Neither are Libyans
and others throughout North Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia.
- Their liberating struggle continues. It won't end until
America's imperial scourge is vanquished, and NATO's consigned to the dustbin
of history. It's just a matter of time.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
- Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com and
listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive
Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays at 10AM US Central
time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs are archived for easy