- This articles follows another about both countries' state
terror partnership. Their agenda includes waging belligerent, political,
economic, social, and repressive wars on humanity at home and abroad.
- Money and power alone matter. Human welfare is sacrificed
for more of both. Equity, justice, freedom, and other democratic values
are non-starters. Humanity's survival is threatened.
- In recent weeks, Western and Israeli anti-Iranian rhetoric
- Attending the Cannes, France G-20 summit, Obama stressed
"the need to maintain unprecedented international pressure on Iran
to meet its obligations."
- If only America and Israel met theirs. No evidence suggests
Iran threatens anyone. Bogus accusations claim otherwise, including calling
Iran "the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism."
- In fact, Washington, Israel, Britain and France hold
that distinction, ravaging the world one country at a time. Iran hasn't
attacked another nation in over 200 years.
- NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen expressed
"no intention whatsoever" of intervening in Iran. Like Obama,
Netanyahu, Britain's Cameron and France's Sarkozy, he's notorious for serial
lying, notably on Libya.
- On November 2, London Guardian writer Nick Hopkins headlined,
"UK military steps up plans for Iran attack amid fresh nuclear fears,"
- Defense Ministry officials believe Washington "may
decide to fast-forward plans for targeted missile strikes at some key Iranian
- If so, Britain wants involvement. Perhaps Israel as well.
Comments suggest all options being considered. In preparation, UK military
planners may deploy "Royal Navy ships and submarines equipped with
Tomahawk cruise missiles over the coming months as part of what would be
an air and sea campaign."
- Acting before Iran shifts key uranium technology underground
near Qom was mentioned, as well as avoiding more conflict close to America's
- Israel claims little time remains to act, despite no
threatening evidence whatever. At issue is controlling Iran's vast oil
and gas reserves, replacing its government with a subservient Western
one, and elevating Israel closer to regional hegemony.
- In other words, imperial interests are clear, not bogus
pretexts claimed. Lies precede all conflicts. Truth is the first casualty.
Major media scoundrels partner in state crimes. Disinformation and agitprop
is their stock-in-trade. Managed news substitutes for the real thing.
- America plans unchalleged Mediterranean Basin dominance
to Russia's borders. Multiple wars rage for it. Others against Syria and
Iran may follow. Still more later on. Britain, France, and Israel may participate.
- As a result, potential general war may engulf the entire
region disastrously. Concern for their own interests may encourage Russian
and Chinese involvement to protect them. Anything ahead is possible. Hopefully,
cooler heads will prevail. Given past history, don't bet on it.
- Evidence of US State Terror
- On November 3, Press TV said Iran's Supreme National
Security Council (SNSC) Secretary Saeed Jalili "will release a number
of documents detailing US involvement in acts of terror against the Islamic
- Longstanding covert operations include cyberterrorism,
commercial and other sabotage, targeted assassinations, kidnappings, subversion,
and other regime change destabilization schemes.
- Iran's Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei said:
- "We have undeniable documents which show America
was behind the curtain of terror in Iran and the region. By presenting....100
documents, we will disgrace America in the world."
- In fact, Washington does it well on its own, exposing
itself as the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism. Its lawlessness
is unrivaled. Permanent war defines its agenda.
- So does imperial arrogance, police state oppression,
class war, political corruption, grand theft, corporate favoritism, rigged
elections, internal spying, racism, suppressing truth, targeting dissent,
and other crimes against humanity.
- November 4 marked the 32nd anniversary of America's Tehran
embassy storming. At the time, seized documents confirmed Iranian regime
change schemes. Others showed US officials were spies. It's standard US
practice virtually everywhere.
- Israel partners in America's crimes. Netanyahu's government
exceeds the worst of Ariel Sharon. Both are world class war criminals.
So are hardline cabinet ministers and complicit Knesset members.
- Three Assessments of Israel's Extremist Government
- Haaretz's November 3 editorial headlined "Israel
led by a right-wing, myopic government," saying:
- Shortly after Israel's prisoner release and Gilad Shalit's
freedom, "eight senior ministers....embark(ed) on a campaign to punish
the PA leadership."
- Efforts to "undermine Abbas' position" include
accelerating settlement construction, suspending tax revenue transfers
pending whether to stop them altogether, and revoking VIP privileges for
Palestinian officials to pass freely through military checkpoints.
- Other measures include maintaining an oppressive occupation,
stealing more land, opposing UN membership, and punishing UNESCO for admitting
Palestine by banning future Israeli missions and cutting off funding.
- UN regional envoy, Robert Serry, said "perpetuation
of the status quo will lead to the dismantling of the PA and to 'throwing
the keys back to Israel.' "
- IDF commanders expressed concern. Cabinet minister extremists
are dismissive. "Netanyahu is following the path of (Foreign Minister
Avigdor) Lieberman, who is calling for the severing of ties with the PA."
- Eliminating PA authority may let Netanyahu aggressively
expand settlements, seize all valued Judea and Summaria land, entirely
Judaize East Jerusalem, and ignore negotiating peace based on 1967 borders.
- Palestinians will respond. Conflict will intensify. The
West Bank may replicate Gaza. Netanyahu will oppressively crack down. Israel
will be further isolated, its security jeopardized.
- "If Israel had a sober and responsible, peace-seeking
leadership, it would welcome the PA's membership in UNESCO" and full
de jure UN membership. "Unfortunately, and distressingly, (it's) being
led by a right-wing, myopic government," pursuing hugely destructive
- Gideon Levy's November 3 article headlined, "Israeli
leaders' price tag against the Palestinians," saying:
- What's wrong with UNESCO admitting Palestine or granting
it UN membership? Responsible Israeli leaders would support it. "We're
talking about nothing less than a friendly step, the best way to ensure
- Instead, Israel and Washington inflict punishment. So
do complicit European states.
- "This might be (a rare example of an) occupied country
punished (for) its justified and nonviolent struggle" for freedom,
"while the violent occupier....continues its settlement enterprise
and control by force (and) wins" Western support for it. Who said
crime doesn't pay?
- "What's left for Mahmoud Abbas to do?" What
can occupied Palestinians believe? They've tried negotiations, Intifadas,
and other ways to be free. Nothing worked. They've got no one to talk
to "and nothing to talk about."
- They've tried it, but no one listens. They seek world
support, but for what in return. Promises turn out empty. Gaza's still
besieged. Brutal occupation continues. So does daily oppression. Palestinians
suffer out of sight and mind.
- Their land is stolen, their residents dispossessed. On
October 31, the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions headlined,
"No Home, No Homeland: East Jerusalem Ethnic Displacement," saying:
- Israel's East Jerusalem policy "violates international
law and may constitute a war crime." Israel willfully denies Palestinians
"adequate housing, development, and self-determination, as well as
violating the prohibition on residency revocation."
- Destroying Palestinian homes, limiting or preventing
legal building, revoking legitimate residency status, and forced migration
constitute crimes of war and against humanity. International law forbids
them. Israel's High Court ignores it. It disregards Palestinian rights.
So do Israeli leaders, especially current hardline ones.
- Levy calls them a "gang of thugs," referring
to eight senior ministers. Their "price tag" replicates extremist
settlers, terrorizing Palestinians with impunity.
- They're "violent, uncontrolled and (seek) vengeance.
So settlers, you can continue with your price tag because your country
is doing the same thing, and in broad daylight."
- Do influential world leaders care? Do any offer help?
Alone for over six decades, Palestinians struggle for freedom not so far
- They're committed no matter how long it takes. Don't
ever count them out or others wanting out from under America's imperial
- A Final Comment
- On November 2, two vessels from last summer's Freedom
Flotilla II prevented from reaching Gaza again sailed from Fethiye, Turkey.
- Called Freedom Waves to Gaza, they include the Canadian
Tahir and Irish Soairse (Freedom). On board were 27 international activists
- According to a participating Press TV correspondent,
"Israeli warplanes and naval vessels" shadowed them in international
waters. "Eight Israeli warships made radio contact," demanding
they change course.
- They refused. They didn't sail to turn back. They dedicated
their mission "to challenge Israel's ongoing criminal blockade."
- Israeli ships intercepted them. Their vessels will be
impounded, their cargo stolen, and likely their personal possessions.
- Passengers will be detained, interrogated and deported.
Israeli ruthlessness prevented vital medicines from reaching Gaza. Millions
worldwide know it.
- Activists plan many future missions until Gaza's siege
ends. They're coming, regardless of Israel's intention to block them.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
- Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com and
listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive
Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays at 10AM US Central
time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs are archived for easy