- Nothing from NATO, political capitals, puppet TNC officials,
and major media scoundrels is credible. Nonetheless, manipulated public
opinion says he's gone.
- Wikipedia has him born June 7, 1942, died October 20,
2011, saying Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi "was Libya's head
of state from 1969 when he seized power in a bloodless coup."
- Counterpsyops.com said "Gaddafi died from a bullet
wound to the head received in crossfire between (rebels/rats) and his own
supporters," according to Transitional National Council (TNC) officials.
- Nothing they say is credible so be cautious. Depend on
reports from reliable independent sources. Better still, let Gaddafi have
the last word if he's alive and shows up on Syria's Arrai TV. Imagine NATO
and Obama explaining that one - a one-off "dead man" telling
- Libya360 said "The death of the revolutionary leader
signals that the time for global revolution is now!"
- Last August, Ayesha Gaddafi said:
- "Even if my father and my brothers are martyred,
I will continue my fight against Islamic terrorists in Libya...Let the
West and their mercenaries take note; Ayesha Gaddafi will never surrender
to their conspiracy of evil."
- Neither will committed activists for peace, equity and
justice. Quitting isn't an option. Struggle will continue against monstrous
US imperialism and unindicted war criminals like Hillary Clinton laughing
about Gaddafi's reported assassination saying, "We came, we saw, he
- Sirte's genocidal slaughter may energize greater resistance.
Counterpsyops.com said streets filled with "martyred civilians"
and mass destruction defy description.
- Mass graves can't suppress a crime too great to conceal.
Depleted uranium, thermobaric fuel-air bombs, white phosphorous (able to
burn flesh to the bone), and other terror weapons were used to commit mass
- Throughout the conflict, rebel rats committed gruesome
atrocities against suspected Gaddafi loyalists, including summary executions,
lynchings, beheadings, and desecration of corpses. Led by US, UK, French
and other NATO Special Forces, they also had license to loot and took full
- Jamahiriya loyalists won't forgive or forget. Neither
will global millions raging against America's imperial monster.
- After Gaddafi's reported assassination, Jamahiriya supportive
web sites were hacked, including Algeria-ISP. Controlling the message
is why, whether or not Gaddafi's alive or dead. It hardly matters if public
opinion believes what, in fact, may be a lie.
- Leaders at times have doubles. Saddam reportedly had
12. To this day, it's not clear if he or a double was executed. Gaddafi
also had them. Was one of them killed, not him?
- These and other questions are unanswered. Reliable independent
confirmation one way or other will have final say unless a very live Gaddafi
shows up and states it.
- NATO Claims Fake Victory
- On October 22, NATO said Operation Unified Protector
will end October 31. With Libya's landscape strewn with corpses and rubble,
perhaps nothing's left to bomb even though protracted conflict continues.
- Rest assured, however, they'll target anyone believed
to be Jamahiriya loyalists. In other words, over 90% of Libyans are at
risk. They know it because they'll never quit fighting to live free again
- NATO's statement added that:
- "The Council agreed that NATO will wind down the
operation, during which period NATO will monitor the situation and retain
the capacity to respond to threats to civilians, if needed."
- In other words, terror bombing will continue, not end.
- Other Voices Speak Out
- On October 23, LibyaFreePress.com reported Saif al-Islam
Gaddafi on Syria's Arrai TV saying:
- "We continue our resistance to full revenge. I am
in Libya, alive and free."
- Days earlier, TNC officials said he was captured in Zliten.
They lied like so many previous times.
- Famed Libyan journalist Dr. Yusuf Shakeer, known for
reporting reliably, believes Gaddafi's alive, saying:
- "I've heard enough for today. Enough insults to
our intelligence by saying that the Libyans now are free. We had never
lived under siege, killed, persecuted, imprisoned and in this destruction."
- "The only death that I will celebrate will be the
one of Zionism and imperialism."
- He added that Gaddafi's alive, leading Libya's resistance.
- On air with Alex Jones, Webster Tarpley said Gaddafi's
death is "alleged," not independently confirmed. Did NATO kill
Gaddafi or a double, he asked?
- A "mass of contradictions" defines the official
story, first one account, then another. It's reminiscent of the "gang
that couldn't shoot straight" from the novel by that title.
- Whatever, in fact, happened, Tarpley envisions protracted
conflict. So do others. October 20 settled nothing. Rebel rats may decide
they backed the wrong side and fight installed puppet officials in charge
of replicating Iraq's "free market paradise" hell for Libya.
- On October 23, Algeria ISP headlined, "The video
of the convoy dui Kadhafi bombed by NATO," saying:
- "The Libyan leader and his son survived. Misrata
(rats) killed all the wounded. (Gaddafi) fought with hundreds of young
people in Sirte and most men were unaware (he) was with them."
- Gaddafi "was wounded in the legs. Do not believe
the lie saying (he was) hiding in the sewers." He already lost three
martyred sons. Another's at the front still fighting.
- On October 21, London Guardian writer Julian Borger headlined,
"ICC seeks forensic proof of death before withdrawing Gaddafi arrest
- It awaits confirmation that Gaddafi's, in fact, dead.
So do others wanting independent verifiable proof, not claims by known
- On October 22, NSNBC said "many others who discuss
the purported death of (Gaddafi) may be smelling a rat." Evidence
so far consists of reports by serial liars, "shaky videos and dubious
- They're combined with first one story, then another,
casting doubt on what may, in fact, be an elaborate hoax. It wouldn't be
the first time nor the last.
- On October 21, Mathaba.net headlined, "Qaddafi Not
- Jamahiriya loyalists bested the world's mightiest military
force for seven months, a triumph independent historians one day will recount
- Moreover, the longer conflict persists, the more legendary
Gaddafi becomes. Alive he symbolizes resistance. Dead he's bigger than
life, an inspiration for loyalists not to quit until Libya's free from
- Washington, Britain and France desperately needed something
resembling victory, even if fake, not real.
- Official accounts now proclaim Gaddafi's dead, complete
with less than convincing video footage and shifting explanations.
- "Problem is, (he's) not dead. Not only because he
was not captured and not killed....but because he already lives in the
hearts of millions."
- "Qaddafi is alive. It matter because NATO (hasn't)
won the war....It matters because" people need leaders.
- Large volunteer numbers now converge "on Libya from
around Africa....(They're) going....because of their love, appreciation
and solidarity for Qaddafi (and want to help) the 'Brother Leader.' "
- NATO destroyed Libya, but not the Great Socialist People's
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya state of the masses republic. Not its "values,
ideals, and democratic, economic and social relationships" that still
hold out against the world's mightiest force.
- In 1979, Gaddafi created direct participatory democracy,
two years after the Jamahiriya's creation. Generous economic and social
benefits followed. Why else would most Libyans support him. Today, with
few exceptions, they all do, united against NATO's scourge.
- Gaddafi himself said:
- "I am not the Libyan resistance. The Libyan resistance
is the people."
- "I am not the government of Libya. I do not hold
any official government positions. I am a revolutionary. I am outside of
power. Power rests with the Libyan people."
- "I have spoken all my words, so many times, until
I grew tired. It is all there in the pages of The Green Book."
- "I have completed my work. I gave power, wealth
and arms to the people who possess it. I am just one man among millions
- "I will never give up on Libya. I will fight to
the end. I will not run nor leave my homeland."
- "No orders are needed. Come out into the streets.
Clean the country (of) the rats until the green flag of freedom is flying
- A Final Comment
- Under Gaddafi, Libyans had Africa's highest standard
of living because oil wealth created economic growth and provided generous
- Under his Decision No. 111, everyone got free healthcare,
education, training, rehabilitation, housing assistance, disability and
old-age benefits, interest-free loans from Libya's public bank, subsidies
to study abroad, free electricity and water, generous stipends for newlyweds,
and practically free gasoline.
- All of it's now gone, replaced by impoverishment, destitution,
depravation, homelessness, hunger, disease, fear, insecurity, and despair.
- Gaddafi's Libya no longer exists. Jamahiriya loyalists
want it back. They won't quit until they get it.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
- Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com and
listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive
Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays at 10AM US Central
time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs are archived for easy