- From: Peter Davenport
- Date: October 17, 2011
- To: André Skondras
- Subject: An Estimate Of The Media Situation! ;)))
- Andre,Thank you for the link to the Glenn Beck interview
of Richard Dolan and John Hilkevitch.I watched the video, and noted that,
once again, Mr. Hilkevitch skirted the question of whence he had first
received the O'Hare story. He has done the same thing since December 2006,
when I did virtually everything in my power to get him to even look into
the case. Hence, I write, in attempt to set the record straight as to
the origin of the O'Hare sighting case.
- I suspect that the National UFO Reporting Center was
the first UFO-related organization to receive a communication about the
O'Hare sighting. Information was shared with NUFORC very shortly after
it had occurred, a communication for which I have an audio recording, including
a record of the time and date, of that telephone conversation on Tuesday,
November 07, 2006.
- Within minutes of having first learned some of the preliminary
facts about the case, I shared the case with Dr. Richard Haines of NARCAP,
who specializes in aviation-related sightings of UFOswhat his organization
prefers to label, "UAPs."
- Dr. Haines and I quickly agreed that, while we were arranging
to quietly recover hard-copy documentation about the incident, we would
initially not reveal publicly any facts about the case. In speaking with
one of the witnesses to the sighting, I had learned that internal memos,
and other written documents, had been generated in response to the sighting,
and I thought it better to have personnel attempt to secure copies of those
documents, before any "clamp down" on that information might
be applied. Given the dramatic nature of the alleged incidentnamely, the
appearance of a seemingly unauthorized, metallic-looking, disc inside Class
"B" airspaceI thought any indication that a UFO organization
had taken interest in the event would cause company or agency personnel
to attempt to conceal the facts about, or documentation of, the case.
- After copies of those documents had been secured by NUFORC,
and after a written report had been submitted to NUFORC, I contacted Dr.
Haines again and proposed that both he and I appear on the Jeff Rense Radio
Program, in order to take the case public. Dr. Haines declined interest
in making that public appearance, but I did appear on Jeff's program in
mid-November 2006, which was, I believe, the first public announcement
about the O'Hare sighting incident, some six weeks before the January 1st,
2007, article by Mr. Hilkevitch.
- When no article had appeared in the Chicago Tribune by
the first week of December 2006, I telephoned that paper's newsroom, and
inquired why they had published no article about it. Apparently, the information
I shared was passed along to Mr. Hilkevitch, who made some inquiries among
his aviation-related sources. However, he reported to me that personnel
from both United Airlines, and the FAA, had assured him that no such incident
had occurred, so he quickly lost interest.
- At that point, I secured permission from a first-hand
witness to have Mr. Hilkevitch contact him, after which Mr. Hilkevitch
changed his attitude on the incident dramatically. My long-distance telephone
bills clearly show the several calls I made to both the Chicago Tribune,
and to Mr. Hilkevitch, in late November, and early December, 2006.
- Mr. Hilkevitch did write an article for the Chicago Tribune,
which published on January 1st, 2007, and in which he did not mention the
source of his storywhich was the National UFO Reporting Center. For months,
he claimed to have "broken" the story, which he did not. It
"broke" on the home-page of the National UFO Reporting Center,
and on the Rense Radio Program, both on the same day in mid-November 2006.
- Mr. Hilkevitch apparently did later publish a retraction
about the history and origin of the case, but I note in the video you forwarded
that he still claims to have "broken" the story. That is not
an accurate statement on his part, but one which he actively has promoted
now for five years. He is misleading the public on this point, I believe.
- Please feel free to share this with your distribution
list, if it seems appropriate to do so. I believe that it is useful to
have the facts surrounding the story be set straight.
- If you would like confirmation about any of the assertions
I make above, please feel free to contact Dr. Haines, Jeff Rense, or Mr.
Hilkevitch. I would be happy to share my telephone long-distance records,
in support of everything I represent above. They should indicate long-distance
calls to Dr. Haines, Mr. Rense, the Chicago Tribune, and Mr. Hilkevitch,
in chronological order, to whom those calls were made.
- Thank you very much for your attention on the matter!
- Peter Davenport, Director
- National UFO Reporting Center
- From: André Skondras
- Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 9:58 AM
- To: stanton friedman; paola harris; firstname.lastname@example.org;
J Ritzmann; nick pope; terry hansen; john greenewald; Bruce Maccabee; ryan
wood; john hilkevitch; richard dolan; jerome clark; tom carey; philip mantle;
leslie kean; Giuliano Marinkovic; peter davenport; donald schmitt; james
carrion; john schuessler; george knapp
- Subject: An Estimate Of The Media Situation! ;)))
- ET Disclosure - News Media - Attitudes and Coverage Complete
- Essay dealing with Extraterrestrials and the News Media.