- My long time friend, Fred Elbel, immigration/population
specialist, Denver, Colorado, comments on what the United States faces
with relentless immigration. "Steering Toward Population and Immigration
Sanity" by Fred Elbel gives Americans an understanding of the calamity
facing future generations if mass immigration isn't curtailed. www.BeforeItsNews.com
- What are your thoughts Mr. Elbel on what America faces?
- "The United States is the world's highest-consuming
nation," said Elbel. "Our per capita level of consumption is
severely magnified by our large population which has now exceeded 312 million.
While we try to steer our country around financial disaster, our booming
population continues to grow as fast as many third-world countries. (Fourth
fastest growing nation in the world) Indeed, since 1945 our population
growth rate has rivaled that of India. California has been growing faster
- "Current U.S. population policy is one of deliberate
default, resulting in U.S. population growth of over 3 million people each
year. While this meets the requirements of the Chamber of Commerce, such
endless physical growth is ultimately doomed. We simply can not grow forever
within the confines of our nation's borders. As we grow now, we pave the
way for our childrens' misfortunes.
- "The good news is that American women voluntarily
achieved replacement level fertility (2.1 children per woman) in 1972.
Yet population momentum would still have driven our population
to keep growing for several decades. After that, population would have
gradually tapered back to sustainable levels. This is because it takes
a period of time equal to the average life expectancy (approximately three
generations or 73 years in the U.S.) for a reduction in fertility to be
realized as a change in actual population numbers.
- "The bad news is that we are still operating under
a government-mandated program of forced population growth. While a larger
political rudder might better steer our population policy, our population
throttle remains wide open in the form of external migration into our overcrowded
- "The reason is that the United States takes in over
one million legal immigrants into our country every year. This
is more than all other countries combined - making the US is most generous
immigration nation on the planet. Yet we also take in close to 3 million illegal
alienseach year who sneak into our country and evade apprehension at our
- "That's a lot of people for a high-consuming country
which is already depleting the resources of other nations, let alone our
own (oil is but one example). Indeed mass immigration is driving US population
to double within the lifetimes of children born today.
- "Fortunately some states are beginning to wrest
control of immigration policy back from the feckless feds who refuse to
enforce existing immigration law (like interior enforcement and securing
our borders). Earlier this month, Georgia passed HB 87 which requires
use of the federal E-Verify program to prevent employers from hiring illegal
alien labor to take jobs Americans will do. And the United States
Supreme Court just upheld Arizona's mandatory requirement for use of E-Verify.
- This astounding win for state-based interior enforcement
has moved the policy rudder significantly towards the direction of immigration
sanity - and undoubtedly has left the open borders subversives crying in
- Yet there is more to be done to re-chart our country's
demographic future. The most important steps in this direction are to:
- * Enact similar E-Verify laws in all of the states.
- * Secure the border from unarmed - and armed - invasion.
- * Eliminate the anchor baby misinterpretation
of the 14th Amendment giving citizenship to the children born to illegal
- "It is time to steer our country in the direction
of population and immigration sanity... for the sake of America's children...
of all races," said Elbel.
- Fred Elbel is an internet marketing consultant and is
spokesperson and former director of Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reformhttp://www.cairco.org
- US Population: http://www.census.gov
- Population momentum: http://www.susps.org/overview/birthrates.html
- Georgia HB 87: http://www.thedustininmansociety.org
- US Supreme Court Ruling on Arizona E-Verify: http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/10pdf/09-115.pdf
- 14th Amendment misinterpretation: http://www.14thamendment.us/birthright_citizenship/misinterpreted.html
- Number of illegal aliens in the US: See The Social Contract,
"How many illegal aliens are in the U.S.?"http://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publish/tsc_17_4/index.shtml