- What to make of them is at issue. Many questions are
unanswered. Are they similar to previous European and US post-9/11 attacks?
Was a single individual responsible or were others unnamed or not known
involved? Was it homegrown and/or outside inspired, despite what's been
- And why Norway, an unlikely target despite its NATO membership,
token participation in Afghanistan, and Libya operations it scaled back
and will end entirely by August 1. Last May, in fact, Defense Minister
Grete Faremo told Norway's Parliament that despite taking part in NATO
air attacks (dropping 289 bombs):
- "There is no military solution to the situation
in Libya. It must be solved politically."
- She added that Norway would scale back operations after
its three-month commitment ended on June 24, ahead of ending them entirely
- At the same time, Norway supports Palestinian independence,
de jure UN membership, and Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Store heads an international
aid committee for Palestine. Moreover, its parliament earlier passed initiatives
critical of Israel, and Finance Minister Kristin Halvorsen (from 2005 -
2009, now Education Minister) proposed boycotting Israeli products in 2006
though Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg disapproved.
- However, in August 2010, Norway declined to purchase
Israeli military products because of tensions between Israel and Palestine
as well as its neighbors.
- It's not known, but Friday's attack may relate to Norway's
support for Palestinian sovereignty. Perhaps it was planned and initiated
to influence its policy on granting full Palestinian UN membership in September,
and may also be part of Washington's Global War on Terror.
- Moreover, the notion of a lone bomber/gunman is very
suspect, especially one able to kill 91 people, an unprecedented nearly
impossible feat singlehanded. Were there others involved?
- These and other questions demand answers, as well as
specific bombing details, including whether what happened demanded expertise
beyond the capability of untrained people.
- Who gains and loses from every terror incident must also
be asked, certainly not suspects charged, convicted and imprisoned. Geopolitical
interests are central. This time Western and Israeli ones are key.
- On July 22, New York Times writers Elisha Mala and J.
David Goodman were in battle mode headlining, "At Least 80 Dead in
Norway Shooting," saying:
- "A lone political extremist bombed the government
center here on Friday, killing 7 people....before heading to an island
summer camp for young members of the governing Labor Party and killing
at least 80 people."
- A July 23 follow-up headlined, "Death Toll Rises
to 91 in Norway Attacks," saying:
- "The Norwegian police charged a 32-year-old man
(Anders Behring Breivik, identified as) a Christian fundamentalist with
right-wing connections, over the bombing of a government center here and
a shooting attack on a nearby island that together left at least 91 people
- Police didn't know if he was part of a greater conspiracy.
"What we do know," said police official Roger Andresen, "is
that he is right-wing and a Christian fundamentalist." Oslo police
chief of staff Johan Fredriksen said he wasn't surprised that a blond,
blue-eyed man was involved. He likely would have made a harsher statement
if a Muslim was charged, homegrown or otherwise.
- Police also said very likely the two incidents were connected.
No evidence proves it despite claims of explosives found on Utoya island
where the shootings occurred.
- An anonymous police official said that "it seems
that this is not linked to any international terrorist organizations,"
adding it's "probably more Norway's Oklahoma City than (its) World
- Reuters said Breivik belonged to Norway's Progress Party,
the second largest in Parliament, was a member from 2004 - 2006, and in
its youth party from 1997 - 2007. Progress leader Siv Jensen indicated
he left the party, wanting to disassociate it from anyone charged with
- Obama's initial reaction stoked war on terror fears,
- "It's a reminder that the entire international community
has a stake in preventing this kind of terror from occurring, and that
we have to work cooperatively together both on intelligence and in terms
of prevention of these kinds of horrible attacks," implying Islamic
involvement to justify America's imperial aggression.
- It's much too early to know or draw conclusions about
Oslo. Yesterday on Russia Today television, this writer told viewers to
be wary of official accounts, especially early ones later proved false.
Red flags were also mentioned, notably when accusations are made quickly,
naming names, followed by arrests.
- Police work takes time. Often weeks or months are needed
to solve crimes. In fact, many end up unsolved in closed case files. Quick
conclusions should make everyone wary.
- Oklahoma City's Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building Bombing
- Oklahoma City bombing.org's Kevin Caruso described it
- "On April 19, 1995, at 9:02 am local time, a massive
truck bomb exploded in front of the (building), killing 168 people (including
19 children) and injuring over 800."
- The building was heavily damaged. So were more than 300
others within a sixteen-block radius, as well as dozens of cars. The blast
was heard up to 30 miles away.
- Officials said a rented Ryder truck with around 5,000
pounds of explosives caused it. Within 90 minutes of the incident, Timothy
McVeigh was arrested on a firearms charge, spent two days in jail, then
was charged with the bombing.
- On May 10, Terry Nichols, his alleged accomplice, was
apprehended in Kansas. On June 11, 2001, McVeigh was executed. Nichols
received life in prison.
- Prosecutors claimed they timed the attack to coincide
with the second anniversary of the Waco Mount Carmel Center siege (beginning
February 28, 1993), ending in immolation on April 19. It killed 76 Branch
Davidians inside - a state terrorist attack for which no one was held accountable,
including Attorney General Janet Reno who approved the lethal assault.
- What, in fact, happened in Oklahoma City? Studies conducted
by accredited explosives experts and professional demolition contractors
concluded that only high-grade military explosives, detonators, and proper
multiple internal placements could have caused such extensive destruction.
- Elgin Air Force Base's Armament Wright Laboratory studied
the incident, concluding that no single truck bomb was involved. Led by
(Ret.) Brig. General Benton K. Partin (its former director and noted explosives
and ordnance expert), it said the ANFO truck bomb couldn't cause steel-reinforced
concrete columns to collapse. According to Partin:
- "The total incompatibility with a single truck bomb
lies in the fact that either some of the columns collapsed that should
not have collapsed or some of (them) are still standing that should have
collapsed and did not. This is a classic cover-up of immense proportions."
- "To cause the damage pattern that occurred to the
Murrah building, there would have to have been demolition charges at several
supporting column bases, at locations not accessible from the street, to
supplement the truck bomb damage. Indeed, a careful examination of photographs
showing the collapsed column bases reveal a failure mode produced by demolition
charges and not by a blast from the truck bomb."
- Additional forensic evidence showed other devices were
involved, what America's media suppressed from early reports to the present.
They supported official falsified accounts, raising suspicions about whether
McVeigh and Nichols were, in fact, innocent.
- Partin's detailed July 30, 1995 analysis can be accessed
through the following link:
- Notable Post-9/11 False Flag Attacks
- David Ray Griffin has done extraordinary work, separating
9/11 myths from reality in numerous books, articles and lectures. He and
others revealed vital truths about what really happened, completely discrediting
official lies and coverup.
- In an April 5, 2006 lecture titled, "9/11: The Myth
and the Reality," Griffin concluded saying:
- "It would seem, for many reasons, that the official
story of 9/11, which has served as a religious Myth in the intervening
years (and still does), is a myth in the pejorative sense of a story that
does not correspond to reality."
- In fact, irrefutable facts completely discredit the official
mythology, but dare claim that on corporate TV or radio and be pilloried
and forever banished.
- Others also produced important facts, including James
Fetzer, founder of Scholars for 9/11 Truth, a non-partisan association
of faculty, students, and scholars, dedicated to exposing official lies,
removing the shroud of deceit, and revealing truths behind 9/11.
- In addition, Richard Gage, founder of Architects &
Engineers for 9/11 Truth, remains "dedicated to exposing the falsehoods
and to revealing truths about the 'collapses' of the 3 World Trade Center
high-rises on September 11, 2001."
- Sadly, 9/11, a clear false flag launched a decade of
imperial wars against Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen,
likely others to come, as well as numerous proxy wars in Bahrain, Central
Africa, Haiti, Honduras, Colombia, and at home against Muslims, Latino
immigrants, and working Americas under Republican and Democrat leaders,
as well as bipartisan congressional complicity.
- It also launched a Global War on Terror (GWOT), producing
other notable false flags, including:
- The March 2004 Madrid train bombings occurred three days
before Spain's general elections. With no supportive evidence, Al Qaeda
was blamed to stoke fear about potential similar attacks in other Western
cities, including American ones.
- The July 7, 2005 London underground bombings (called
7/7) were a series of attacks on the city's public transport system during
the morning rush hour for maximum disruption and casualties. At precisely
the same time, an anti-terror drill occurred, simulating real attacks.
It was no coincidence, others in America and Britain came on the same day.
- AP reported that Israel's London embassy warned Scotland
Yard in advance, and Israeli Army Radio said:
- "Scotland Yard had intelligence warnings of the
attacks a short time before they occurred," but didn't act or issue
alerts. Moreover, Israel's then finance minister Netanyahu (now prime minister)
was told to skip a London economic conference where he was scheduled to
speak. Other officials were also warned, but not the public. As a result,
52 people died. Over 700 were injured.
- It's no exaggeration calling 7/7 a false flag operation
to heighten fear and keep Britain allied with America's imperial wars.
- On 9/11 morning, the CIA ran a "pre-planned simulation
to explore the emergency response issues that would be created if a plane
were to strike a building." Held at the Agency's Chantilly, Virginia
Reconnaissance Office, AP reported (on August 22, 2002) that it simulated
"a small corporate jet (hitting) one of the four towers....after experiencing
a mechanical failure."
- Unreported at the time was a planned Homeland Security
conference a year later, commemorating 9/11. Held under the auspices of
the National Law Enforcement and Security Institute, one of its speakers
was John Fulton, CIA Chief of the Strategic War Gaming Division of the
National Reconnaissance office in charge of the operation. Another coincidence,
or was something more sinister afoot?
- In October 2000, the Pentagon simulated a commercial
plane striking the Pentagon, coordinated by its Command Emergency Response
Team and the Defense Protective Services Police. This and the 9/11 exercises
are more than coincidental, given what's now known and the fallout.
- On June 30, 2007, a Jeep Cherokee with propane canisters
crashed into Glasgow International Airport's glass doors, the BBC reporting
that it "was in the middle of the doorway burning....The car didn't
actually explode. There were a few pops and bangs which presumably was
- The usual suspects were falsely blamed, Al Qaeda and
Islamic terrorists. Then Prime Minister Gordon Brown said:
- "We are dealing, in general term, with people who
are associated with Al Qaeda."
- The UK Telegraph reported:
- An "unknown Al Qaeda terrorist cell (was) thought
to be preparing to launch a series of Baghdad-style car bombings."
- ABC News said:
- "All of this comes just three weeks after what was
described as an Al Qaeda graduation ceremony for suicide bombers at a training
camp in Pakistan."
- Neither Brown, other officials, or media reports cited
evidence, just fear mongering accusations. The incident was another likely
false flag to maintain public support for global terror wars, including
against Islam in America, continental Europe and Britain.
- It still rages out-of-control, harming millions in war
theaters and Muslims in Western countries, falsely charged with alleged
attacks they never conceived, planned or committed.
- In Miami, on January 11, 2010 (one day before Haiti's
earthquake), the Pentagon's US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM) simulated a
hurricane striking the island in preparation for subsequent measures to
be implemented. A carefully prepared military operation, they included
occupying, controlling, and plundering the island.
- Moreover, Deputy SOUTHCOM head, General PK Keen, was
in Haiti when the quake struck, ready to assume command when it did and
use a communication tool called the Transnational Information Sharing Cooperation
project (TISC), linking other nations and NGOs with the Pentagon and US
government to facilitate measures to be implemented.
- None were to help Haitians. They've endured scandalous
depravation before, in the immediate aftermath, and 18 months after the
quake. Today, in fact, hundreds of thousands are still homeless, a Washington-rigged
election installed anti-populist Duvalierist Michel ("Sweet Micky")
president, and cholera still ravages the country unchecked, months after
it first emerged, claiming thousands of lives.
- Nonetheless, Obama officials focus only on colonizing
Haiti for profit. Perhaps they're also planning new false flags or other
official lies to justify future imperial wars, ready to launch when ordered.
- Expect them because the business of America is war, besides
grand theft transferring of maximum private and public wealth to corporate
giants and super-rich elites, leaving working households on their own and
out of luck.
- That's today's reality, what future generations can expect
unless enough public anger no longer tolerates it.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
- Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com and
listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive
Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays at 10AM US Central
time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs are archived for easy