- View it yourself!
- Images don't lie, except NATO's fake ones produced in
Doha, Qatar and perhaps elsewhere on Hollywood sound stages.
- For months, NATO marauders and rebel killers gang raped
Libya - murdering, destroying, ravaging on the pretense of protecting.
- On August 22, Obama, a duplicitous unindicted war criminal,
described the above images as "basic and joyful longing for human
- On August 25, Secretary of State Clinton, another unindicted
war criminal, said "(t)he events in Libya this week have heartened
- Let them and their conspiratorial allies go to Tripoli,
Brega, Misrata and other ravaged Libyan cities and see for themselves.
- Let them view streets filled with mangled corpses, blood,
agony on the face of the living, destruction everywhere in sight, and human
misery beyond what scales can measure.
- Let them see firsthand the fruits of their victory. Let
them taste, smell, and witness Tripoli's growing humanitarian disaster.
- On August 27, Russia Today reported "widespread
shortages of fuel, water and electricity, and humanitarian aid supplies
are yet to reach the country. The situation on the ground is very close
to a catastrophe."
- "Tripoli is now facing severe shortages of running
water, electricity, gasoline and medicine....The city's municipal services
- Destruction, garbage and maggot-infested corpses fill
streets. Communicable and other disease outbreaks may follow, including
from contaminated water, soil, and air.
- Let them imagine hidden rage and the popular will to
resist this and much more.
- Let them consider what may, in fact, unfold ahead - continued
resistance, struggle, and commitment for real freedom, not serfdom under
- Not banker occupation. Not Big Oil plundering their resources.
Not Washington, London and Paris deciding what's "best" for Libya.
- Not settling for servitude under monstrous rulers there
to destroy their life force, spirit, and will to say this won't stand!
- Not surrendering on their knees. Choosing death on their
feet instead, committed to struggle for real liberation. Willing to pay
the price because the alternative is too grim to accept, and won't be.
- Through at least August 27, independent journalists remained
trapped, virtual prisoners, inside Tripoli's Corinthia Hotel, unable to
provide real news and commentaries on this and other vital events in Tripoli
and other areas.
- Their reports are sorely missed. Hopefully efforts continue
to free them safely to return home.
- On August 26, the International Action Center headlined,
"LIBYA - Resistance to US/NATO Conquest Continues," saying:
- Despite NATO's full force and the worst kind of insurgent
banditry, "heroic resistance to imperialist conquests" continues.
- "All the corporate media (deception) claiming mass
surrender," Gaddafi fleeing, his sons arrested, and other disinformation
"turned out to be nothing but lies and psychological warfare."
- As in Iraq and Afghanistan, "arrogant(ly) declar(ing)
victory and 'mission accomplished' " won't end popular struggles continuing
in "many forms."
- Libyans "heroically withstood not only (months of
bombing), but also....racist corporate media propaganda (portraying America
and) NATO's military machine....as great white liberators."
- Now they face pillaging on a grand scale. Responsibility
to protect, in fact, disguises an opportunity to plunder, once killing
and destruction end or at least subside.
- Disaster capitalism is planned for Libya. Naomi Klein
explained it in "The Shock Doctrine," exposing the myth of free
market democracy. She revealed how neoliberal pillaging exploits security
threats, terror attacks, economic meltdowns, natural disasters, and wars.
- Ahead expect social services ended, public ones privatized,
and freedom on the chopping block to be lost. Planned is a new Western
version of Libya, replacing a socially responsible one under Gaddafi.
- It was a key reason why he was targeted for removal so
corporate predators could swoop in to pick apart Libya's corpse.
- As a result, spoils will be divvied up among them. Then
on to the next target, and ones after that until all Africa, the Middle
East and Central Asia are colonized, occupied by one means or other, and
- In fact, parasitic pillaging is Washington's idea of
free market triumphalism, including privatizing public enterprises, regulatory
freedom, tax cuts for the rich, impoverishing the rest, exploiting them,
corporate handouts, and militarized control for enforcement.
- It supports the Bilderberg notion of a global classless
society - a New World Order with rulers and serfs. No middle class, no
unions, no democracy, no equity or justice, just empowered oligarchs, freed
to do as they please under a universal legal system benefitting them.
- It's right out of Milton Friedman's play book, articulated
in his 1962 book, "Capitalism and Freedom," saying:
- "only a crisis - actual or perceived - produces
real change. When a crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on
the ideas that are lying around...our basic function (is) to develop alternatives
to existing policies (and be ready to roll them out when the) impossible
becomes the politically inevitable."
- Friedman believed that government's sole function is
"to protect our freedom from (outside) enemies (and) our fellow-citizens.
(It's to) preserve law and order (as well as) enforce private contracts,
(safeguard private property and) foster competitive markets."
- Everything else in public hands is socialism, an ideology
he called blasphemous. He said markets work best unfettered of rules, regulations,
onerous taxes, trade barriers, "entrenched interests," human
interference, and the best government is practically none.
- In other words, anything government does business does
better so let it. Ideas about democracy, social justice, and a caring society,
he believed were verboten because they interfere with free-wheeling capitalism.
- He said public wealth should be in private hands, profit
accumulation unrestrained, corporate taxes abolished, and social services
curtailed or ended. He believed "economic freedom is an end to itself
(and) an indispensable means toward (achieving) political freedom."
- Applied to Libya, neither one is possible unless popular
resistance prevents or regains what Washington and its allies plan to take,
leaving nothing but servitude for Libyans.
- That harsh reality has to be resisted, no matter what
it takes or for how long. Hopefully, Libyans are up to the task. Given
their rage against planned NATO occupation and plunder, very likely quitting
is something they don't contemplate.
- Perhaps it's the wild card Washington doesn't expect.
A previous article headlined, It Ain't Over Till It's Over. Another was
titled, Libya: Keep the Freedom Flame Alive.
- Remember John Lennon's lyrics imagining "Nothing
to kill or die for....Living life in peace, and "hop(ing) someday....the
world will live as one."
- So why not if enough in it try.
- Accomplishing tough things take a while. The impossible
takes a little longer.
- Step one is ending Friedman's version of the best of
all possible worlds, NATO, and corporate occupation of Washington.
- Achieving that would be a major step toward freeing Libyans
and perhaps finishing the job elsewhere for the kind of world everyone
- It's there for the taking with enough commitment.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
- Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com and
listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive
Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays at 10AM US Central
time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs are archived for easy