- If the patient is on aspartame get off of it. Aspartame
Disease mimics and can precipitate lupus. In cases where it just mimics
it, it usually is gone on abstinence and detoxification. In the cases
where it actually precipitated it, but the victim was warned in time and
abstained, at least in the ones I know of, they became asymptomatic.
- Here is how it happens as explained by Dr. James Bowen:
"The ability of methyl alcohol/formaldehyde to create antigenicity,
especially as combined in APM molecules is so great as to cause severe
autoimmune reactions to the tissues deformed by formaldehyde polymerization,
adduct formation. The immune system turns against the victim's tissues:
- Personally, I would worry about dangerous drugs. One
doctor told me he wouldn't even prescribe a new drug until it was on the
market for a year, and not for his family until it was on the market 5
years. I have a feeling this one was made because so many people have
lupus from aspartame. I've heard of too many victims of aspartame lupus
who weren't warned because they did not have the above information and
lost their lives. So the reason for this note is to warn all lupus victims
if they are on aspartame get off of it.
- Remember aspartame is an adjuvant, an immune stimulator,
and adjuvants all cause the same things, autism, MS, lupus, ALS, Parkinson's
and other neurological problems. Aspartame (NutraSweet, AminoSweet,
Canderel, E951, Benevia, Equal, etc.) is not an additive but an addictive,
excitoneurotoxic, carcinogenic, genetically engineered drug and adjuvant
that damages the mitochondria and interacts with drugs and vaccines.
- So, if someone reading this is on aspartame and has lupus,
the first thing they should do is get off the aspartame and see if their
- Aspartame Resource Guide
- Aspartame medical text, Aspartame Disease: An Ignored
Epidemic, www.sunsentpress.com by H. J. Roberts, M.D., over 1000 pages
He also has other books on aspartame and just published "A Manifesto
for American Medicine"
- Dr. Leonard Coldwell's Detox Formula: http://www.mpwhi.com/resources-coldwell.htm
His new book is "The Only Answer to Cancer".
- Detox formula: "What To Do If You Have Used Aspartame"
by neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D., www.wnho.net/wtdaspartame.htm
Dr. Blaylock is author of Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, www.russellblaylockmd.com
He has an excellent CD titled: "The Truth About Aspartame",
www.atavistik.com All info is on http://www.mpwhi.com/blaylock_wellness_center.htm
- Aspartame documentary: Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World,
Cori Brackett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Aspartame Information List, you can subscribe on www.mpwhi.com
scroll down to banners.
- How to get aspartame out of your state: http://www.thenhf.com/press_releases/pr_24_feb_2009.html
- Information on how aspartame blinds: http://www.mpwhi.com/nfb_aspartame_and_vision.htm
- Safe Sweetener: Just Like Sugar, www.justlikesugarinc.om
Can be found in places like Whole Foods. Made of chicory and orange
peel, Calcium and Vitamin C. Chicory has been used for 70 years to improve
the health of diabetics. Dr. Russell Blaylock wrote in his newsletter,
The Blaylock Wellness Report, www.russellblaylockmd.com "Finally
a safe sweetener".
- Special warning for diabetics: Aspartame can precipitate
diabetes, simulates and aggravates diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy,
destroys the optic nerve, causes diabetics to go into convulsions, and
even interacts with insulin. The free methyl alcohol causes diabetics
to lose limbs. Jeanette Soto, Mission Possible Brookville, Fla, who wrote
"Blinded Sight" when her husband lost his sight from aspartame
was unable to get her father-in-law, diabetic off aspartame because of
the addiction. The free methyl alcohol is classified as a narcotic. It
causes chronic methanol poisoning which affects the dopamine system of
the brain and causes the addiction. When Jeanette's father-in-law, Santiago
Echiverria died it had to be a closed casket, the formaldehyde from the
free methyl alcohol was oozing out of his skin. The American Diabetes
Assn was sued in 2004 for racketeering for pushing aspartame on diabetics,
but because of their power got out of it.
- Today people are dying of the methanol poisoning. Dr.
James Bowen explains:
- "Only after longer aspartame usage does liver
damage cause blood methanol levels to measurably rise because the liver
mitochondria are so damaged that the liver no longer quickly processes
either methyl or ethyl (drink) alcohol. Then the acute methanol poisoning
is directly measurable from lab results, as the blood methanol level elevates.
This entire sequence or "toxic axis" begins with your very first
dose of aspartame. Both acute and chronic poisonings from this methanol
toxic axis, and other additive and synergistic aspartame poisonings, steadily
accumulate in the aspartame consumer." We continue to get reports
of people dying of methanol poisoning. Charles Fleming died and his wife,
a Sunday School teacher, remains in a prison in Virginia. The detective
on the case said, "Diane is innocent but because I was promoted I
could not stop the indictment." Be warned no diabetic should ever
consume wood alcohol. The FDA did no NOAEL on methanol. Without it you
cannot set an ADI, allowable daily intake. It's 44% too high.
- Aspartame Warning Flyer for distribution: http://www.mpwhi.com/warning_flyer_on_aspartame.htm
- The Lethal Science of Splenda: http://www.wnho.net/splenda_chlorocarbon.htm
- Studies have shown that sucralose can:
- * Cause the thymus to shrink by as much as 40% (the
thymus is your immune powerhouse - it produces T cells)
- * Cause enlargement of the liver and kidneys
- * Reduce growth rate as much as 20%
- * Cause enlargement of the large bowel area
- * Reduce the amount of good bacteria in the intestines
- * Increase the pH level in the intestines (a risk factor
for colon cancer)
- * Contribute to weight gain
- * Cause aborted pregnancy low fetal body weight
- * Reduce red blood cell count
- Particular warning to diabetics: Researchers found that
diabetic patients using sucralose showed a statistically significant increase
in glycosylated hemoglobin, a marker that is used to assess glycemic control
in diabetic patients. According to the FDA, "increases in glycosolation
in hemoglobin imply lessening of control of diabetes."
- Here is how Splenda is made: http://www.wnho.net/chemical_processing_of_splenda.htm
- Ajinomoto just announced a new name for aspartame called
AminoSweet. Be warned.
- Web sites: www.mpwhi.com, www.dorway.com and www.wnho.net
- Aspartame Toxicity Center, www.holisticmed.com/aspartame
- Also, you may be interested in the history of aspartame
just reported for Prop 65:
- Cynthia Oshita
- Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment
- Proposition 65 Implementation
- P.O. Box 4010 1001 I Street, 19th floor
- Sacramento, California 95812-4010
- FAX (916) 323-8803
- Dear Ms. Oshita:
- In reading available information, I assume you want mostly
how aspartame relates to cancer. Indeed it is a carcinogen, proven so
by many scientific studies. Aspartame also triggers many other serious
diseases which fill the 1,000+ page medical text, Aspartame Disease: An
Ignored Epidemic, www.sunsentpress.com by H. J. Roberts, M.D.
- When FDA Commissioner Dr. Von Eschenbach took office
I wrote him about aspartame and cancer, mainly due to his professed intention
to save cancer victims; so much of this has already been done. http://www.mpwhi.com/project_recall_aspartame.htm
Later 12 toxicologists asked the FDA to ban aspartame because of the long
term Ramazzini studies on large rat populations showing aspartame is "a
multipotential carcinogen". http://www.cspinet.org/new/pdf/aspartame_letter_to_fda.pdf
- Now I'll go back to the beginning.
- Aspartame was not approved by science but thru the political
chicanery of Don Rumsfeld. D.C. Attorney James Turner, explains how Rumsfeld
did it in the documentary Sweet Misery, a Poisoned World. Here's a clip
from the movie so you can hear what he said: http://www.soundandfury.tv/pages/rumsfeld2.html
- Searle's problem was they couldn't get studies to show
safety. For example, in the Bressler Report: http://www.mpwhi.com/aspartame_news.htm
you read where they would excise brain tumors from the rats, put them back
in the study and after they died resurrected them back on paper. They even
filtered out neoplasms to hide them from the FDA. Repeatedly Searle was
caught in this criminal activity.
- On January 10, 1977 in a 33 page letter, FDA Chief Counsel
Richard Merrill recommended to the Justice Department Attorney Sam Skinner
that a grand jury investigate Searle for "apparent violations of the
Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, 21 USC 331 (e), and the False Reports
to the Government Act, 18 U.S.C. 1001, for "their willful and knowing
failure to make reports to the Food and Drug Administration required by
the Act, 21 U.S.C 355 (i) and making false statements in reports of animal
studies conducted to establish the safety of aspartame." The FDA called
special attention to studies investigating the effect of NutraSweet on
monkeys and hamsters.
- Searle was caught dead to rights, so they hired Skinner,
made him a deal he couldn't refuse. So the former Justice Department prosecutor
became a defender. Next at bat - U. S. Prosecutor William Conlon,
promptly switched sides too. By then the statute of limitations had expired.
Searle knew they couldn't win the case so they simply hired the prosecutors.
The Godfather hired the District Attorneys!
- Nevertheless the FDA had no intention of approving aspartame.
The fraud was so great that Dr. John Olney (who with James Turner fought
against approval of aspartame ) told Searle to do studies in his lab so
he could see that they were done honestly, with supervision. Dr. Olney
believed the FDA wouldn't approve aspartame because the studies showed
it produced brain damaged. What he didn't anticipate is that Searle didn't
submit these findings to the FDA.
- January 30, 1980 the Public Board of Inquiry revoked
Searle's petition for approval declaring that they had "not been presented
with proof of reasonable certainty that aspartame is safe for use as a
food additive." Searle had spent $17 million on an aspartame factory
and had no intention of giving up, poison or no. At this point they hired
Donald Rumsfeld who said he would call in his markers and get it approved
- What were those markers? President Reagan had told Rumsfeld
he would be nominated for vice president, but instead selected Bush number
- The day after Reagan took office he appointed Dr. Arthur
Hull Hayes as the new FDA Commissioner, to over-rule the Board of Inquiry.
Reagan knew it would take 30 days to get Hayes to the FDA , so he wrote
an Executive Order making the FDA powerless to do anything about aspartame.
At 3 AM that night a member of Reagan's staff called the FDA Commissioner
Jere Goyan and fired him. Here is a letter from his wife who was there
when the terminating call came in: http://www.mpwhi.com/letter_about_jere_goyan.pdf
- Once aspartame was on the market there was outrage as
consumers were diagnosed with seizures, multiple sclerosis and blindness
from the free methyl alcohol releases. Senator Orrin Hatch, on Monsanto's
payroll, obstructed hearings on aspartame for years, but there were 3 Congressional
hearings from 1985 to l987. Hatch was on Monsanto's payroll, and kept
the bill in committee that would put a moratorium on aspartame until NIH
completed independent studies on the flood of aspartame problems they were
seeing: seizures, blindness, headaches, sexual dysfunction, behavioral
problems, especially in children, drug interactions and birth defects.
- About that time Dr. James Bowen wrote FDA that "aspartame
is mass poisoning of the American public and 70 countries" - today
over 100. http://www.dorway.com/drbowen.txt The good doctor wrote: "For
this reason, I am opposed to labeling aspartame content of food and drinks.
To do so would imply that the government is taking some sort of responsible
action....when the only responsible action would be to immediately take
aspartame off the market, fully disclose its toxicities, offer full compensation
to the injured, public and criminally prosecute anyone who participated
in the fraudulent placement of aspartame on the marketplace."
- How was the new FDA Commissioner, Arthur Hayes, get
rewarded for over-ruling the Board of Inquiry? He was hired as a consultant
to NutraSweet's PR Agency on a 10-year contract at $1,000.00 a day, and
nobody's heard a peep from him since, he got lockjaw. Who ever heard of
a PR guy who won't talk?
- Now they began funding professional organizations ladies-of-the-evening
like the American Diabetes Assn, American Dietetic Assn and numerous others
to propagandize the public with touting asparshame. Of course they also
threatened scientists whose studies identified the toxicity of this poison.
In the UPI Investigation Dr. Wurtman was threatened if he did studies on
aspartame and seizures he would lose his funding. He capitulated. Read
this report on the 8 month investigation by United Press International:
http://www.mpwhi.com/upi_1987_aspartame_report.pdf Dr. Wurtman, too,
got a terrible case of aspartame lockjaw, but MIT still gets the money.
- ILSI, the International Life Sciences Institute, was
born in 1978 as a "research" front for our favorite poisoners.
It's board members are from Coke, Pepsi, Searle, Monsanto and the rest
of the usual suspects. If a university won't play their way the get no
pay, that is to say, funding for fake "research".
- Over the years many independent studies have been done.
The manufacturers say 200 studies that aspartame is safe as rain. Some
of those were the ones FDA found fraudulent and sought prosecution for,
and others were simply bought and paid for quack studies from rubber duck
- Consider seizure studies by Monsanto, they bought Searle
in l985: http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/abuse/seizures.html Seizures
are listed 5 times on the FDA report of 92 symptoms that range from male
sexual dysfunction to death: http://www.mpwhi.com/92_aspartame_symptoms.pdf
People are having so many seizures and going blind on aspartame that the
Community Nutrition Institute filed a petition to ban aspartame in l986.
Again the manufacturers put in the fix to prevent it from being banned.
- They were so worried someone would have a seizure they
actually gave people anti-seizure medication in the Rowan study. '
- Another impeccable "study" involved one-day
consumption of, believe it or not: a single capsule of aspartame. Tantamount
to smelling the bottle. The got it peer reviewed with their power. So
when consumers complain of seizures they say "we did studies and aspartame
doesn't cause seizures".
- I smoked a Lucky once and I'm fine,
so nicotine doesn't cause cancer!
- They have all bases covered. Today front groups like
Calorie Control Council, with full knowledge that aspartame causes birth
defects and mental retardation actually push the poison: http://www.wnho.net/mh_aspartame_letter.htm
- When 60 Minutes did a story about aspartame and brain
tumors the manufactures claimed to have all these studies showing safety.
Dr. Ralph Walton who was on the show decided to research who funded the
"studies": http://www.dorway.com/peerrev.html Note that 92%
of independent peer-reviewed studies show problems aspartame causes, while
those funded or controlled by industry all say it's safe. If you eliminate
6 studies the FDA, aspartame's branch office in Washington, messed with,
and one pro-aspartame sponsored summary, 100% of independent scientific
peer reviewed studies show aspartame problems.
- As Dr. Bowen said: this is mass poisoning of the world.
Aspartame destroys the brain, the optic nerve, the immune system and central
nervous system. It devastates every organ of the body. Epidemic obesity,
diabetes, sexual dysfunction, retinopathy and neuropathy, optic nerve destruction,
convulsions and insulin reactions, MS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, IQ depreciation
and dozens of other afflictions have been inflicted upon us by this deadly
neurotoxic carcinogenic "sweetener".
- According to the prestigious Ecologist, aspartame was
listed with the pentagon in an inventory of prospective biochemical warfare
weapons submitted to Congress. http://www.mpwhi.com/ecologist_september_2005.pdf
- Studies show the horrific damage done to the body. For
instance, the Trocho Study shows the formaldehyde converted from the free
methyl alcohol actually embalms tissue and damages DNA. www.mpwhi.com/formaldehyde_from_aspartame.pdf
- Here are summaries of the two aspartame studies, Ramazzini,
that showed aspartame to be a multipotential carcinogen, passed down through
- DR. MORANDO SOFFRITTI, lead researcher on two groundbreaking
long-term aspartame studies. He was recently honored at New York's Mt Sinai
School of Medicine with the Irving J Selikoff Award For his outstanding
contributions to the identification of environmental and industrial carcinogens
and his promotion of independent scientific research. Reviewing his two
impeccable aspartame studies. Dr. Soffritti explains:
- The first ERF study (2005) was conducted on 1800 Sprague-Dawley
rats (100-150/per sex/per group) In order to simulate daily human intake,
aspartame was added to the standard rat diet in quantities of 5000, 2500,
100, 500, 20, 4, and 0 mg/Kg of body weight. Treatment of the animals began
at 8 weeks of age and continued until spontaneous death. The results show
that APM causes a statistically significant, dose-related increase of lymphomas/leukemias
and malignant tumors of the renal pelvis in females and malignant tumors
of peripheral nerves in males. These results demonstrate for the first
time that APM is a carcinogenic agent, capable of inducing malignancies
at various dose levels, including those lower than the current acceptable
daily intake (ADI) for humans (50 mg/kg of body weight in the US, 40 mg/kg
of body weight in the EU).
- The second ERF study (2007) was conducted on 400 Sprague-Dawley
rats (70-95/per sex/per group). In order to simulate daily human intake,
aspartame was added to the standard rat diet in quantities of 100, 20,
and 0 mg/Kg of body weight. Treatment of the animals began on the 12th
day of fetal life until natural death. The results of the second study
show an increased incidence of lymphomas/leukemias in female rats with
respect to the first study. Moreover, the study shows that when lifespan
exposure to APM begins during fetal life, the age at which lymphomas/leukemias
develop in females is anticipated. For the first time, a statistically
significant increase in mammary cancers in females was also observed in
the second study. The results of this transplacental carcinogenicity bioassay
not only confirm, but also reinforce the first experimental demonstration
of APMs multipotential carcinogenicity.
- Over six years ago I petitioned the FDA to ban aspartame.
The FDA has 180 days to answer it. They refuse, obviously because I'm
using their own words, and they don't know how to get around the fact that
everything is a matter of record. If it wasn't so criminal one would
have to laugh at their propaganda - the idea that someone might even consider
believing them. For instance, they will tell you there is just a small
amount of methanol, and there is more in oranges. What they don't say
is that in oranges that it is accompanied by ethanol which is the classic
antidote for methanol toxicity and takes it out of your body safely. Here
is a peer reviewed journal article about it. http://www.mpwhi.com/aspartame_methanol_and_public_health.pdf
Methanol also binds to pectin. In aspartame there is no ethanol. Here
is their basic propaganda answered with references: http://dorway.com/dorwblog/?page_id=606
- A detox formula for aspartame victims endorsed by Dr.
Russell Blaylock, Neurosurgeon: www.wnho.net.wtdaspartame.htm Available
are his excellent books and a CD :"The Truth About Aspartame"
- There are efforts now in states and countries to rid
the planet of aspartame. It is genetically engineered. The manufacturers
are get people in high places addicted. When I testified to the Senate
in New Mexico, half the senators were sipping Diet Coke. Presidents Clinton
and Bush were addicted. Methanol is classified as a narcotic, it causes
chronic methanol poisoning. This effects the dopamine system of the brain
- I've lectured in other countries and I can tell you
people are sick and dying the world over on this poison. It would be great
to see it banned from California. First of all its illegally on the market
because it violates the Delaney Amendment. Here are comments from an FDA
toxicologist, Dr. Adrian Gross, to Congress on 8/1/85:
- Dr. Gross testified that at least one of Searle's studies
"has established beyond ANY REASONABLE DOUBT that aspartame is capable
of inducing brain tumors in experimental animals and that this predisposition
of it is of extremely high significance. ... In view of these indications
that the cancer causing potential of aspartame is a matter that had been
established WAY BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT, one can ask: What is the reason
for the apparent refusal by the FDA to invoke for this food additive the
so-called Delaney Amendment to the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act?"
- The Delaney Amendment makes it illegal to allow any residues
of cancer causing chemicals in foods. In his concluding testimony Gross
asked, "Given the cancer causing potential of aspartame how would
the FDA justify its position that it views a certain amount of aspartame
as constituting an allowable daily intake or 'safe' level of it? Is that
position in effect not equivalent to setting a 'tolerance' for this food
additive and thus a violation of that law? And if the FDA itself elects
to violate the law, who is left to protect the health of the public?"
Congressional Record SID835:131 (August 1, l985)
- Here is my letter to the Assembly Committee on Health
which exposes the fact that it's adulterated: http://www.mpwhi.com/letter_to_a_n_kim_california_ach.htm
The adulteration means it violates interstate commerce laws.
- Consumer power is winning the war against this toxin.
Holland Sweetener, the largest European aspartame producer closed in 2006.
Another European maker also quit. In Japan Tosh stopped making it as well.
Merisant, in the USA went bankrupt for $230,000,000 in January, 2009.
47 members of Parliament signed for a ban in the UK. There is continuing
effort to get banned in the Philippines. Romania banned it in the early
90's because it's carcinogenic. And now the European Food Safety Authority
is doing a review.
- Today no drug is safe if the consumer is using aspartame
because of the interaction due to damage to the mitochondria. It's used
in hospitals because of the dietitians making patients even sicker.
- The Nutratanic hit the iceberg and Coke & Pepsi are
in the lifeboats with new sweeteners in the works. Japan's Ajinomoto and
the USA NutraSweet Co are still slapping around in the frigid waters of
consumer condemnation. http://www.wnho.net/recipe_for_death.htm
- If I can provide further data I'll gladly do so. There
is no way to show safety on aspartame with honest, unbiased studies. Eliminate
industry studies to defend its product and you'll see how deadly is this
toxin. Dr. Bill Deagle said its more deadly than depleted uranium because
its ubiquitous in our food.
- Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum, Founder
- Mission Possible International (warning the world off
- 9270 River Club Parkway
- Duluth, Georgia 30097
- 770 242-2599
- www.mpwhi.com, www.dorway.com and www.wnho.net
- Aspartame Toxicity Center, www.holisticmed.com/aspartame
- Aspartame Information List, www.mpwhi.com scroll down
- At 05:53 PM 8/10/2011, paul wrote:
- Practical magic
- By Jenny Thompson
- "11 hours until my veins are infused with MAGIC!"
- When Kat posted that as her Facebook status, I was torn
between being so happy for a friend, and cringing over what she was about
to put herself through.
- At only 28, Kat suffers from lupus. It's a chronic disease
that misguides the immune system, prompting attacks on healthy tissues
and organs. This increases risk of heart disease and cancer, while causing
symptoms that include extreme fatigue, skin rashes, and painful joints.
- And when I say Kat suffers from it, I don't just mean
the pain and the fear. She's an artist. And some days the disease is so
debilitating she can't make the simplest movements. As she said, when your
brain is so much stronger and more passionate than your body, it's like
living in your own private hell.
- But in reality, not being able to create her art is not
the greatest threat she faces...not by a long shot. Lupus is sometimes
fatal, and it can't be cured, only managed.
- So the idea of a magical treatment for lupus is seductive.
But this might just be a little bit of black magic.
- As a friend, I've wanted to warn her but, at the same
time, I know she doesn't want to hear it. So while I am biting my tongue
with Kat, I wanted to make sure you know the real dangers of this "magical"
- Complications piled on complications
- Benlysta is the first drug approved by the FDA to treat
lupus in more than 55 years. So it's no wonder that patients like Kat are
pinning high hopes on its success.
- But when Benlysta was approved last March, Michele Cagan
sent out a Code Red warning to HSI members.
- The problem: According to the FDA, Benlysta research
"suggested, but did not definitively establish" that the drug
might reduce severe flare-ups of lupus symptoms.
- But more troubling was a higher rate of serious infections
and death in patients taking Benlysta compared to those taking a placebo.
- Now, you might think if I were a friend, I would warn
Kat about these critical details. But along with her optimistic facebook
posting, she actually included a link to the FDA announcement that made
those dangers very clear.
- I suppose when you have such an overwhelming disease,
a little magical thinking can overcome fears of potential side effects.
Or maybe she's so frustrated she thinks the risk is worth it.
- Before Benlysta appeared on the scene, lupus was commonly
treated with immune system suppressants, malaria medications and steroids.
In some cases these treatments decrease inflammation and address specific
symptoms of lupus, but the side effects of the drugs can sometimes complicate
the condition rather than relieve it.
- So I genuinely hope Benlysta is a huge success for Kat.
But if it isn't as magical as we hope, there is a solid, safe alternative.
- A few years ago, Northern Ireland researchers at the
University of Ulster conducted a study that tested fish oil, rich in omega-3
fatty acids, on more than 50 lupus patients.
- After 24 weeks, researchers found a significant decline
in disease measurements for those taking fish oil compared to placebo.
Fish oil helped relieve fatigue, inflammation, skin rashes, and neurological
problems. And all of that added up to improved quality of life -- especially
for those who were able to reduce their steroid use.
- Adverse side effects: zero.
- Lupus mostly affects women, and most of them have a family
history of this mysterious disease. If you have a friend or family member
with Lupus, let them know that their options are certainly not limited
to FDA-approved "magic" drugs.
- But my fingers are crossed for Kat.