- On July 3, Peter Dale Scott told Progressive Radio News
Hour listeners what he fears most. He repeated it in a July 4 email, citing
a Paul Joseph Watson Infowars.com article, accessed through the following
- Using information from DEBKAfile, a Jerusalem-based intelligence
site with close Mossad ties (providing commentary and analysis on regional
terrorism, intelligence, security, military and political affairs), he
discussed a frightening prospect. More on it below.
- Founded in June 2000, DEBKA calls itself independent,
"pioneer(ing) intensive news coverage and analysis of global (Islamic,
not Israeli, US, or other Western) terror before it hits" front pages.
- Calling its reports "not infallible," Scott
said its information deserves attention because some past predictions proved
true. Specifically, he cited their June 25, 2003 story that "The Americans
are secretly building two giant intelligence facilities in Iraq at a cost
of some half a billion dollars."
- Doing so and more makes it "seem that America is
now indeed acting as recklessly and idiotically as Britain and France did
in the (1956) Suez crisis...."
- On air and in his email, Scott wondered whether "Washington
failed to take into account the reaction of Russia and China (the way Britain
in 1956 insanely" didn't bank on America's response at the time).
"Or is (America) counting on its (nuclear superiority) to deal with
any problems in that area."
- Disturbingly, top US officials include extremists who
think brute force solutions work best, even high risk ones like nuclear
war or simultaneously waging too many conventional ones.
- Scott told Progressive Radio News Hour listeners that
he's warned for months about Libya being a flashpoint for escalated general
war, similar to how WW I began.
- Global Research founder/editor Michel Chossudovsky has
similar concerns, including in his new E-book titled, "Towards a World
War III Scenario," calling today's world "at a critical crossroads."
- Citing two major incidents, Japan's Fukushima disaster
and imperial war on Libya, he called "(t)hese two seemingly unrelated
events....of crucial importance in understanding both the nuclear issue
as well as the ongoing US-NATO sponsored war."
- Fukushima's implications and fallout go largely unexplained.
In fact, except for occasional misreporting, America's media now entirely
ignore them, including warnings from Helen Caldicott and others that every
commercial reactor is a ticking time bomb "atomic bomb factory."
- Moreover, Chossudovsky said "(n)uclear energy is
not a civilian economic activity. It is an appendage of the nuclear weapons
industry which is controlled by the so-called defense contractors."
- In fact, secret "atomic-bomb research facilities
(are) hidden inside Japan's civilian nuclear power plants," and perhaps
also in America's.
- It may not have been coincidence that Libya's war was
launched within days of Fukushima's disaster. It's now dramatically escalated
as part of America's broader Middle East/North Africa/Central Asia conflict,
encroaching recklessly close to China and Russia's borders. Their concerns,
in fact, may trigger counter-responses that could dangerously spin things
out of control.
- In fact, the war Obama won't call war potentially could
trigger a "World War III scenario." It worries Chossudovsky,
Scott and others enough to highlight it on air and in print. It's repeated
in this article, citing another recent one discussing Barbara Tuchman's
1962 book, "The Guns of August," on how WW I began and its early
- Once started, it escalated out of control disastrously,
involving dozens of countries directly and indirectly. Moreover, before
it ended, over 20 million died, at least that many more were wounded, and
a generation of young men were erased before nuclear and today's other
mass destruction weapons and technologies existed.
- Over a half century ago, it worried Einstein enough to
- "I know not with what weapons World War III will
be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
if civilizations survive to do it.
- Given the possibility of Libya triggering escalated general
or global war, that scenario today is real, especially in light of a "1996
plan to bomb Libya using tactical nuclear weapons." It was shelved
at that time, but never eliminated as a possibility against any nation.
- In fact, the Bush administration claimed the preemptive
right to use nuclear weapons, including against non-nuclear states, based
on alleged national security concerns. Obama recklessly maintains the same
policy even though America hasn't had an enemy since Japan surrendered
in August 1945.
- Nonetheless, the prospect of escalating war with nuclear
or other mass destruction weapons suggests frightening possibilities, including
a potential WW III scenario. It's no less implausible now than WW I seemed
in early 1914.
- Worry most perhaps about what's least expected, especially
to refocus angry millions (suffering from global economic crisis misery)
on something greater. It's worked many times before, notably post-9/11,
escalating one war into multiple ones and counting.
- Given America's out-of-control belligerence, perhaps
ad infinitum wars will proliferate until America destroys planet earth
to liberate it in a mushroom-shaped cloud. It's possible given alarming
reports like Watson's July 4 Infowars one linked above.
- On June 15, Infowars contributor Aaron Dykes named sources
he called reliable, saying 30,000 US troops will invade Libya by October.
Moreover, additional Special Forces are coming this month (besides those
covertly there for months) in preparation for a ground war Obama "absolutely"
promised was ruled out.
- Read more through the following link:
- On July 2, DEBKA headlined, "US and NATO prepare
final assault on Qaddafi. He threatens terror," saying:
- Military sources report "last stage" NATO planning
nears completion for an imminent Libya ground offensive. "It is expected
to start in a couple of weeks with French and British troop landings....to
be followed in its last stages by American forces."
- Despite Obama claiming "American forces are playing
only a limited support role in the NATO operation," it's well known
that "US Air Force and Navy aircraft are still flying hundreds of
strike missions over Libya." America's media won't report it or anything
truthful about Gaddafi and Washington's imperial intentions.
- Gaddafi himself called France admitting it's supplying
weapons to mercenaries "the final act in the scenario" against
him ahead of NATO invaders to finish the job.
- Moreover, multiple sources (including Press TV, London-based
Palestine Telegraph, and McClatchy News) report Libya's government saying
two Qatari vessels were seized, carrying weapons for insurgents in violation
of Security Council Resolution 1970, prohibiting supplying them to either
- Included were Belgian-made FN assault rifles and UK-produced
ammunitions. One of many dirty secrets is that Qatar, other regional states,
and Western ones began supplying rebels before fighting began last winter
for a campaign to oust Gaddafi that was planned months or perhaps years
- If DEBKA is right, invading Libya may be the coup de
grace to do it. At the same time, its report contains considerable anti-Gaddafi
disinformation, including misquoting him saying he'll attack Europe as
well as falsely blaming him for downing Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland
- Clear evidence showed he and convicted victim Abdel Basset
Ali al-Megrahi had nothing to do with it. In fact, Scottish judges knew
Megrahi was innocent, saying so in their final opinion. In addition, the
Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission's investigation uncovered multiple
reasons to believe his conviction was a gross miscarriage of justice, including
no credible evidence of his involvement.
- No witnesses, video, documentation, fingerprints or other
corroboration linked him to the bomb inside a suitcase downing the plane.
Even the court admitted:
- "The absence of any explanation of the method by
which the primary suitcase might have been placed on board KM180 (Air Malta
to Frankfort) is a major difficulty'" in the case.
- Moreover, Gaddafi never admitted fault, saying only that
Libya would take responsibility for the crime, solely to have international
sanctions against him lifted. Nonetheless, he stands accused to this day,
besides numerous other unfounded charges, including genocide as justification
for removing him.
- When Washington wages war, only conquest, colonization,
pillaging, and domination matter - never truth, rule of law standards or
democratic values. Iraqis understand. So do Afghans, Pakistanis, Somalis,
Yemenis, Palestinians, and now Libyans.
- Americans are the last to catch on. Too often, in fact,
they never do or realize one sitting government is as lawless as others.
It's true as well as a failed state's rotting stench permeating everywhere
across the world, planning perhaps to blow it up to save it.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
- Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com and
listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive
Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays at 10AM US Central
time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs are archived for easy