- Wikipedia defines false or black flags as "covert
operations designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations
appear as though they are being carried out by other entities."
- They're "big lies," defined by Merriam-Webster
as "deliberate gross distortion(s) of the truth used especially as
a propaganda tactic."
- America's decade from September 11, 2001 to May 1, 2011
was punctuated by the (big) lie of our time and (big) lie of the moment.
- Put another way, the official stories are falsified,
myths, widely believed fantasies contrary to reality.
- In his exhaustive research and writings, David Ray Griffin
provided convincing evidence that 9/11 was an inside job and that bin Laden
died of natural causes in mid-December 2001.
- The former spawned a decade of overt and covert "war
on terror" lawlessness at home and abroad. Policies and events following
the second have yet to unfold, but expect little at best to be positive.
- Past US false flags provided pretexts for militarism,
wars, occupations, domestic repression, and national security state extremism,
antithetical to democratically free and open societies. Allegedly removing
America's "Enemy Number One," in fact, may intensify, not diminish,
Washington's scheme for unchallengeable global dominance. More on him below.
- With or without bin Laden, bogymen threats are plentiful.
Since WW II alone, America's had numerous ones, including communists, Al
Qaeda, WMDs, the Taliban, Gaddafi, and a host others yet unnamed, as well
as numerous "foiled" domestic ones.
- Among others, they include:
- -- a fake shoe bomber;
- -- fake underwear bomber;
- -- fake Times Square bomber;
- -- an earlier one there;
- -- fake shampoo bombers;
- -- fake Al Qaeda woman planning fake mass casualty attacks
on New York landmarks;
- -- fake Oregon bomber;
- -- fake armed forces recruiting station bomber;
- -- fake synagogue bombers;
- -- fake Chicago Sears Tower bombers;
- -- fake FBI and other building bombers;
- -- fake National Guard, Fort Dix and Quantico marine
- -- fake 9/11 bombers; and
- -- others to enlist public support for the fake war on
terror and very real ones it spawned.
- America, Pakistan, Bin Laden, Official Lies, and Misreporting
- On May 5, New York Times writer Elisabeth Bumiller headlined,
"Pentagon Breaks Silence on Pakistani Role," saying:
- A "top Pentagon official said....Pakistan would
have to work hard to rebuild relations with the United States Congress,"
including a commitment "to fighting terrorism...."
- It suggests what some analysts suspect: namely, planned
destabilization, confrontation, and balkanization for greater Eurasian
control, as well as future terrorist false flags.
- On May 5, Times writers Mark Mazzetti and Scott Shane
headlined, "Data Show Bin Laden Plots; CIA Hid Near Raided House,"
- Alleged "computer files and documents seized at
the compound where Osama bin Laden was killed," reveal "considered
attacks on American railroads, (but) there was no evidence of a specific
- Perhaps no files and documents either. For sure, no bin
- Nonetheless, "(s)ince Sunday night, counterterrorism
officials have been alert to (possible) new attacks from Al Qaeda to avenge
its leader's death," especially at airports, rail facilities, and
other strategic locations. "American officials and terrorism experts
have warned that this is not the end of Al Qaeda," not, of course,
if they're blamed for planned false flags to intensify US imperial wars.
- Another May 5 Bumiller Times report ran cover for shifting
official accounts about what really happened on May 1 headlined, "Raid
Account, Hastily Told, Proves Fluid," saying:
- "(I)t was a classic collision of a White House desire
to promote a stunning national security triumph - and feed a ravenous media
- while collecting facts from a chaotic military operation on the other
side of the world. At the same time, White House officials worked hard
to use the facts of the raid to diminish Bin Laden's legacy."
- She continued, quoting an unnamed Pentagon official claiming
no "intent to deceive or dramatize," adding that "Everything
we put out we really believed to be true at the time." She also quoted
Victoria Clarke, Bush Pentagon spokeswoman, saying, "First reports
are always wrong. It's a fundamental truth in military affairs."
- In other words, it was OK first to claim a fierce firefight
in which no US forces were killed or hurt, then 24 hours later call the
battle one-sided, Navy Seals quickly dispatching bin Laden's guards and
"Enemy Number One," shooting him unarmed in the head.
- Notably, however, there's no body, no photos, no video,
no evidence, and no truth, just the media regurgitated big lie.
- In fact, more lies compounded it, including about:
- -- Pakistan's alleged knowledge of his presence;
- -- claimed evidence confirming it and assault specifics;
- -- fabricated bad theater, explained in a slapdash, keystone
- High Level Skepticism
- Appearing on CNN May 5, former Pakistani intelligence
chief, Hamid Gul, told "In the Arena's" host Eliot Spitzer that
bin Laden died years earlier, saying:
- "Yes, I think he died - he perished some years ago,
and I think this was a story which was created (because) nobody would want
to believe this version....I (don't believe) the story which was given
out by the American media and by the American administration."
- Whoever was killed May 1 "was probably somebody
else....(American authorities) must have known that he died some years
ago....were keeping this story on the ice and they were looking for an
appropriate moment" to announce it.
- "(P)eople simply not in Pakistan alone but around
the world....don't believe the stories that have been put out."
- In other words, the entire account was fabricated, the
event staged, Western media, including The New York Times, running cover
for the big lie. Gul politely called it "a huge intelligence failure."
- Notable American and Other False Flags
- Discussed in earlier writing, numerous ones stand out,
- -- In 1898, Spain was falsely accused of blowing up the
USS Maine in Havana, Cuba harbor. The Spanish-American war followed.
- -- On May 7, 1915, a German U-boat was accused of torpedoing
the RMS Lusitania, killing 128 US citizens. It helped precipitate America's
April 4, 1917 WW I entry, a war Woodrow Wilson wanted and got through a
propaganda campaign, turning pacifist Americans into German haters. It
was later learned that on board munitions, not a torpedo, exploded, sinking
- -- In 1933 Germany, a week before general elections,
the strategically timed Reichstag fire (home of the German parliament)
was blamed on communists. President Paul von Hindenburg's emergency decree
followed. Civil liberties were suspended. Weimar Republic democracy ended,
and Hitler assumed fascist powers after enough Nazis were elected to assure
- -- On August 31, 1939, Nazis impersonating Polish terrorists
attacked the Gleiwitz radio station on the border between the two countries,
starting WW II.
- -- On December 7, 1941, Roosevelt manipulated Japan to
attack Pearl Harbor, giving him the war he wanted from the early 1930s,
but had to convince a pacifist public of the threat. The fleet was also
tracked across the Pacific, but Admiral HE Kimmel wasn't warned or given
known intelligence to assure enough mass casualties for congressional and
- -- Complicit with Washington, numerous 1949/1950 South
Korean incursions north precipitated Pyongyang's retaliation in June 1950,
giving Truman the war he wanted.
- -- In 1962, a US Joint Chiefs of Staff proposed false
flag never happened because Kennedy rejected it. Called Operation Northwoods
(a part of Operation Mongoose), it included sinking US ships, shooting
down US commercial airliners, blowing up buildings in US cities, attacking
America's Guantanamo base, other incidents, and blaming it on Cuba as a
reason for war.
- -- The fake August 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident initiated
full-scale retaliation against North Vietnam after Congress passed the
Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, authorizing war without declaring it.
- -- In October 1983, after ousting Prime Minister Maurice
Bishop, US forces invaded Grenada, allegedly to rescue American medical
students threatened by nonbelligerent Cubans building infrastructure.
- -- In December 1989, manufactured incidents precipitated
America's Panama invasion, deposing Manuel Noriega, one-time ally turned
enemy because he forgot who's boss.
- -- in August 1990, Washington colluded with the al- Sabah
monarchy, entrapping Saddam Hussein to invade Kuwait. In January 1991,
it launched the Gulf War, followed by over two decades of sanctions, more
war occupation, and destruction of the "cradle of civilization."
- -- The September 11, 2001 false flag operation launched
a decade of imperial wars against Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya, Palestine
allied with Israel, perhaps others to come, as well as proxy wars in Somalia,
Yemen, Bahrain, Central Africa, Haiti, Honduras, Colombia, and at home
against Muslims, Latino immigrants, and working Americas.
- On February 16, 2010, a Washington's blog web site (georgewashington2.blogspot.com)
article titled, "Governments ADMIT That They Carry Out False Flag
Terror" listed examples, including:
- -- The CIA admitted its 1950s role in toppling Iran's
democratically government in 1953.
- -- Israel acknowledged a 1954 attack in Egypt, including
planting bombs in US diplomatic facilities, leaving "evidence"
of Arab involvement.
- -- Indonesia's former president, Abdurrahman Wahid, said
the nation's police or military most likely were involved in the 2002 Bali
bombing, killing over 200 people.
- -- A former Italian prime minister, judge, and military
counterintelligence head, General Gianadelio Maletti, said America's CIA
instigated and abetted right wing terrorist groups in the 1970s and earlier,
including bombing a Milan bank in 1969 to rally popular anti-communist
support in Italy and other European countries.
- -- Many others, including former Carter administration
National Security Adviser, Zbigniew Brzezinski, telling a Senate committee
that a false flag terror attack on US soil might occur to blame Iran and
- In his 1997 book, "The Grand Chessboard: American
Primacy and its Geostrategic Imperatives," he said:
- "Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multicultural
society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign
policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely
perceived direct external threat," the kind 9/11 created - predicted,
planned, orchestrated, and carried out to further new world order global
- Other False Flag Examples
- -- The March 2004 Madrid train bombings occurred three
days before Spain's general elections. With no supportive evidence, they
were blamed on Al Qaeda, yet they stoked public fear of threats against
other Western cities, including American ones.
- -- The July 7, 2005 London underground bombings (called
7/7) were a series of attacks on the city's public transport system during
the morning rush hour for maximum disruption and casualties. At precisely
the same time, an anti-terror drill occurred, simulating real attacks.
It was no coincidence, others in America and Britain came on the same day.
- -- On 9/11 morning, the CIA ran a "pre-planned simulation
to explore the emergency response issues that would be created if a plane
were to strike a building." Held at the Agency's Chantilly, Virginia
Reconnaissance Office, AP reported (on August 22, 2002) that it simulated
"a small corporate jet (hitting) one of the four towers....after experiencing
a mechanical failure."
- Unmentioned at the time was a later revealed (but unreported)
Homeland Security conference announcement a year later to commemorate the
9/11 event. Held under the auspices of the National Law Enforcement and
Security Institute, one of its speakers was John Fulton, CIA Chief of the
Strategic War Gaming Division of the National Reconnaissance office in
charge of the operation. Another coincidence, or was something more sinister
- In October 2000, the Pentagon simulated a commercial
plane striking the Pentagon, coordinated by its Command Emergency Response
Team and the Defense Protective Services Police. This and the 9/11 exercises
are more than coincidental, given what's now known and the fallout.
- -- On June 30, 2007, a Jeep Cherokee with propane canisters
crashed into Glasgow International Airport's glass doors, the BBC reporting
that it "was in the middle of the doorway burning....The car didn't
actually explode. There were a few pops and bangs which presumably was
- The usual suspects were falsely blamed, Al Qaeda and
- In Miami, on January 11, 2010 (one day before Haiti's
earthquake), the Pentagon's US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM) simulated a
hurricane striking the island in preparation for subsequent measures to
be implemented. A carefully prepared military operation, they included
occupying, controlling, and plundering the island.
- Also, Deputy SOUTHCOM head, General PK Keen, was in Haiti
when the quake struck, ready to assume command when it did and use a communication
tool called the Transnational Information Sharing Cooperation project (TISC),
linking other nations and NGOs with the Pentagon and US government to facilitate
measures to be implemented. None were to help Haitians.
- A Final Comment
- Exposed as bad theater, New York Times writer Elizabeth
Harris further discredited the broadsheet, headlining:
- "Al Qaeda Confirms Bin Laden's Death," citing
an unconfirmed statement, warning of new attacks to come. It also said
an audio recording days before his death will soon be released. In fact,
past video and audio ones were exposed as fakes.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com
and listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the
Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays
at 10AM US Central time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs
are archived for easy listening.