- On May 2, AP writer Matt Apuzzo headlined, "US Official:
New bin Laden tape, recorded shortly before death, expected to surface
- "US intelligence officials believe (he) made a propaganda
recording shortly before his death and expect that tape to surface soon....A
new recording (would) provide a final word from beyond the grave...."
- On May 7, New York Times writer Elisabeth Bumiller headlined,
"Videos From Bin Laden's Hide-Out Released," saying:
- On May 7, the administration "released five videos
recovered from" his alleged hideout, showing him "threatening
the United States, condemning capitalism and at some points flubbing his
lines and missing a cue."
- Videos were released "without sound (allegedly)
to avoid disseminating terrorist messages....The intelligence official
who briefed reporters....took pains to point out that bin Laden....had
dyed his white beard black," suggesting vanity or a desire to look
- Unmentioned were earlier tapes, including a posthumous
December 27, 2001 video showing his beard clearly gray and another in 2004
the same, unlike a 2007 one showing it black. Forensic evidence proved
the latter two crude audio and video fakes. More on them below.
- Moreover, it's unclear whether Islamic law or teachings
prohibit dying hair black. An Islam Question & Answer site says:
- "Dyeing hair with pure black dye is haram (punishable)
because the Prophet....said: "Avoid black," as well as "the
threat of punishment reported with regard to this matter. This ruling applies
to both men and women."
- However, if black dye "is mixed with another color,
so that it is no longer black, there is nothing wrong with it."
- A more detailed statement can be accessed through the
- True or false, other observers believe bin Laden never
dyed his hair or beard, a notion in their minds as absurd.
- New and Older Videos
- The most reported newly released tape shows him wrapped
in a blanket in a dilapidated looking room, watching himself on what appears
to be a small old TV placed on a broken desk.
- Yet he allegedly was housed in a million dollar compound,
unlikely to be poorly heated and furnished, as well as shabby-looking,
requiring him to sit on the floor with a blanket for warmth. At the least,
the image in his alleged surroundings is incongruous, suggesting a recording
made elsewhere, not at a luxury Abbottabad, Pakistan estate.
- Moreover, the it shows his beard white, not black in
other newly released videos, another inconsistency. In fact, he looks much
younger than in 2001, suggesting images from the 1990s. Nonetheless, Bumiller
cited an intelligence official saying bin Laden "was intensely interested
in the image he presented to his supporters," without saying why beard
- What does matter is a visibly older looking man in 2001,
not the more youthful bin Laden in four of the five newly released videos.
- Apparently, Obama officials still can't get their story
straight, acting much like Max Sennett's "Keystone Kops" and
characters in the film and book by the same name titled, "The Gang
That Couldn't Shoot Straight."
- An earlier article discussed the staged bin Laden killing
hokum, accessed through the following link:
- It addressed a scenario sounding more like bad fiction
than allegedly eliminating "Enemy Number One" with no photos,
videos or body of a dead bin Laden, as well as no independent proof and
shifting stories. They're still not right, putting a lie to the entire
account about a man who died earlier in mid-December 2001 of natural causes.
- A decade ago, bin Ladin was very ill from kidney failure,
diabetes, and by some accounts hepatitis C affecting his liver, requiring
hospitalization in Pakistan and Dubai. Moreover, objective and testimonial
evidence corroborated his mid-December 2001 death. An earlier article explained,
accessed through the following link:
- It also discussed past strategically released videos.
Two examples are noteworthy - on September 7, 2007 and October 29, 2004.
Digital image forensics expert Neal Krawetz analyzed both films, concluding
they were crude fakes full of low quality visual and audio splices.
- Moreover, bin Laden's beard was gray in the earlier video,
black in the later one, and he was dressed in the same white hat, shirt
and yellow sweater. In addition, the background, lighting, desk and camera
angle were identical. Krawetz said "if you overlay the 2007 and 2004
videos, bin Laden's face is the same (unaged)." Only his beard color
- Notably also, bin Laden's December 2001 "confession"
video admitting responsibility for 9/11 was fake. In February 2006, Duke
University bin Laden expert Professor Bruce Lawrence exposed it, calling
it a bad hoax.
- Citing US intelligence informants, he said everyone knows
it's fabricated. He also compared an overweight bin Laden impostor to authentic
images showing him much thinner. In fact, the difference between the real
and fake bin Laden is obvious, but was falsely used for years as his admission
for an inside job crime.
- Earlier, post-9/11, in three Al Jazeera interviews, he
claimed no knowledge or responsibility for the event.
- However, on May 3, 2011, Al Jazeera misreported him admitting
"responsibility for planning the September 11 attacks on New York
and Washington," an irresponsible lie with no corroborating evidence
and their own 2001 interviews.
- In addition, a May 25, 2010 Jeff Stein Washington Post
article headlined, "CIA unit's wacky idea: Depict Saddam as gay"
- It considered making fake videos, and:
- "(t)he agency actually (made one) purporting to
show Osama bin Laden and his cronies sitting around a campfire swigging
bottles of liquor and savoring their conquests with boys, one of the former
CIA officers recalled, chuckling at the memory. The actors were drawn from
'some of us darker-skinned employees,' " he said.
- The Pentagon took over the project, saying "(t)hey
had assets in psy-war down at Ft. Bragg at the army's special warfare center."
- Alleged DNA Evidence Confirming Bin Laden's Identity
- On May 7, Michael Ruppert's article headlined, "Osama
and the Ghosts of September 11: 'Proof that Obama is Lying,' " saying:
- A noted molecular biologist and DNA expert told him the
following on condition of anonymity:
- He "built a lucrative career in human genetics.
(He ran) one of the world's largest and most productive DNA genotyping
facilities, (and is now) helping to build the global market for clinical
whole human genome sequencing for the world's largest human genome sequencing
- He also worked with the best in his and other fields,
- "I know DNA. And, one thing I know about DNA is
that you cannot, repeat CANNOT: take a tissue sample from a shot-in-the
noggin-dead-guy in a north central Pakistan special forces op, extract
the DNA, prepare the DNA for assay, test the DNA, curate the raw DNA sequence
data, assemble the reads or QC the genotype, compare the tested DNA to
a reference, and make a positive identity determination....all in 12 hours
- let alone transport the tissue samples all the places they'd need to
have gone in order to get this done."
- "Any way you slice it, the real work would require
days," and no nearby aircraft carrier or other ship is outfitted with
a profession lab and experts on board to do it.
- He concluded saying they may or may not have gotten bin
Laden, but there's no DNA proof confirming it before they allegedly dumped
him at sea. In other words, they lied, one of many beginning with Obama's
May day announcement.
- A Final Comment
- This and previous articles highlight a shameless Washington
effort to compound one lie with others, endorsed by major media reports
and pundits going along with what they should expose and denounce.
- Instead, ad nauseam accounts continue, contributing to
war on terror fear mongering that's changed America dramatically post-9/11
disturbingly. It suggests worse yet to come, including perhaps more war
besides others now raging, while popular needs go begging.
- Despite poll data showing opposition, they continue because
people focus more on bread and circuses than activism, the only way to
achieve constructive change. It's high time opinions became anger enough
to significantly make a difference. It better because the alternative is
too dire to imagine.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
email@example.com. Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com
and listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the
Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays
at 10AM US Central time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs
are archived for easy listening.