- Source http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/21/jewish-group-critical-of-glenn-beck-refuses-
- 1. The truth is that George Soros was a Jewish Nazi sympathizer
and even said so in a 1998 60 Minutes interview.
- Most of the versions of this interview have been scrubbed
from the net by Soros but the transcript survives. Soros uses the propaganda
of Media Matters (which he contributes heavily to) and useful idiots like
David Goetzl to try to re-write history for this Nazi Collaborator. Demonize
the messenger like Beck but Soros is a victim. Yeah right!
- So should FOX fire Glenn Beck? If so, then CBS should
have fired Steve Kroft for that 60 Minutes interview and more importantly,
Media Post should fire David Goetzl for dishonest blogging and propping
up this LEFT WING MEME.
- 60 Minutes Interview with Soros: KROFT: (Voiceover) To
understand the complexities and contradictions in his personality, you
have to go back to the very beginning: to Budapest, where George Soros
was born 68 years ago to parents who were wealthy, well-educated and Jewish.
- When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros'
father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and
liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems
ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged
papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros
in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy
price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped
off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on
his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.
- (Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging
little boy in line)
- KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what
happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.
- (Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their
shoulders walking; crowd by a train)
- KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew
- Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.
- KROFT: (Voiceover) who escaped the Holocaust
- (Vintage footage of women walking by train)
- Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.
- (Vintage footage of people getting on train)
- KROFT: (Voiceover) by - by posing as a Christian.
- Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.
- (Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train;
train door closing with people in boxcar)
- KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get
shipped off to the death camps.
- Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say
that that's when my character was made.
- KROFT: In what way?
- Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand
and - and anticipate events and when - when one is threatened. It was a
tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a - a very personal experience
- KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this
protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.
- Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.
- KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation
of property from the Jews.
- Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.
- KROFT: I mean, that's - that sounds like an experience
that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many
years. Was it difficult?
- Mr. SOROS: Not - not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child
you don't - you don't see the connection. But it was - it created no -
no problem at all.
- KROFT: No feeling of guilt?
- Mr. SOROS: No.
- KROFT: For example that, 'I'm Jewish and here I am, watching
these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.' None
- Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c - I could be on the other
side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But
there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was - well,
actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets - that if I weren't
there - of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would - would -
would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the - whether I was there or
not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the
- I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.
- 5:15 PM 02/26/2011 - 5:15 PM Log in to Reply | Report
- Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/21/jewish-group-critical-of-glenn-