- An earlier article considered whether Haiti's January
2010 quake was engineered. Despite no corroborating proof, technologies
exist to do it. More information below.
- On March 11 at 14.46 JST, the earth shook around 81 miles
east of Japan's Oshika Peninsula of Tohoku near Sendai, its hypocenter
about a 20 mile depth. Measured at 9.0, it triggered a 33-foot high tsunami
in minutes, compounding the destructive damage over a wide area.
- Of greatest concern is damage to four or more nuclear
reactors at Tokyo Electric's (TEPCO) Fukushima Daiichi plant. So far (besides
many thousands injured and homeless), those dead or missing number almost
30,000, a total to rise exponentially if the worst Fukushima's fears materialize.
- According to some experts, it's no longer speculation.
It's reality, though government and media reports deny it, concealing the
disaster's magnitude, affecting the entire Pacific rim and Northern Hemisphere.
- Nonetheless, on March 29, New York Times writers Ken
Belson and Hiroko Tabuchi headlined, "Confidence Slips Away as Japan
Battles Nuclear Peril," saying:
- Plutonium traces in soil and increasing hazards for plant
workers "forced government officials to confront the reality that
the emergency measures they have taken to" contain the disaster haven't
worked. In fact, conditions are worse, not better, suggesting perhaps nothing
can contain this monster, threatening to make northern Japan (the size
of Pennsylvania) an uninhabitable dead zone, though it's still too early
- On March 29, London Guardian writer Ian Sample headlined,
"Japan may have lost race to save nuclear reactor," saying:
- "The radioactive core in a reactor at the crippled
Fukushima nuclear power plant appears to have melted through the bottom
of its containment vessel (onto) a concrete floor, experts say, raising
fears of a major release of radiation at the site." It's already major
- According to Richard Lahey, former GE boiling-water reactors
head of safety research:
- "The indications we have, from the reactor to radiation
readings and the materials they are seeing, suggest that the core has melted
through the bottom of the pressure vessel in unit two, and at least some
of it is down on the floor of the drywell. I hope I am wrong, but that
is certainly what the evidence is pointing towards."
- "The reason we are concerned is that they are detecting
water outside the containment area that is highly radioactive and it can
only have come from the reactor core." Lahey added that it won't be
as bad as Chernobyl. In fact, it's multiples worse from:
- -- increasing radiation releases, including deadly plutonium;
- -- spreading them catastrophically across the entire
Northern Hemisphere, especially over wide parts of Japan;
- -- causing permanent contamination; and
- -- potentially killing millions from deadly cancers.
- According to Dr. Tom Burnett:
- "Fukushima is going to dwarf Chernobyl. (Its) reactions
are getting worse. I suspect three nuclear piles are in meltdown....When
the molten mass (reaches) the water table, (it) will explode (releasing)
more radioactive particulate matter. The concrete will melt and the problem
will get worse."
- It'll continue for months. The only solution is bad;
namely, "detonat(ing) a 10 kiloton fission device inside each reactor
containment vessel and hope to vaporize the cores."
- Nuclear core meltdowns are self-sustaining. Only halting
the reaction can stop them. That "require(s) a nuclear weapon....in
each containment vessel....(b)ut it will be messy."
- On March 30, New York Times writer David Jolly headlined,
"High Radiation Levels Found in Seawater Near Nuclear Plant,"
- Seawater "about 300 yards from the (site contained)
iodine-131 at 3,355 times the safety standard, the highest levels reported
so far." Each day, they're rising and spreading hazardous contamination.
Yet Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency's (NISA) Hidehiko Nishiyama
claims public health isn't threatened, perhaps waiting for corpses for
- "In a separate development, smoke was seen rising
from a second (TEPCO Daini nuclear plant) about six miles south of"
Daiichi. As expected, NISA and TEPCO officials downplayed it, perhaps again
concealing the worst.
- Coverup and Denial in America
- Despite spreading contamination in America, the Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA) stopped measuring radiation levels in eight of
its 18 monitoring stations, including California, Oregon and Washington
because readings are getting too high.
- In addition, Obama's EPA may substantially increase allowable
radiation amounts called safe in food, water and the environment. New guidelines
will also permit much laxer long-term cleanup thresholds, greatly endangering
- Five Types of Human Activity Causing Quakes
- (1) Damn construction
- Since water is heavier than air, the crust beneath it
is greatly stressed, easily setting off mostly moderate shocks. University
of Alaska seismologist Larry Gedney explained:
- "Since the (Hoover Dam) reached its peak of 475
feet in 1939, the level of seismicity has fluctuated in direct response
to water level. None of the shocks have been particularly damaging - the
largest was about magnitude 5 - but the area had no record of being seismically
- According to geophysical hazards expert Christian Klose,
dams trigger about one-third of human-caused quakes. No wonder given their
global proliferation, 845,000 according to Discover magazine, including
80,000 in America. Hoover Dam is the largest, storing 1.2 trillion cubic
feet of water. China's Three Gorges Dam is the world's largest, holding
back 1.4 trillion cubic feet. In 1967, western India's Koyna Dam may have
caused a 7.0 magnitude quake. If so, damns in seismically active areas
may be much more destructive than believed.
- (2) Liquid injection into the ground
- In 1951, the US Army constructed Basin F at the Rocky
Mountain Arsenal to handle 243 million gallons of contaminated liquid chemical
wastes in about a 93 acre area. In 1961, another way was chosen - by drilling
a 12,000-foot deep well in the Rocky Mountains to inject napalm toxic waste
into the earth's crust. From 1962 - 1966, 165 million gallons went in,
likely triggering regional quakes and getting the Army to shut it down.
According to seismologist Dave Wolney:
- "If you are doing deep well injection, you are altering
the stress on the underlying rocks and at some point, (it) will be relieved
by generating an earthquake."
- Klose also worries about carbon dioxide sequestration,
a process of compressing CO2 from coal plants and injecting it into underground
deposits. It, too, can generate quakes close to cities, as that's where
facilities are located.
- (3) Coal mining
- Coal provides over half of America's electricity and
an even larger percentage in China. Mines produce millions of tons annually,
extract up to a dozen times as much water as coal, and cause huge regional
mass changes. They, in turn, increase stress that can cause quakes as explained
above. According to Klose, mining produces over half of recorded ones.
- (4) Oil and gas drilling
- A June 23, 2009 New York Times article headlined, "Deep
in Bedrock, Clean Energy and Quake Fears," explaining that former
oil man, Markus O. Haring, drilled a hole three miles down in Basel, Switzerland
prospecting for clean, renewable energy, deep within the earth's bedrock.
On December 8, 2006, an earthquake terrifyied residents who remembered
the devastating one striking the city 650 years earlier.
- Haring terminated his project, but a US start-up company,
AltaRock Energy, uses the same technology to drill deep into quake-prone
areas two hours' drive north of San Francisco for geothermal energy. The
Energy Department backs it with more than $36 million, and several large
venture capital firms are involved, despite the risk.
- According the The Times:
- "The California project is the first of dozens that
could be operating in the United States in the next several years, driven
by a push to cut emissions of heat-trapping gases and the Obama administration's
support for renewable energy. Using the Basel method, it's hoped a breakthrough
can be achieved, even though it's known that large quakes occur at great
- Three of the largest human-caused ones happened near
an Uzbekistan natural gas field, the result of liquid extraction and injection
changing its tectonic action. The most severe one registered 7.3, and according
to Russian scientists:
- "Few will deny that there is a relationship between
hydrocarbon recovery and seismic activity, but exactly how strong a relationship
exists has yet to be determined."
- In regions with high tectonic activity, like northern
California near San Francisco, Haiti around Port-au-Prince, or Japan, extraction
could trigger severe quakes. It's believed Haiti has significant oil, gas,
and other mineral deposits, including gold, copper, and coal. Perhaps drilling
around Port-au-Prince bay, the Gulf of La Gonave, and the Island of La
Gonave set off the quake, why US domination and human neglect are related
to it, and why America, France, Canada and other nations seek to profit
- (5) Large building construction
- On December 2, 2005, Kate Ravilious' UK Guardian article
headlined, "Skyscraper that may cause earthquakes." It referred
to Taipei 101 in Taiwan, the world's tallest building at 1,667 feet, weighing
700,000 tons. According to National Taiwan Normal University geologist
Cheng Horng Lin, the building's stress may have reopened an ancient fault.
- Before its construction, the Taipei basin was very stable
with no surface ones. Thereafter, "The number of earthquakes increased
to around two micro-earthquakes per year during the construction period
(1997 - 2003). After completion, two larger quakes were registered, strong
enough to feel at magnitudes 3.8 and 3.2."
- Lin believes that "the considerable stress might
be transferred into the upper crust due to the extremely soft sedimentary
rocks beneath the Taipei basin. Deeper down this may have reopened an old
- Other experts are more cautious. UCLA quake expert John
Vidale says "A building will change the stress on the ground under
(it), but this probably won't reach down to around 10km, the level where
earthquakes occur." Compared with dams, coal mining, oil drilling,
and underground waste deposits, skyscrapers cause minor stress to the earth's
surface. Klose shares that view.
- HAARP Technology - High Frequency Active Auroral Research
- HAARP manipulates the atmosphere, climate, and weather
for military purposes. Based in Gokona, Alaska, it's a jointly managed
US Air Force/Navy weather warfare program, operating since 1992, yet the
HAARP web site explains its purpose as follows:
- "HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying
the properties and behavior of the ionosphere (the atmosphere's upper layer),
with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance
communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes.
(It will be used) to induce a small, localized change in ionospheric temperature
so that resulting reactions can be studied by other instruments located
either at or close to the HAARP site."
- According to Rosalie Bertell, a distinguished scientific
expert and president of the International Institute of Concern for Public
- HAARP functions as "a gigantic heater that can cause
major disruptions in the ionosphere, creating not just holes, but long
incisions in the protective layer that keeps deadly radiation from bombarding
- Writing in Earthpulse Press on November 5, 1996, Bertell
- "Military interest in space became intense during
and after World War II because of the introduction of rocket science, the
companion of nuclear technology....During this time of intensive atmospheric
nuclear testing, explosions at various levels above and below the surface
of the earth were tried. Some of the now familiar descriptions of the earth's
protective atmosphere....were based on information gained through stratospheric
and ionospheric experimentation."
- Numerous projects preceded HAARP, including:
- -- Project Argus in 1958 "to assess the impact of
high altitude nuclear explosions on radio transmission and radar operations,"
and learn more about the geomagnetic field;
- -- Project Starfish in 1962, using nuclear detonations
to disrupt the ionosphere and assess the effects on the earth's magnetic
- -- SPS: Solar Power Satellite Project in 1968, using
them in geostationary orbit 40,000 km above the earth to intercept solar
radiation with solar cells that potentially could be environmentally destructive;
- -- Poker Flat Rocket Launch from 1968 to the present
to "understand chemical reactions in the atmosphere associated with
global climate change;" perhaps more to influence climate for military
- -- Saturn V Rocket in 1975; due to a malfunction, it
burned unusually high in the atmosphere (above 300 km) producing a "large
ionospheric hole," resulting in over a 60% reduction in "total
electron content" over a 1,000 km area lasting several hours; all
telecommunications over the Atlantic Ocean were disrupted;
- -- SPS Military Implications in 1978 to develop a satellite-based
beam weapon for anti-ballistic missile (ABM) use; also as a mind-control/anti-personnel
weapon by affecting the human brain;
- -- Orbit Maneuvering System in 1981 to study the effect
of Shuttle injected gases on the ionosphere; it was learned they could
- -- Innovative Shuttle Experiments in 1985 using gases
to create ionospheric holes;
- -- Mighty Oaks in 1986 to develop x-ray and particle
- -- Desert Storm in 1991, during which the US deployed
an electromagnetic pulse weapon, designed to mimic the electricity flash
of a nuclear detonation; and
- -- HAARP since 1992
- Bertell says it's:
- "related to fifty years of intensive and increasingly
destructive programs to understand and control the upper atmosphere. (It's)
an integral part of a long history of space research and development of
a deliberate military nature. (Their) implications (are) alarming. Basic
to this project is control of communications, both (their) disruption and
reliability in hostile environments. The power wielded by such control
- "The ability of the HAARP/Spacelab/rocket combination
to deliver very large amounts of energy, comparable to a nuclear bomb,
anywhere on earth via laser and particle beams, are frightening."
Yet the public is told it's "a space shield against incoming weapons
(or) a devise for repairing the ozone layer."
- By modifying the ionosphere, HAARP can be hugely destructive.
Potentially, it can trigger floods, droughts, hurricanes, tsunamis, forest
fires, and power blackouts over entire regions. It can disrupt radar, other
communications, agriculture, ecology, and financial and other markets.
It can use weather to wage war, and perhaps cause earthquakes like the
one devastating Japan.
- America "Carried Out a Second Nuclear Attack on
- Noted Pakistani journalist Nusrat Mirza believes that
the March 11 disaster was artificially caused by America's X-37B spaceplane.
In his article titled, "The Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami - Natural
or Artificial?" he argued that Washington caused numerous disasters,
including Pakistan's 2005 quake, the country's 2010 floods, the 2004 Indian
Ocean quake/tsunami, and 2011 Japanese calamity, possibly by HAARP technology.
- Specifically he said:
- -- "Whenever the US Spaceplane X-37B is sent Into
space, a natural disaster occurs somewhere in the world. He gave examples,
including Pakistan devastated by monsoon-triggering floods.
- -- America's "objectives are to continue its domination
of the world, and not let another power or group of powers challenge its
domination. Japan may have been targeted for collaborating with "other
countries to replace the US dollar with a new currency for international
trading." According to a Nibira TV report, former Japanese finance
minister Heizo Talaneka "was warned to hand over the Japanese financial
system to (America or be) attacked by an earthquake.
- -- "Today, 'rulers (especially in America) are coming
to the forefront and, using science, are causing earthquakes, tsunamis,
weather alterations, changes in airplanes' routes, plane crashes, and floods."
- The Pentagon's Alaska-based transmitter ability to send
three billion watts of electromagnetic waves at a frequency of 2.5 - 10
megahertz can cause all of the above destruction and more.
- Geoscientist Leuren Moret believes a HAARP-aerosol/chemtrails
plasma weapon likely caused Japan's disaster, citing:
- -- its intensity and characteristics; and
- -- using the Stuxnet virus (a Windows computer worm targeting
industrial software and equipment) at Fukushima, causing malfunctions in
cooling pumps and valves. "The trouble after the earthquake was that
the pumps and valves and controllers malfunctioned so workers could not
get (them) working. This just adds to the HAARP earthquake and much more
evidence that it was a false flag HAARP event."
- Moreover, HAARP-created vortex clouds over San Francisco
on March 18 triggered heavy irradiated rain over the Bay area.
- Moret also explained calculations she made, saying spent
fuel rods stored in cooling ponds above each of six reactors are releasing
the equivalent of "92,000 nuclear bombs. Each unit has 400 assemblies
of spent fuel rods, with 60....for each assembly. Each individual rod holds
72 pounds of uranium (compared to) a 20-pound" nuclear bomb payload.
- She believes enormous amounts of radiation are now being
released into the troposphere, traveling below 300 feet over Japan and
America, heading east. As a result, air, earth, water, food and humans
are being contaminated with deadly radiation. Downplaying the hazard is
- Investigative journalist Jane Burgermeister also blames
HAARP for Japan's disaster and the 2010 one in Haiti, saying:
- Haiti and Japan quakes "show surprising similarities
that point to an artificial cause and the use of HAARP technology."
In January 2010, "low frequency signals of 2.1 Hz were detected for
40 hours before the earthquake occurred, while (in) Japan something similar
happened. Low frequency signals of 2.5 Hz were detected for about 55 hours
before the earthquake (struck) as well as for 4 hours afterwards."
- "A steady signal lasting for so many hours at such
a low frequency is highly likely not caused by natural activity in space
but by some type of artificial 'human-made' activity." Notably in
the case of Haiti, "this signal stopped abruptly at full swing on
January 11 at 01:00 hours UTC only to resume with full amplitude again
at 3:30 hrs UTC as if it had been switched off and on at full power."
- The UN Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any
Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques (1977)
- Its Article I states that:
- "Each State Party to this Convention undertakes
not to engage in military or any other hostile use of environmental modification
techniques having widespread, long-lasting or severe effects as the means
of destruction, damage or injury to any other State Party."
- Article II refers to "environmental modification
(ENMOD) techniques (as) any technique for changing - through the deliberate
manipulation of natural processes - the dynamics, composition or structure
of the Earth, including its biota, lithosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere,
or of outer space."
- Citing Ecology News, Sourcewatch.org defines environmental
- "(1) the intentional modification of a system of
the natural ecology, such as climate and weather, earth systems such as
the ionosphere, magnetosphere, tectonic plate system, and/or the triggering
of seismic events (earthquakes);
- (2) to cause intentional physical, economic, psycho-social,
and physical destruction to an intended target geophysical or population
- "(3) as part of strategic or tactical war."
- Environmental war weapons include chemtrails, chemical
weapons systems (climate and weather modification) and electromagnetic
weapons systems (climate and weather modification, as well as seismic warfare).
- Other definitions are broader, including the use of depleted
uranium and other environmentally destructive weapons, practices and techniques.
- International standards on environmental protections
during armed conflict date back as early as the 1868 Declaration of St.
Petersburg. It stated that "the only legitimate object which States
should endeavour to accomplish during war is to weaken the military forces
of the enemy."
- The 1907 Hague Regulations stressed restraint, saying
"The right of belligerents to adopt means of injuring the enemy is
not unlimited," and the Geneva Conventions (including Protocol I and
Common Article 3) defined the principles of international humanitarian
- In 1973, the US Senate adopted a resolution calling for
an international agreement "prohibiting the use of any environmental
or geophysical modification activity as a weapon of war...." President
Nixon ordered the Defense Department to review the military aspects of
weather and other ENMOD techniques.
- During the July 1974 summit meeting in Moscow, Nixon
and General Secretary Brezhnev agreed to hold bilateral talks to achieve
"the most effective measures possible to overcome the dangers of the
use of environmental modification techniques for military purposes."
- Discussions continued in 1974 and 1975, resulting in
an agreement on a common approach and language. The 1977 UN Convention
followed, ratified 98 - 0 by the Senate on November 28, 1979. It took effect
on January 17, 1980, but was violated thereafter by both sides.
- Human environmental modification techniques (ENMOD) can
cause irreversible damage. Yet international standards haven't stopped
their development or use.
- A Final Comment
- On February 17, 1950, Council on Foreign Relations (CRF)
member James Warburg told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee:
- "We shall have world government whether or not you
like it, by conquest or consent," because powerful globalists want
- American ones, in fact, want total control of the world's
money, resources, law, communications, populations, and military supremacy,
no matter how much destructive force it takes to achieve, perhaps using
HAARP and other technologies to create enormous new opportunities for greater
power and profits.
- Other schemes relate to America's longstanding depopulation
agenda, a model Henry Kissinger presented in his 1974 National Security
Study Memorandum 200 (NSSM 200). Shaped by Rockefeller interests, it developed
over time to cull unwanted "useless eaters" by various means,
- -- violence;
- -- depleted uranium and other hazardous weapons;
- -- withholding disaster relief;
- -- sterilization;
- -- disease;
- -- starvation;
- -- earthquakes, tsunamis, oil spills, chemical proliferation,
and other environmental disasters; as well as
- -- widespread radiation contamination, another way to
- Perhaps Japan's disaster is their latest assault on human
life, welfare and survival, so global elitists can benefit more by less
of us. Think unlikely? Think again.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
email@example.com. Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com
and listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the
Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays
at 10AM US Central time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs
are archived for easy listening.