- Neutron 'blue beams' can now be seen shooting from one
of the damages reactors night and day.
- "International nuclear experts believe that melted
fuel is causing a small, uncontrolled chain reaction there sending out
a burst of heat, radiation and a blue flash of light what the nuclear
industry calls a localized criticality. From what we understand, this is
not good news for the workers trying to prevent a nuclear meltdown there."
- One person gave this reflection on blue beams He was
a medical student when the nuclear reactor was installed at UT. The joke
on campus was that the good news was that they had an ultraviolet detector
that could pick up this type of radiation leak - the bad news was that
if you were in a position to detect these 'blue beams' that you were going
to be dead in a few weeks.
- Besides improvements in nuclear power generation
like supercharging the uranium fuel in the reactors with plutonium (MOX
fuel), radiation is finding more applications in medicine.
- In addition to irradiating parts of the body where cancer
is found, one fellow here in town had radiation injected into his blood
stream for a diagnostic from a high tech piece of equipment at the Elko
Hospital. He was told it would be fine, but to stay away from his children
for a few days. When they couldn't get the machine to work right for the
diagnostic, they told him he would have to go through the procedure again
(he said no).
- The FDA pushing for the irradiation of food to
keep us safe of course.
- The FDA acknowledges the fact that irradiation changes
the makeup of food when it says in the same proposal that "Irradiation
has various effects on foods that may cause changes in the characteristics
of the food. Such changes may occur in the food's organoleptic, nutritional,
or functional properties that would not be noticeable at the point of purchase
but could be apparent when consumed or cooked."
- The USDA allows irradiation of food and calls it "electronic
pasteurization" so as not to alarm consumers. An official with the
USDA who helped to ease food radiation restrictions now is with the UN
doing the same with international guidelines. Many scientists believe that
irradiation causes genetic and molecular changes that increase the risk
of cancer in those who consume the food.
- Then there are nuclear weapons. There are the heavy bombs
and the ideology of M.A.D. (mutually assured destruction) which also keeps
- And now we have the use of depleted uranium. Prior to
the War on Terrorism, it was thought to be a crime against humanity to
spread nuclear waste on an enemies nation due to the long term toxic effect
it would have on future generations.
- But when it was found that the elements in depleted uranium
could penetrate armor like nothing else, the toxic effects were no longer
- DU ignites upon firing, filing the air with microscopic
irradiated particles on both the giving and receiving end of the munitions.
- Aside from destroying the health of the soldiers, the
DNA mutations are passed into the womb...
- The use of nuclear, atomic, radiological, etc. is M.A.D.
and will be our demise on this planet if we continue down this path.
- - Gary