- 'Surprise' is still being expressed because many
of these same senators who have been speaking out AGAINST censorship
have turned around and voted for censoring the internet....
- This glaringly intentional deceit will perhaps
force us to face "the terror of the situation". The
fact is... NONE of these politicians and media whores are
genuine "adversaries" of government but are PAID OPPONENTS
on the payroll of the very administration they pretend to fight.
- They would NOT be in the Senate -- they would
NOT hold any position of authority -- ifthey were not a
trusted member of the cabal. I doubt if even the town dog catcher isn't
a willing collaborator in the takeover of America.
- What we are shown by the Mainstream Media and so-called Alternative
media is literally, "theatre for the masses" -- "The
Truman Show" -- to keep people pacified into believing that there
are those politicians who give a damn -- "who care"
-- and who are fighting to keep democracy in place.
- Not a chance. It is ALL an act.
- Everything is infiltrated now. EVERYTHING.
- Events are played out by the controllers of a fascist
- The fake ACLU, the absurd Tea Parties, NASA the
pretend space program, the NAACP, Amnesty International etc. etc. etc...
not to mention "the Ron Paul's" and "the Ralph Naders"
-- who are fighting for the common man.
- We had better wake up soon to see we are being surrounded.
- IF THEY CENSOR THE INTERNET LET
- THE FREEDOM REVOLUTION BEGIN - NOW
- The 19 Vile, Whore Senators Who Voted To Censor The Internet
- from the free-speech-isn't-free dept
- This is hardly a surprise but, this morning (as previously (http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20101116/10554811889/coica-back-up-for-a-vote-
the lame duck Senate Judiciary Committee (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20023238-38.html?tag=cnetRiver)
unanimously voted to move forward with censoring the internet via
the COICA bill -- despite a bunch of law professors explaining to
them how this law is a clear (http://www.publicknowledge.org/files/docs/LawProfCOICA.pdf)
violation of the First Amendment. What's really amazing is that many of
the same Senators have been speaking outagainst internet censorship
in other countries, yet they happily vote to approve it here because it's
seen as a way to make many of their largest campaign contributors happy.
- There's very little chance that the bill will actually
get passed by the end of the term but, in the meantime, we figured it might
be useful to highlight the 19 Senators who voted to censor the internet
- (These are the TRAITORS to our Constitution and ALL should
be Jailed for
- their murderous assault on our God-given freedom of speech
and inquiry. -ed
- Patrick J. Leahy -- Vermont - Master of the Forked Tongue
- Herb Kohl -- Wisconsin
- Jeff Sessions -- Alabama - still TRYING to amount to
ANYTHING that will have him!
- Dianne Feinstein -- California - the Bitch!
- Orrin G. Hatch -- Utah - A perpetual FRAUD
- Russ Feingold -- Wisconsin - Once thought to be REAL
- Chuck Grassley -- Iowa - Garden variety IDIOT for all
- Arlen Specter -- Pennsylvania - IMPOSTER FOR every OCCASSION
- Jon Kyl -- Arizona
- Chuck Schumer -- New York - The constant CHUMP
- Lindsey Graham -- South Carolina - Should be deported
- Dick Durbin -- Illinois
- John Cornyn -- Texas
- Benjamin L. Cardin -- Maryland
- Tom Coburn -- Oklahoma Hoelessly Stupid
- Sheldon Whitehouse -- Rhode Island
- Amy Klobuchar -- Minnesota
- Al Franken -- Minnesota -a national Wanna-Be whatever
of the moment
- Chris Coons -- Delaware
- This should be a list of shame. You would think that
our own elected officials would understand the First Amendment but, apparently,
they have no problem turning the US into one of the small list of authoritarian
countries that censors internet content it does not like (in this case,
content some of its largest campaign contributors do not like). We already
have laws in place to deal with infringing content, so don't buy the excuse
that this law is about stopping infringement.
- This law takes down entire websites based on the government's
say-so. First Amendment protections make clear that if you are going to
stop any specific speech, it has to be extremely specific speech. This
law has no such restrictions. It's really quite unfortunate that these
19 US Senators are the first American politicians to publicly vote in favor
of censoring speech in America.
- Update: Some people in the comments are claiming this
is not about censorship, so I've put up a new post explaining in detail
why this bill is all about censorship.