- On May 1, New York Times writers Al Baker and William
Rashbaum headlined, "Police Find Car Bomb in Times Square," saying:
- "A crude car bomb of propane, gasoline and fireworks
was discovered in a 'smoking' Nissan Pathfinder in the heart of Times Square
on Saturday evening, prompting the evacuation of thousands of tourists
and theatergoers on a warm and busy night."
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg claimed "We were very lucky.
We avoided what could have been a very deadly event."
- For much of the evening, Midtown New York, from 43rd
- 48th streets, was closed, heightening fear reported for hours on cable
news shows, including statements by Bloomberg, Governor David Paterson,
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly and Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne,
saying the bomb "appeared (to be) in the process of detonating, but
- Good luck or something else? We've seen this too often
not to be suspicious. This one, like others, has all the earmarks of a
false flag, more likely given its coverage and location in Times Square
on Saturday night, followed by a May 2 video saying the Pakistani Taliban
- Who could imagine they had a branch office in New York,
and no one even noticed. At least that's the impression from media disinformation,
hyped to spread fear and prepare the public for what's to come, perhaps
something much worse.
- In addition, like previous times, a suspect is already
in custody, a Muslim, of course, as part of the anti-Islamic post-9/11
rage, and given how abusively he may be treated (including frightening
threats of life in prison or the death penalty), perhaps will confess to
anything or make it appear that he did so headlines can blare it.
- According to Reuters, a statement on an Islamic web site
- "The Pakistani Taliban announces its responsibility
for the New York attack in revenge for the two leaders al-Baghdadi and
al-Muhajir and Muslim martyrs."
- Videos are easy to fake, including strategically timed
bin Laden ones, exposed by digital experts as fakes, aside from convincing
evidence he died in 2001.
- See David Ray Griffin's important book titled, "Osama
Bin Laden: Dead or Alive?" In his latest April 30 article, "Did
Osama Bin Laden Confess to the 9/11 Attacks, and Did He Die in 2001,"
Griffin notes his book's convincing evidence of his death, that if so,
proves all subsequent video and audio tapes attributed to him are fakes.
- According to Hactor Factor's Neal Krawetz, bogus ones
are characterized by low quality visual and audio splices and more. His
analysis of a September 2007 video showed bin Laden's beard black when
in earlier images it's gray. It also had him dressed in a white hat, shirt
and yellow sweater, precisely the same attire as in October 2004. In addition,
the background, lighting, desk and camera angle were the same.
- Most obvious were the edits, showing obvious splices,
at least six video ones and even more for audio that appeared to be words
and phrases spliced together.
- Videos like these are easy to make as are special effects
clever enough to make anyone look like bin Laden, convincingly enough to
fool the public, especially when media reports hype them.
- Post-9/11, it's vital to remind the public by strategically
timed "Enemy Number One" bin Laden incidents and the "security
threat" he represents. If he didn't exist, he'd have to be invented
so why not perpetuate the myth, omitting that he was a CIA asset and likely
remained one until his death.
- Noteworthy is that CBS News anchor Dan Rather reported
that he was admitted to a Rawalpindi, Pakistan hospital on September 10,
2001, and France's Le Figaro said:
- "Dubai....was the backdrop of a secret meeting between
Osama bin Laden and the local CIA agent in July (2001). A partner of the
administration of the American Hospital....claims that (bin Laden) stayed
(there) between the 4th and 14th of July (and) received visits from many
members of his family as well as prominent Saudis and Emiratis. (During
the same period), the local CIA agent, known to many in Dubai, was seen
taking (the hospital's) main elevator (to) bin Laden's room." Why
not if he was a valued asset.
- On May 2, the Israeli news website Debka.com featured
an "Exclusive Report" saying:
- "On April 30, twenty-four hours before a smoking
SUV Nissan containing an improvised bomb was defused (in) Times Square....the
Pakistani Taliban's top bomb-maker, Qari Hussain Mehsud, took 'full responsibility
for the recent attack in the USA' in an audiotape with images on a You
- Saying no proof of overseas involvement was forensically
found, "DEBKAfile's counter-terror sources" noted similarities
between the New York bomb and earlier 2005 and 2007 ones in London and
Glasgow, Scotland respectively. In each case, they used propane and failed
to detonate - the Glasgow one, in fact, causing the car used to burn but
not cause a major catastrophe.
- DEBKA also quoted Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah
Mehsud saying on an April 4 nine minute tape that "The time is very
near when our fedayeen will attack the American states in the major cities."
Earlier, Qari Hussein Mehsud "warned NATO governments to denounce
the US and apologize for the 'massacres in Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan, and
Pakistani tribal areas - otherwise be prepared for the worst destruction
and devastation in their own countries.' "
- A mid-April Debka report had Iran threatening to retaliate
against US cities with nuclear weapons if they're used against Iranian
cities or sites.
- "For the first time, DEBKAfile's military sources
(IDF and/or Mossad ones stoking fear) report, Tehran indicated the possibility
of passing nuclear devices to terrorists capable of striking inside the
United States....Although Iran has yet to attain operational nuclear arms,
our military sources believe it does possess the makings of primitive nuclear
devices or 'dirty bombs.' "
- With no supportive evidence, these type reports hype
fear to prepare the public for what's to come, so if a planned major terrorist
event in a Western city, there's a ready suspect to blame and popular approval
- Noted Previous False Flags
- The historic record is full of false flags, some especially
noteworthy. Below are a few examples:
- -- in 1898, America falsely accused Spain of blowing
up the USS Maine in Havana, Cuba harbor. The Spanish-American war followed;
- -- in 1933 Germany, a week before general elections,
the strategically timed Reichstag fire (home of the German parliament)
was blamed on communists. It got President Paul von Hindenburg to sign
an emergency decree. Civil liberties were suspended. Weimar Republic democracy
ended, and Hitler assumed fascist powers after enough Nazis were elected
to assure it;
- -- on August 31, 1939, Nazis impersonating Polish terrorists
attacked the Gleiwitz radio station on the border between the two countries,
starting WW II;
- -- on December 7, 1941, the Roosevelt administration
succeeded in manipulating Japan to attack Pearl Harbor, giving FDR the
war he wanted from the early 1930s, but had to convince a pacifist public
of the threat; the fleet was also tracked across the Pacific, but Admiral
HE Kimmel wasn't warned or given known intelligence to assure enough mass
casualties for congressional and public support;
- -- in 1962, a US Joint Chiefs of Staff proposed false
flag attack never happened because President Jack Kennedy rejected it;
called Operation Northwoods (a part of Operation Mongoose), the scheme
included sinking US ships, shooting down US commercial airliners, blowing
up buildings in US cities, attacking America's Guantanamo base, other incidents,
and blaming it on Cuba as a reason for war;
- -- the fake August 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident initiating
full-scale retaliation against North Vietnam after Congress passed the
Gulf of Tonkin Resolution authorizing war without declaring it; and the
seminal event of our time -
- -- September 11, 2001, clear evidence showing it was
a false flag, the Afghan and Iraq wars made possible by fear-mongering
blame on the Taliban and Saddam Hussein.
- On February 16, 2010, a Washington's blog web site (georgewashington2.blogspot.com)
article titled, "Governments ADMIT That They Carry Out False Flag
Terror" listed some examples, including:
- -- the CIA admitting its 1950s role in toppling Iran's
democratically government in 1953;
- -- Israel admitting a 1954 attack in Egypt, including
planting bombs in US diplomatic facilities, leaving "evidence"
of Arab involvement;
- -- Indonesia's former president, Abdurrahman Wahid, saying
the nation's police or military most likely were involved in the 2002 Bali
bombing, killing over 200 people;
- -- a former Italian prime minister, judge, and military
counterintelligence head, General Gianadelio Maletti, saying America's
CIA instigated and abetted right wing terrorist groups in the 1970s and
earlier, including bombing a Milan bank in 1969, to rally popular anti-communist
support in Italy and other European countries; and
- -- many others, including former Carter administration
National Security Adviser, Zbigniew Brzezinski, telling a Senate committee
that a false flag terror attack on US soil might occur to blame Iran and
- In his 1997 book, "The Grand Chessboard: American
Primacy and its Geostrategic Imperatives," he said:
- "Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multicultural
society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign
policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely
perceived direct external threat," the kind 9/11 created - predicted,
planned, orchestrated, and carried out to further new world order dominance
- Other False Flag Examples
- (1) The March 2004 Madrid train bombings occurred three
days before Spain's general elections. With no supportive evidence, they
were blamed on Al Qaeda, yet they stoked public fear and were used to warn
that other Western cities were threatened, including in America.
- Nearly always, Muslims are blamed and arrested, the DEBKAfile
citing advance bin Laden tapes threatening to punish Spain for supporting
the Bush administration. This time, Basque separatists were also named,
again without evidence, and the bin Laden tapes were fakes.
- (2) The July 7, 2005 London underground bombings (called
7/7) were a series of attacks on the city's public transport system during
the morning rush hour for maximum disruption and casualties. At precisely
the same time, an anti-terror drill occurred, simulating real attacks.
It was no coincidence this time or ever, others in America and Britain
coming on the same day as a real event, other notable ones covered below.
- AP reported that the London Israeli embassy warned Scotland
Yard about the 7/7 one in advance, and Israeli Army Radio reported that
"Scotland Yard had intelligence warnings of the attacks a short time
before they occurred," but didn't act or issue warnings. In addition,
Israel's finance minister at the time, Benjamin Netanyahu, was told not
to attend an economic conference in the city where he was scheduled to
deliver an address.
- Other dignitaries were also warned, but not the public.
Even without smoking gun proof, the 7/7 attack was a false flag operation
to heighten fear and keep Britain and the West embroiled in war.
- (3) On the morning of the 9/11 attack, the CIA ran a
"pre-planned simulation to explore the emergency response issues that
would be created if a plane were to strike a building." Held at the
Agency's Chantilly, Virginia Reconnaissance Office, AP reported (on August
22, 2002) that it simulated "a small corporate jet (hitting) one of
the four towers....after experiencing a mechanical failure."
- Unmentioned at the time was a later revealed (but unreported)
Homeland Security conference announcement a year later to commemorate the
9/11 event. Held under the auspices of the National Law Enforcement and
Security Institute, one of its speakers was John Fulton, CIA Chief of the
Strategic War Gaming Division of the National Reconnaissance office in
charge of the operation. Another coincidence, or was something more sinister
- The previous year in October, the Pentagon simulated
a commercial plane striking the Pentagon, coordinated by its Command Emergency
Response Team and the Defense Protective Services Police. This and the
9/11 exercises are more than coincidental, given what's now known and the
- (4) On June 30, 2007, a Jeep Cherokee with propane canisters
crashed into Glasgow International Airport's glass doors, the BBC reporting
that it "was in the middle of the doorway burning....The car didn't
actually explode. There were a few pops and bangs which presumably was
- The usual suspects were blamed, Al Qaeda and Islamic
terrorists, Prime Minister Gordon Brown saying:
- "We are dealing, in general terms, with people who
are associated with Al Qaeda," followed by his initiating draconian
security measures, hyped by the UK Telegraph saying:
- An "unknown Al Qaeda terrorist cell (was) thought
to be preparing to launch a series of Baghdad-style car bombings."
Another Telegraph article mentioned Washington's involvement with UK authorities
in hyping the threat, and an ABC News report suggested foreknowledge of
the incident based on advance warnings (by unnamed intelligence officials)
of Al Qaeda "target(ing) nightclubs and other soft targets....All
of this comes just three weeks after what was described as an Al Qaeda
graduation ceremony for suicide bombers at a training camp in Pakistan."
- Fear mongering and false flags? Draw your own conclusions,
understanding the need to stoke fear to keep public support for the "war
on terror," the loss of civil liberties for "security,"
the Afghan and Iraq wars, and whatever else may be planned.
- (5) the Christmas 2009 airliner incident involving Umar
Farouk Abdulmutallab, a Nigerian citizen on an Amsterdam - Detroit bound
flight. US officials claimed he was trained in Yemen by Al Qaeda, obtained
explosive chemicals (PETN), and tried to detonate them on board.
- In a December 29 Russia Today interview, Webster Tarpley
called him a "protected (CIA) patsy (for a) provocation designed to
facilitate US meddling in (Yemen's) civil war (pitting) the Saudi-backed
central government against the Iranian-backed Shiite Houthi rebels,"
being bombed by US and Saudi air strikes.
- Abdulmutallab was denied a UK entrance visa, wasn't on
a No Fly List, paid cash for a one-way ticket to Detroit, checked no luggage,
had a US visa but no passport, and was helped on board by a "well-dressed
Indian" to facilitate the likely false flag plot using him as a convenient
- The Wayne Madsen Report called the incident a false flag
operation "carried out by (the) intelligence tripartite grouping of
CIA, Mossad, and India's Research Analysis Wing (RAW)." Earlier they
conspired with "former Afghan KHAD intelligence agents to assassinate
former Pakistani Prime Minister Benezir Bhutto....to destabilize Pakistan"
for planned balkanization, the same scheme planned for Afghanistan and
already implemented in Iraq.
- Madsen explained that Abdulmutallab's PETN was "weak,
technically deficient," failed to go off properly, and if so would
have had the impact of an exploding fire cracker.
- Madsen also reported that the same tripartite CIA, Mossad,
and RAW alliance was behind the November 2008 Mumbai, India attacks, killing
nearly 200 and wounding hundreds more. Webster Tarpley said almost for
certain Pakistan's ISI radical wing was involved, and that Indian and Mossad
operatives conduct regular cross-border missions into Pakistan from India
- (6) Make of it what you will, but in Miami on January
11, 2010 (one day before Haiti's earthquake), the Pentagon's US Southern
Command (SOUTHCOM) simulated a hurricane striking Haiti in preparation
for subsequent measures to be implemented, that, in fact, would be a carefully
planned military operation for occupation, control, and planned plunder.
- Also, Deputy SOUTHCOM head, General PK Keen, was in Haiti
when the quake struck, ready to assume command when it did and use a communication
tool called the Transnational Information Sharing Cooperation project (TISC),
linking other nations and NGOs with the Pentagon and US government to facilitate
measures to be implemented, none to help Haitians.
- Final Comments
- As long as imperial ambitions and rogue agencies like
CIA and their foreign counterparts exist, false flag operations will be
commonplace, the May 1 New York one the latest example, and maybe a forerunner
of what's to come - another 9/11 some believe, far worse than the first
one, perhaps involving a nuclear incident in a US city. Then using it as
a pretext for more war and to divert attention from America's deepening
economic crisis, likely to erupt in protests because of Washington's indifference
to millions affected.
- Whether or not the direst predictions occur will only
be known in the fullness of time. In the meantime, stay tuned for more
updates as events unfold, and be prepared for the worst.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
email@example.com. Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com
and listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the
Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays
at 10AM US Central time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs
are archived for easy listening.