- Argentina - UFO Activity In Salta Remains Constant
- Source www.visionfederal.com and El Tribuno
- Argentina - UFO Over Cabra Corra, Salta
- By Rafael Franco Sábado
- SALTA - On Saturday at around 19:42 hours, Victor Cintioni,
61, a businessman from Salta, photographed a strange object in the sky
with his small cellular phone while he fished from a catamaran at the Cabra
Corral reservoir. The image shows a glowing disk surrounded by an intense
red halo, which he classified as a UFO.
- "The object appeared from the sector to the west
of the water's surface, over the mountains of the Cachi region," said
- His sighting coincided with a group of Spanish and Argentinean
tourists publicly reporting that on that same day and nearly at the same
time, a similar object had been reported on the outskirts of Cachi.
- "On Saturday I was fishing aboard El Delfín,
my friend Pablo's catamaran. The fish weren't biting and the sunset was
spectacular, so I started to photograph the landscape. I asked the helmsman
to take a shot with my cellphone while I arranged the fishing rods. Since
Pablo isn't very knowledegable about this sort of technology, he took a
few pictures and returned the cellphone for me. I immediately checked the
photos he'd taken and the ones I'd taken to see how they'd come out. You
can imagine my surprise when that strange image appeared, one that we had
not noticed directly. In the end we agreed that it was a reflection, because
only a tiny red dot could be seen on the phone's screen."
- Cintioni told El Tribuno: "Imagine my surprise when
I downloaded the photos to a computer and saw the image with greater clarity.
The strange object became visible, with all the characteristics of a UFO.
This is my first experience of the sort," he explained.
- "I was going to leave it at that, but when I saw
the story of the Spanish tourists in Cachi, describing the apparition nearly
at the same time at which I took my photo, I told myself that it was too
much of a coincidence. And setting aside my incredulity and skepticism,
I made my discovery known."
- He added: "This was not an easy decision to make,
as I was afraid that people would think I was a nut or a teller of tall
tales. I want to make it clear that there is neither trickery nor deceit
here. This is how things happened. I'm an adult, serious person, and incapable
of telling stories for the hell of it."
- It should be noted that Cintoni's evidence consisted
of photographs printed on paper and the original digital file taken by
the cellphone, a normal device lacking high definition or high technology."
- (Translation (c) 2010 S. Corrales,IHU. Special thanks
to Guillermo Gimenez, Planeta UFO)
- Ecuador - UFOs Or Balloons?
- INEXPLICATA Contributing Editor Guillermo Gimenez is
kicking off 2010 with his first UFO report, this time regarding the alleged
presence of UFOs in Ecuador on January 02, 2010 at 13:00 hours. According
to Ecuador's El Tiempo, the unexpected presence of luminous objects in
the afternoon sky prompted people to take to the streets for a better look.
Drivers pulled their vehicles over to see the unexplained aerial phenomena
and engage fellow citizens in conversation.
- One witness, Segundo Tapia, claimed having seen two lights
flying from one direction to another in the blue sky, while another witness,
Mariana Montenegro, described her own sighting as a "star with sharpened
points". The newspaper adds that Millennialist comments were also
made, citing Biblical passages, while others associated the sighting with
the UFO phenomenon.
- However, at 14:30, several balloons, possibly launched
from the community of Azogues, honoring la Virgen de la Nube (Our Lady
of the Cloud) were seen to lose altitude.
- Cuba - A New Year's UFO Over Havana?
- Every culture has its own customs for welcoming the new
year, and a widespread Cuban custom consists of hurling a bucket of water
out the door or window to wash away "negative influences" from
the previous year. Was a UFO captured during one such activity?
- Virgilio Sánchez-Ocejo of the Miami UFO Center
has received word from Cuban ufologist Hugo Parrado Franco of
an object videotaped by Yoani Sánchez as she endeavored
"to record the last moon of 2009 and and the first sun of 2010, seen
from my balcony, with a bucket of water included, so as to wash away all
the evils that 2009 has brought us."
- The round object, writes Sanchez-Ocejo, can be seen to
the right of the Moon for a matter of seconds, as the camera zooms on the
- The video can be seen at: