- Barack Hussein Obama's June 4th speech in Cairo was awaited
with keen anticipation by a global population of 1.3 billion Muslims outraged
at the abuse that Zionism has long inflicted on its neighbors-with U.S.
support. Ten weeks have since passed. The potentially positive impact of
his remarks was immediately offset when he appeared the next day at the
Buchenwald death camp in Germany. The timing of that Holocaust photo-op
resolved all doubts about who stage-manages this presidency.
- Media attention immediately shifted back to Israeli Prime
Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. In the lead-up to the Cairo speech, Obama's
White House handlers enabled this right-winger to proclaim-from the White
House-that peace with the Palestinians ranked a distant second
to Tel Aviv's concerns about Iran. Soon after the Cairo speech, Netanyahu
reluctantly referenced a "two state solution"-though only under
duress from Middle East envoy George Mitchell. Obama quickly portrayed
as an "important step forward" this grudging referral to an agreed-to
- In truth, Netanyahu announced several giant steps backward.
Rather than agree to negotiate a two state solution, he set preconditions
certain to preclude two states, leaving nothing to negotiate. Again negating
the potentially positive impact from Cairo, Obama praised the Israeli leader
even as he insisted that Palestinians recognize Israel as a "Jewish
state" where Jerusalem as "Israel's capital will remain united."
- Netanyahu also insisted on Israel's right to colonize even
more Palestinian land by expanding the very settlements destined to preclude
a viable Palestinian state. By applauding this defiant speech, Obama inflamed
the very conditions that have precluded peace in the Middle East for more
than six decades. In the ensuing ten weeks, Netanyahu's stance has only
further hardened-with Obama's tacit approval.
- Article continues at: http://criminalstate.com/2009/08/appeasing-israel-at-what-cost/
- or http://intifada-palestine.com/2009/08/25/appeasing-israel-at-what-cost/ Word
doc. version attached.
- Leave a comment on www.criminalstate.com where you can
also order Guilt By Association, the first release in the Criminal State
- Jeff Gates