- For over 14 years, Daniel Estulin has investigated and
researched the Bilderberg Group's far-reaching influence on business and
finance, global politics, war and peace, and control of the world's resources
and its money.
- His book, "The True Story of the Bilderberg Group,"
was published in 2005 and is now updated in a new 2009 edition. He states
that in 1954, "the most powerful men in the world met for the first
time" in Oosterbeek, Netherlands, "debated the future of the
world," and decided to meet annually in secret. They called themselves
the Bilderberg Group with a membership representing a who's who of world
power elites, mostly from America, Canada, and Western Europe with familiar
names like David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger, Bill Clinton, Gordon Brown,
Angela Merkel, Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Larry Summers, Tim Geithner,
Lloyd Blankfein, George Soros, Donald Rumsfeld, Rupert Murdoch, other heads
of state, influential senators, congressmen and parliamentarians, Pentagon
and NATO brass, members of European royalty, selected media figures, and
invited others - some quietly by some accounts like Barack Obama and many
of his top officials.
- Always well represented are top figures from the Council
on Foreign Relations (CFR), IMF, World Bank, Trilateral Commission, EU,
and powerful central bankers from the Federal Reserve, the ECB's Jean-Claude
Trichet, and Bank of England's Mervyn King.
- For over half a century, no agenda or discussion topics
became public nor is any press coverage allowed. The few invited fourth
estate attendees and their bosses are sworn to secrecy. Nonetheless, Estulin
undertook "an investigative journey" that became his life's work.
- "Slowly, one by one, I have penetrated the layers
of secrecy surrounding the Bilderberg Group, but I could not have done
this withot help of 'conscientious objectors' from inside, as well as outside,
the Group's membership." As a result, he keeps their names confidential.
- Whatever its early mission, the Group is now "a
shadow world government....threaten(ing) to take away our right to direct
our own destinies (by creating) a disturbing reality" very much harming
the public's welfare. In short, Bilderbergers want to supplant individual
nation-state sovereignty with an all-powerful global government, corporate
controlled, and check-mated by militarized enforcement.
- "Imagine a private club where presidents, prime
ministers, international bankers and generals rub shoulders, where gracious
royal chaperones ensure everyone gets along, and where the people running
the wars, markets, and Europe (and America) say what they never dare say
- Early in its history, Bilderbergers decided "to
create an 'Aristocracy of purpose' between Europe and the United States
(to reach consensus to rule the world on matters of) policy, economics,
and (overall) strategy." NATO was essential for their plans - to ensure
"perpetual war (and) nuclear blackmail" to be used as necessary.
Then proceed to loot the planet, achieve fabulous wealth and power, and
crush all challengers to keep it.
- Along with military dominance, controlling the world's
money is crucial for with it comes absolute control as the powerful 19th
century Rothschild family understood. As the patriarch Amschel Rothschild
once said: "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who
makes its laws."
- Bilderbergers comprise the world's most exclusive club.
No one buys their way in. Only the Group's Steering Committee decides whom
to invite, and in all cases participants are adherents to One World Order
governance run by top power elites.
- According to Steering Committee rules:
- "the invited guests must come alone; no wives, girlfriends,
husbands or boyfriends. Personal assistants (meaning security, bodyguards,
CIA or other secret service protectors) cannot attend the conference and
must eat in a separate hall. (Also) The guests are explicitly forbidden
from giving interviews to journalists" or divulge anything that goes
on in meetings.
- Host governments provide overall security to keep away
outsiders. One-third of attendees are political figures. The others are
from industry, finance, academia, labor and communications.
- Meeting procedure is by Chatham House Rules letting attendees
freely express their views in a relaxed atmosphere knowing nothing said
will be quoted or revealed to the public. Meetings "are always frank,
but do not always conclude with consensus."
- Membership consists of annual attendees (around 80 of
the world's most powerful) and others only invited occasionally because
of their knowledge or involvement in relevant topics. Those most valued
are asked back, and some first-timers are chosen for their possible later
- Arkansas governor Bill Clinton, for example, who attended
in 1991. "There, David Rockefeller told (him) why the North American
Free Trade Agreement....was a Bilderberg priority and that the group needed
him to support it. The next year, Clinton was elected president,"
and on January 1, 1994 NAFTA took effect. Numerous other examples are similar,
including who gets chosen for powerful government, military and other key
- Bilderberg Objectives
- The Group's grand design is for "a One World Government
(World Company) with a single, global marketplace, policed by one world
army, and financially regulated by one 'World (Central) Bank' using one
global currency." Their "wish list" includes:
- -- "one international identify (observing) one set
of universal values;"
- -- centralized control of world populations by "mind
control;" in other words, controlling world public opinion;
- -- a New World Order with no middle class, only "rulers
and servants (serfs)," and, of course, no democracy;
- -- "a zero-growth society" without prosperity
or progress, only greater wealth and power for the rulers;
- -- manufactured crises and perpetual wars;
- -- absolute control of education to program the public
mind and train those chosen for various roles;
- -- "centralized control of all foreign and domestic
policies;" one size fits all globally;
- -- using the UN as a de facto world government imposing
a UN tax on "world citizens;"
- -- expanding NAFTA and WTO globally;
- -- making NATO a world military;
- -- imposing a universal legal system; and
- -- a global "welfare state where obedient slaves
will be rewarded and non-conformists targeted for extermination."
- Secret Bilderberg Partners
- In the US, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is
dominant. One of its 1921 founders, Edward Mandell House, was Woodrow Wilson's
chief advisor and rumored at the time to be the nation's real power from
1913 - 1921. On his watch, the Federal Reserve Act passed in December 1913
giving money creation power to bankers, and the 16th Amendment was ratified
in February creating the federal income tax to provide a revenue stream
to pay for government debt service.
- From its beginnings, CFR was committed to "a one-world
government based on a centralized global financing system...." Today,
CFR has thousands of influential members (including important ones in the
corporate media) but keeps a low public profile, especially regarding its
- Historian Arthur Schlesinger, Jr. called it a "front
organization (for) the heart of the American Establishment." It meets
privately and only publishes what it wishes the public to know. Its members
are only Americans.
- The Trilateral Commission (discussed below) is a similar
group that "brings together global power brokers." Founded by
David Rockefeller, he's also a leading Bilderberger and CFR Chairman Emeritus,
organizations he continues to finance and support.
- Their past and current members reflect their power:
- -- nearly all presidential candidates of both parties;
- -- leading senators and congressmen;
- -- key members of the fourth estate and their bosses;
- -- top officials of the FBI, CIA, NSA, defense establishment,
and other leading government agencies, including state, commerce, the judiciary
- For its part, "CFR has served as a virtual employment
agency for the federal government under both Democrats and Republicans."
Whoever occupies the White House, "CFR's power and agenda" have
been unchanged since its 1921 founding.
- It advocates a global superstate with America and other
nations sacrificing their sovereignty to a central power. CFR founder Paul
Warburg was a member of Roosevelt's "brain trust." In 1950, his
son, James, told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee: "We shall
have world government whether or not you like it - by conquest or consent."
- Later at the 1992 Bilderberg Group meeting, Henry Kissinger
- "Today, Americans would be outraged if UN troops
entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow, they will be grateful.
This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from
beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence.
It is then that all people of the world will plead with world leaders to
deliver them from this evil....individual rights will be willingly relinquished
for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by their world government."
- CFR planned a New World Order before 1942, and the "UN
began with a group of CFR members called the Informal Agenda Group."
They drafted the original UN proposal, presented it to Franklin Roosevelt
who announced it publicly the next day. At its 1945 founding, CFR members
comprised over 40 of the US delegates.
- According to Professor G. William Domhoff, author of
Who Rules America, the CFR operates in "small groups of about twenty-five,
who bring together leaders from the six conspirator categories (industrialists,
financiers, ideologues, military, professional specialists - lawyers, medical
doctors, etc. - and organized labor) for detailed discussions of specific
topics in the area of foreign affairs." Domhoff added:
- "The Council on Foreign Relations, while not financed
by government, works so closely with it that it is difficult to distinguish
Council action stimulated by government from autonomous actions. (Its)
most important sources of income are leading corporations and major foundations."
The Rockefeller, Carnegie, and Ford Foundations to name three, and they're
directed by key corporate officials.
- Dominant Media Partners
- Former CBS News president Richard Salant (1961 - 64 and
1966 - 79) explained the major media's role: "Our job is to give people
not what they want, but what we decide they ought to have."
- CBS and other media giants control everything we see,
hear and read - through television, radio, newspapers, magazines, books,
films, and large portions of the Internet. Their top officials and some
journalists attend Bilderberg meetings - on condition they report nothing.
- The Rockefeller family wields enormous power, even though
its reigning patriarch, David, will be 94 on June 12 and surely near the
end of his dominance. However, for years "the Rockefellers (led by
David) gained great influence over the media. (With it) the family gained
sway over public opinion. With the pulse of public opinion, they gained
deep influence in politics. And with this politics of subtle corruption,
they are taking control of the nation" and now aim for total world
- The Bilderberger-Rockefeller scheme is to make their
views "so appealing (by camouflaging them) that they become public
policy (and can) pressure world leaders into submitting to the 'needs of
the Masters of the Universe.' " The "free world press" is
their instrument to disseminate "agreed-upon propaganda."
- CFR Cabinet Control
- "The National Security Act of 1947 established the
office of Secretary of Defense." Since then, 14 DOD secretaries have
been CFR members.
- Since 1940, every Secretary of State, except James Byrnes,
has been a CFR member and/or Trilateral Commission (TC) one.
- For the past 80 years, "Virtually every key US National
Security and Foreign Policy Advisor has been a CFR member.
- Nearly all top generals and admirals have been CFR members.
- Many presidential candidates were/are CFR members, including
Herbert Hoover, Adlai Stevenson, Dwight Eisenhower, John Kennedy, Richard
Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter (also a charter TC member), George HW
Bush, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and John McCain.
- Numerous CIA directors were/are CFR members, including
Richard Helmes, James Schlesinger, William Casey, William Webster, Robert
Gates, James Woolsey, John Deutsch, George Tenet, Porter Goss, Michael
Hayden, and Leon Panetta.
- Many Treasury Secretaries were/are CFR members, including
Douglas Dillon, George Schultz, William Simon, James Baker, Nicholas Brady,
Lloyd Bentsen, Robert Rubin, Henry Paulson, and Tim Geithner.
- When presidents nominate Supreme Court candidates, the
CFR's "Special Group, Secret Team" or advisors vet them for
acceptability. Presidents, in fact, are told who to appoint, including
designees to the High Court and most lower ones.
- Programming the Public Mind
- According to sociologist Hadley Cantril in his 1967 book,
The Human Dimension - Experiences in Policy Research:
- Government "Psycho-political operations are propaganda
campaigns designed to create perpetual tension and to manipulate different
groups of people to accept the particular climate of opinion the CFR seeks
to achieve in the world."
- Canadian writer Ken Adachi (1929 - 1989) added:
- "What most Americans believe to be 'Public Opinion'
is in reality carefully crafted and scripted propaganda designed to elicit
a desired behavioral response from the public."
- And noted Australian academic and activist Alex Carey
(1922 - 1988) explained the three most important 20th century developments
- "The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the
growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power
- Web of Control
- Numerous think tanks, foundations, the major media, and
other key organizations are staffed with CFR members. Most of its life-members
also belong to the TC and Bilderberg Group, operate secretly, and wield
enormous power over US and world affairs.
- The Rockefeller-Founded Trilateral Commission (TC)
- On page 405 of his Memoirs, David Rockfeller wrote:
- "Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal
working against the best interests of the United States characterizing
my family and me as 'internationalists' and conspiring with others around
the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure
- one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am
proud of it."
- In alliance with Bilderbergers, the TC also "plays
a vital role in the New World Order's scheme to use wealth, concentrated
in the hands of the few, to exert world control." TC members share
common views and all relate to total unchallengeable global dominance.
- Founded in 1973 and headquartered in Washington, its
powerful US, EU and East Asian members seek its operative founding goal
- a "New International Economic Order," now simply a "New
World Order" run by global elites from these three parts of the world
with lesser members admitted from other countries.
- According to TC's web site, "each regional group
has a chairman and deputy chairman, who all together constitute the leadership
of the Committee. The Executive Committee draws together a further 36 individuals
from the wider membership," proportionately representing the US, EU,
and East Asia in its early years, now enlarged to be broadly global.
- Committee members meet several times annually to discuss
and coordinate their work. The Executive Committee chooses members, and
at any time around 350 belong for a three-year renewable period. Everyone
is a consummate insider with expertise in business, finance, politics,
the military, or the media, including past presidents, secretaries of state,
international bankers, think tank and foundation executives, university
presidents and selected academics, and former senators and congressmen,
- Although its annual reports are available for purchase,
its inner workings, current goals, and operations are secret - with good
reason. Its objectives harm the public so mustn't be revealed. Trilaterals
over Washington author Antony Sutton wrote:
- "this group of private citizens is precisely organized
in a manner that ensures its collective views have significant impact on
- In her book, Trilateralism: The Trilateral Commission
and Elite Planning for World Management, Holly Sklar wrote:
- Powerful figures in America, Europe, and East Asia let
"the rich....safeguard the interests of Western capitalism in an explosive
world - probably by discouraging protectionism, nationalism, or any response
that would pit the elites of one against the elites of another," in
their common quest for global dominance.
- Trilateralist Zbigniew Brzezinski (TC's co-founder) wrote
in his Between Two Ages - America's Role in the Technotronic Era:
- "people, governments and economies of all nations
must serve the needs of multinational banks and corporations. (The Constitution
is) inadequate....the old framework of international politics, with their
sphere of influence....the fiction of sovereignty....is clearly no longer
compatible with reality...."
- TC today is now global with members from countries as
diverse as Argentina, Ukraine, Israel, Jordan, Brazil, Turkey, China and
Russia. In his Trilaterals Over America, Antony Sutton believes that TC's
aim is to collaborate with Bilderbergers and CFR in "establishing
public policy objectives to be implemented by governments worldwide."
He added that "Trilateralists have rejected the US Constitution and
the democratic political process." In fact, TC was established to
counter a "crisis in democracy" - too much of it that had to
- An official TC report was fearful about "the increased
popular participation in and control over established social, political,
and economic institutions and especially a reaction against the concentration
of power of Congress and of state and local government."
- To address this, media control was essential to exert
"restraint on what newspapers may publish (and TV and radio broadcast)."
Then according to Richard Gardner in the July 1974 issue of Foreign Affairs
(a CFR publication):
- CFR's leadership must make "an end run around national
sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece," until the very notion disappears
from public discourse.
- Bilderberg/CFR/Trilateralist success depends on finding
"a way to get us to surrender our liberties in the name of some common
threat or crisis. The foundations, educational institutions, and research
think tanks supported by (these organizations) oblige by financing so-called
'studies' which are then used to justify their every excess. The excuses
vary, but the target is always individual liberty. Our liberty" and
- Bilderbergers, Trilateralists and CFR members want "an
all-encompassing monopoly" - over government, money, industry, and
property that's "self-perpetuating and eternal." In Confessions
of a Monopolist (1906), Frederick C. Howe explained its workings in practice:
- "The rules of big business: Get a monopoly; let
Society work for you. So long as we see all international revolutionaries
and all international capitalists as implacable enemies of one another,
then we miss a crucial point....a partnership between international monopoly
capitalism and international revolutionary socialism is for their mutual
- In the Rockefeller File, Gary Allen wrote:
- "By the late nineteenth century, the inner sanctums
of Wall Street understood that the most efficient way to gain a monopoly
was to say it was for the 'public good' and 'public interest.' "
- David Rockefeller learned the same thing from his father,
John D., Jr. who learned it from his father, John D. Sr. They hated competition
and relentlessly strove to eliminate it - for David on a global scale through
a New World Order.
- In the 1970s and 1980s, Trilateralists and CFR members
collaborated on the latter's "1980 Project," the largest ever
CFR initiative to steer world events "toward a particular desirable
future outcome (involving) the utter disintegration of the economy."
Why so is the question?
- Because by the 1950s and 1960s, worldwide industrial
growth meant more competition. It was also a model to be followed, and
"had to be strangled in the cradle" or at least greatly contained.
In America as well beginning in the 1980s. The result has been a transfer
of wealth from the poor to the rich, shrinkage of the middle class, and
plan for its eventual demise.
- The North American Union (NAU)
- The idea emerged during the Reagan administration in
the early 1980s. David Rockefeller, George Schultz and Paul Volker told
the president that Canada and America could be politically and economically
merged over the next 15 years except for one problem - French-speaking
Quebec. Their solution - elect a Bilderberg-friendly prime minister, separate
Quebec from the other provinces, then make Canada America's 51st state.
It almost worked, but not quite when a 1995 secession referendum was defeated
- 50.56% to 49.44%, but not the idea of merger.
- At a March 23, 2005 Waco, Texas meeting, attended by
George Bush, Mexico's Vincente Fox, and Canada's Paul Martin, the Security
and and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) was launched, also known as the North
American Union (NAU). It was a secretive Independent Task Force of North
America agreement - a group organized by the Canadian Council of Chief
Executives (CCCE), the Mexican Council on Foreign Relations, and CFR with
the following aims:
- -- circumventing the legislatures of three countries
and their constitutions;
- -- suppressing public knowledge or consideration; and
- -- proposing greater US, Canadian and Mexican economic,
political, social, and security integration with secretive working groups
formed to devise non-debatable, not voted on agreements to be binding and
- In short - a corporate coup d'etat against the sovereignty
of three nations enforced by hard line militarization to suppress opposition.
- If enacted, it will create a borderless North America,
corporate controlled, without barriers to trade or capital flows for business
giants, mainly US ones and much more - America's access to vital resources,
especially oil and Canada's fresh water.
- Secretly, over 300 SPP initiatives were crafted to harmonize
the continent's policies on energy, food, drugs, security, immigration,
manufacturing, the environment, and public health along with militarizing
three nations for enforcement.
- SPP represents another step toward the Bilderberg/Trilateralist/CFR
goal for World Government, taking it one step at a time. A "United
Europe" was another, the result of various treaties and economic agreements:
- -- the December 1951 six-nation European Coal and Steel
- -- the March 1957 six-nation Treaty of Rome establishing
the European Economic Community (EEC);
- also the European Atomic Energy Commission (EAEC) by
a second Treaty of Rome;
- -- the October 1957 European Court of Justice to settle
regional trade disputes;
- -- the May 1960 seven-nation European Free Trade Association
- -- the July 1967 European Economic Community (EEC) merging
the ECSC, EAEC and EEC together in one organization;
- -- the 1968 European Customs Union to abolish duties
and establish uniform imports taxing among EEC nations;
- -- the 1978 European Currency Unit (ECU);
- -- the February 1986 Single European Act revision of
the 1957 Treaty of Rome; it established the objective of forming a Common
Market by December 31, 1992;
- -- the February 1992 Maastricht Treaty creating the EU
on November 1, 1993; and
- -- the name euro was adopted in December 1995; it was
introduced in January 1999 replacing the European Currency Unit (ECU);
euros began circulating on January 2002; they're now the official currency
of 16 of the 27 EU states.
- Over half a century, the above steps cost EU members
their sovereignty "as some 70 to 80 per cent of the laws passed in
Europe involve just rubber stamping of regulations already written by nameless
bureaucrats in 'working groups' in Brussels or Luxembourg."
- The EU and NAU share common features:
- -- advocacy from a influential spokesperson;
- -- an economic and later political union;
- -- hard line security, and for Europe, ending wars on
the continent between EU member states;
- -- establishment of a collective consciousness in place
- -- the blurring of borders and creation of a "supra-government,"
- -- secretive arrangements to mask real objectives; and
- -- the creation of a common currency and eventual global