- Our food industry, at all, is a lie wrapped in a distortion
of half-disclosed truths. A ravening beast of reptilian sociopathy, it
is abundantly facilitated and very well employed to prosecute profit at
the exclusion of any other sensibility. ...Any other, reader.
- Yes, and to prosecute that very specific sensibility
at the unhealthful expense of the consumer, our "food" industry
employs misinformation, disinformation and bad information in just that
time-honored triad of ready conspiracy and gleeful deceit. Yes Virginia,
"they," with the full support of a corrupted mainstream, its
hijacked government, and assorted institutions & media saturators...
- The best way to tell a lie, of course, is to use "Half-Truths..."
or use truths to prop up a falsehood. Say! Isn't this exactly what "Dieticians"
and all these errant Poly Food Oil producers, like Grapeseed Oil, use to
trick you into thinking that, not only is their POLY-unsaturated Grapeseed
Oil (GSO) a healthful oil - but that it is oil even superior to MONO-unsaturated
- More patent misdirection? The GSO people especially like
to throw around that largely irrelevant and misleading "High Smoke-Point"
crap to muddy the nutritional water. Claiming superiority based on such
is far, far, far from remotely legitimate... where it is not a foul hubris,
a societal tragedy, and a stupefying malfeasance.
- As a map and to be fair, I'm going to direct most of
my contrast & comparison to the more expensive and better quality Cold
(<120 degrees F) Expeller-Pressed (Unrefined) Grapeseed Oil - after
a brief explanation of the kinds of Refined Poly-unsaturated Oils (mostly
Soy & Corn) that you buy at the grocery store. Let's roll.
- Evilly Unhealthful "Poly" Food Oils:
- Dieticians blithely tell us that both Poly-unsaturated
& Mono-unsaturated Food Oils are healthful because they are both beautiful
liquid oils at room temp. This is complete CRAP, where not an injurious
insult! It violates Uncle Al's "FAT RULE #1"...
- ..."A Saturated Fat is no more necessarily BAD because
it is solid - than an Oil is necessarily GOOD because it is liquid."
- Solid-at-room-temp, Saturated Fat (SatFat) & liquid
Mono-unsaturated Oils like Olive Oil are very stable! They don't easily
oxidize & go rancid because the Mono (One) carbon-carbon double-bond
is chemically non-reactive... oh yeah, and wholesome, undamaged SatFat
has no delicate double-bonds at all! SatFat, actually, is your bodies
Fat-of-Choice for most jobs.
- On the other hand, Poly Oil (Poly means 'many' carbon-carbon
double-bonds) like Soy, Corn & yes, Grapeseed oil with 2 double-bonds...
has a reactive unpaired Electron! Consequently, it is Unstable & will
go rancid easily with exposure to heat, air, light & time.
- Most grocery store Poly oils like Corn or Soy -universally
if outrageously called "Vegetable-Oil"- start going rancid immediately
due to the air & hi-heat of commercial pressing, so they must be RBDed
(refined, bleached & deodorized) with even HIGHER heat to destroy the
rancid smell... but this hi-heat deodorization also pretty much destroys
the Oil itself!
- This "dead," RBDed, and nutritionally weak
oil will equate to a long shelf life at room temp after the bottle is opened
& it will smell fresh straight from the store, but in fact, is already
rancid & teaming with cancer-causing/heart-stopping free-radicals called
- These free-radicals attack cell membranes, red blood
cells, and cause DNA/RNA damage. This contributes to resulting mutations
in tissue, blood & skin! The preceding can cause or exacerbate virtually
any disease, reader, especially Cancer & Heart Disease!
- See? RBDed Poly Food Oils should never be used for ANYTHING!
This pretty much includes every grocery store Food Oil- except Olive oil.
- I add that some Poly Seed-Oils like Grapeseed Oil are
very low-yield oils, so toxic solvents like Hexane are routinely used to
suck out enough oil to be commercially profitable. Unfortunately, some
of the Hexane is always left behind, which is a shame, eh? Right... so
avoid using these oils!
- OK, then, but what about the "good-stuff" (sneer
quotes) poly oils... Unrefined, Hexane-Free, Cold Expeller-Pressed Poly
Food Oils like some of the, necessarily, fairly expensive Grapeseed oils?
These expeller-pressed Poly-Oils can start out directly after pressing
with minimum oxidation, it's touted, so they are portrayed as safe and
healthful oils which can be used for salads or frying ... "especially
when you consider they have a very high Smoke-Pt." No!
- See, this is where misdirection & several half-truths
are used to confuse folks! As shown, these 1/2 truths run from "almost-true"
to complete "idiotic-silliness." Here are some promised examples
of this deception with regard to the Unrefined, Expeller-Pressed Grapeseed
- 1/2 Truth # 1.. "GSO has a much higher Smoke-Point
(SmPt) than Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)".
- ...No! ....Well, Yes, but watch close as this gets tricky.
Yes, GSO does have a higher Smoke-Pt. than Olive Oil because GSO has few
impurities & a natural substance that raises the Smoke-Point, <BUT>
...isn't it errantly implied that GSO has even less oxidation at temp's
below the SmPt of Olive Oil, so Grapeseed Oil is safer as the temp increases
above room temp for cooking?
- Yes, it is so errantly implied! Though, contrary to the
preceding implication, GSO is an unstable and potentially toxic POLY-Oil
(as per above) beginning to Oxidize the second you start to raise the temp
for cooking! The high smoke point is irrelevant; you still fry your food
in "toxic waste" even if you stay well below the SmPt!
- The stable MONO-Oil (like Olive Oil) may have a lower
SmPt, but it will NOT rapidly oxidize like the highly reactive POLY-Oils
as the heat goes up. Consequently, you should never cook with Unrefined
PolyFood Oils... of any stripe or quality!
- Additionally, these Unrefined POLY-Oils like GSO will
rapidly go rancid (after the bottle has been opened) just sitting around
at room temp! They should be refrigerated... unlike Stable MONO Olive
Oil that will stay good for months at room temp & even years if it
is a very cool, dark place.
- 1/2 Truth # 2.. "GSO is very healthful because it
is high in the EFA (Essential Fatty Acid), LA (linoleic acid) at a wonderful,
whopping 70%." Conversely, the GSO people trumpet, the "Mono"
Omega-9 (Olive Oil) only has a measly 8% of the "Poly" Essential
Fatty Acid, LA. "Essential," by the way, means you MUST HAVE
IT- but your body cannot make it, so it must come from food.
- The above, reader, is a "true statement" that
is COMPLETE wackiness... watch how the reptiles make their magic...
- ...Yes, the Omega-6 (LA) is one of the 2 Poly fatty-acids
that are "Essential", the other being Omega-3 (ALA) -- but, unlike
the Omega-3 (ALA), that we need more of... we DON'T need more LA in our
lives...we need LESS... much, much less in fact!
- This is because a too-much-of-a-good-thing-even-essential
Omega-6 LA is very unhealthful <BUT> because this "Simple"
(as opposed to "Complex") oil is already found in EVERY form
of food... to include fruit -astonishingly- we never run short of "Simple",
ubiquitous & cheap (albeit "Essential"), Omega-6, LA!
- Mother-Nature abundantly insured we get plenty of UNDAMAGED
Omega-6 (LA) in nuts, seeds, veggies, fruit & meat without having to
resort to over-dosing on unhealthful, potentially toxic Omega-6 (LA) Poly
food oils, reader, a food item very rarely consumed at all by lay humanity
just a hundred years ago!
- See reader, because we are already inundated with unnecessary
Omega-6 (LA), from GSO, Soy, Corn & Processed Foods... that so-called
"measly" 8% Omega-6 (LA), naturally found in Olive Oil is, in
fact, one of its most healthful features...
- You see, we just don't need more "Simple" Poly
"FOOD-OIL" (LA)... what we need is more "Complex" Poly
"MEDICINAL-Oil" (GLA), like found in Black Currant, Borage,
Primrose, Hemp, Seeds & Nuts.
- Also we need more Omega-3's (like found in Flaxseed,
Fish, Krill & green-leafy veggies).
- It remains! "Simple" Omega-6 Oils (LA), especially
the excessively high ones, like Grapeseed at 70% Poly, Sunflower at 75%
Poly & Safflower at 80% Poly Oil, do all sorts of "BAD" things
- like the following :
- Bad #1 -- High Omega-6 causes the critical EFA (Essential
Fatty Acid) Ratio (the ratio between Omega-6 & Omega-3 Fatty-Acids)
to be at a heart-stopping 20 or 30 to1 Ratio instead of the healthful 4
to1 (or less) Ratio. For every increase above 4 to1 the death rate increases.
- FYI: 100 years ago with no processed foods to speak of,
remember, people consumed, on average, 1 pound of Omega-6 Food-Oil per
year ...now we average 75 pounds of Omega-6 annually.
- Quickie fat lesson: The reason the Omega-6's & 3's
are "ESSENTIAL" and are the 2 Fatty-Acids used for the CRITICAL
EFA Ratio (& not the Omega-9, like Olive Oil or other fats) is because
there are 2 EFA Prostaglandin Pathways (PW's) that are found in EVERY cell
of your body.
- These pathways use "Simple" Omega-6 & "Simple"
Omega-3 to "cascade" down their individual chemical paths to
become ever more "Complex" which makes the new, resulting Fatty-Acids
more powerful & exponentially more healthful.
- The 2 PW's lead to 3 different Prostaglandins which are
THE "Super-Hormones" controlling virtually everything that goes
on in your body, but in particular the Big-4: Inflammation, Platelet-stickiness,
Blood Pressure & Allergic Reactions.
- The two "slow-moving" Prostaglandins, the Series-1
& the Series-3 (wrongly called the "good" Prostaglandins)
are always trying to be "undone" by the single "hi-speed",
Series-2 Prostaglandin (wrongly called the "Bad" Prostaglandin).
They are not GOOD or BAD...they just are what they are, reader. Necessary
- Virtually everything you stick in your mouth effects
this prostaglandin balance... especially Omega-6 & 3 Fatty-Acids...but
many others that are good, bad or both.
- You can easily bring down your EFA Ratio by getting Omega-6
(Soy, Corn, Canola, Grapeseed, etc.) OUT OF YOUR LIFE & switching to
Omega-9 (Extra-Virgin Olive or Macadamia Nut Oils)! See, all the Omega-9
in the world has virtually NO effect on the EFA Ratio.
- Remember, it is ONLY the 6's & 3's that dramatically
affect the ratio in question.
- To further lower your EFA Ratio, increase your Omega-3
ALA (alpha linolenic acid) with Fresh-ground Flaxseed, Hulled-Raw Hempseed,
Black Currant Seed Oil & green-leafy veggies.
- So, by reducing your Omega-6 & raising the Omega-3
you can get the EFA Ratio down to about 4 to1 <BUT> if you go "Full-Tilt-Boogey"
and then add a few grams of "Complex" Omega-3's from Krill or
Fish Oil you might get the ratio down a little closer to an even more desirable
1 to1 Ratio...Like the Inuit (Eskimos) with lowest % of heart disease on
the planet, while gorging on blubber (SatFat) your brain-dead dieticians
say will kill you.
- Bad #2 -- Excessive consumption of Omega-6 LA uses up
all of the critical D6D enzyme, so there is none left to start the "Simple"
Omega-3 ALA "cascading" down its Prostaglandin Pathway to convert
to the POWERFUL "Complex" Omega-3's (EPA & DHA) that a person
might normally get from Fish, Krill Oil & Eggs.
- Consequently, Omega-6 LA Oil is especially bad for Vegetarians
because this conversion is the only way they can get the more Complex Omega-3's,
which are in fact the real "Work-Horse" Omega-3 Fatty-Acids.
- Unfortunately, even under ideal conditions the conversion
is less than 5 or 10%...not to mention a half dozen other things that Vegetarians,
in particular, do that will stop the Essential-Fatty-Acid conversion dead
in its tracks... like eating lots of Sugar, Margarine & Soy. Not good.
- BAD #3 -- If the Omega-6 LA did NOT gobble up all the
D6D enzyme, then the Omega-3 would be able to "cascade" on down
the Pathway & use the next Desaturase Enzyme in line, the D5D, to do
a "good thing" and finish the job of converting ALA to the other
powerful Omega-3, EPA, which then activates the "Anti-Inflammatory",
- ...BUT, and this is key, if there is too much Omega-6
(like Grapeseed Oil), there won't be any ALA cascading down the Omega-3
pathway, so all that D5D enzyme will be forced to -"Go Over to the
DARK Side"- (the Omega-6 side) & do a "bad thing", which
is convert DiHomo-GLA to the "Inflammation-causing" Series-2
Prostaglandin... INSTEAD of letting it convert to the "good guy",
the "Anti-Inflammatory", Series-1 Prostaglandin.
- If this all sounds like Greek to you... please go my
paper "Fat Facts" to read a more complete and easier to understand
explanation. This includes a Picture diagram of both Cascading Prostaglandin
pathways and the foods, etc. that effect each of the many steps along the
way... like why the pregnant Mia Farrow was eating Raw Liver in the movie
"Rosemary's Baby"...it's Prostaglandins, Folks. http://www.alienview.net/xzfat.html
- Also if you would like to read more about Bad Fats from
my buddy "The Leaf Lady" then go to http://www.leaflady.org/fatfacts.htm
... she's only been a holistic practitioner for 50 years.
- 1/2 Truth # 3.. "GSO is high in *Essential* (MUST
HAVE) POLY-unsaturated Omega-6 Oil at 70%... where Olive Oil is 76%, NON-Essential
MONO-unsaturated Omega-9, so grapeseed oil has to be MUCH better because
it is essential & olive oil is NOT essential."
- OK, I've already told you the answer to this silly yet
"nearly truthful" statement. Yeah, the Omega-6 is "Essential"
but, like I said above, we already, normally, get way too much Simple Omega-6
anyway! So? That high 70% LA... is a bad thing, see - not a good thing!
- Also, the 76% Omega-9 in Olive Oil, being NON-Essential
is in fact a very good thing because it will have No effect on the Omega-6
to Omega-3 EFA Ratio... not to mention, AGAIN, that Omega-9 is stable (resists
rancidity) where Omega-6 is UNSTABLE and potentially toxic.
- It should be clear that expensive Unrefined Grapeseed
Oil should not be heated because its "Poly-ness" causes it to
oxidize rapidly. On the other hand it should not be used cold, either,
because its high Omega-6 (70%) throws your Omega-6 to Omega-3 EFA Ratio
completely out of whack...where Omega-9, Olive oil does NONE of these harmful
- So NO Poly Food Oils like Soy, Corn, Peanut, Cottonseed,
Grapeseed, Sunflower, Safflower & yes, even Canola.
- Fats to cook with :
- 1). Olive Oil - Stable Mono oil (at 76% Mono) that resists
oxidation fairly well as temp goes up. Moderate SmPt in the low 300's.
Does not require refrigeration... but light & air cause slow oxidation
- fruity, exotic, other-worldly taste.
- 2). Macadamia Nut Oil - Stable Mono oil (at 80% Mono)
with the highest SmPt of any UNrefined Mono Oil at close to 400. Does
not require refrigeration...but light & air cause slow oxidation -
bland, neutral taste & expensive.
- 3). Coconut Oil (Unrefined, Hexane-Free, Extra-Virgin)
- Very, very stable, magical SatFat called MCT's that has a moderate SmPt
in the mid 300's but because it is born in the heat of the tropics it has
POWERFUL heat-resistant Anti-oxidants protecting it from oxidation &
NO delicate double-bonds to be effected as the temp heads up toward that
- It does not require refrigeration & oh yeah, it is
so stable & protects itself so well, that it will stay good at room
temp for up to 5 freaking years.
- Consuming Ccnut Oil anti-oxidants protects your body,
and the other more delicate Fatty-Acids you consume, in the same way it
protects itself. This is just one of the many reasons Ccnut Oil is in
EVERY Baby formula! Additionally, those same MCT's are also very high
in breast-milk! Don't believe the evil, mendacious, contrived lies that
doctors & dieticians tell about Coconut Oil.
- Reader, every time you hear a dietician say that Coconut
Oil is heart unhealthy because it is 90% Solid Saturated Fat... you know
they are: either black-hearted evil liars or they are as dumb as a bag
of broken mousetraps.
- Sincerely, to maintain such rarified ignorance they must
every morning attach their horse-blinders to the sides of their head firmly
so they can not see anything on the periphery - but only see what's put
right in front of their ignorant little noses... ok, circuit-breakers are
- I hope that wasn't too harsh... No, wait. I don't care
that it was harsh! Actually, if you want to know the truth... if I didn't
respect PG rated concerns it would be a lot harsher! Anyway, I digress.
- 4). Ghee (clarified-butter) - This is the "REAL
DEAL" for hi-heat cooking with its extraordinarily high SmPt at close
to 500 degrees. This is because with Clarifed-Butter the water & proteins
- Ghee will not break down or oxidize as the temp goes
up because it is a very stable SatFat with NO delicate double-bonds to
be destroyed and so go rancid and toxic. Additionally, the arcane short-chained
Fatty-Acids in Ghee have extreme anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory healing
characteristics! It will raise HDL & Lower LDL cholesterol, so it is
GREAT for your Heart.
- If you keep Ghee in an air tight container at room temp
it can last for YEARS without oxidizing. And please don't mention to
"dieticians" that what is essentially real "Butter"
(but clarified) is good for yourheart, brain, joints, eyes & it lowers
cholesterol... ...because if you do tell them - it might make their pointy
little heads implode. A billion Ayurvedic Indians are likely on to something,
- Vegetable Ghee (2 types) :
- (1). Pure Palm Oil Ghee is OK...not as good as real Butter
Ghee but pretty good, none the less, as long as you don't see the word
"Interesterified" (inter-ester-ified) or Vegetable Oil anywhere
in the ingredients section or on the label.
- (2). pHVO (partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil) [Toxic
Alert!] Ghee... a TransFat ABOMINATION just like Margarine! Those who
sully the sacred word "Ghee" by sticking it on something akin
to deadly "Flavored Crisco" should be summarily sterilized to
keep them from urinating in the shallow end of the "Gene-Pool."
I mean it reader! Such evilness should be penalized. Such intention
should be prosecuted!
- "Gee wiz Al, what about other "Specialty"
Mono cooking oils I see, like Walnut, Hazelnut & Almond with very high
SmPt's in the 400's or... Avocado Oil with a SmPt over 500?"
- Don't be fooled... these are Refined oils that should
be avoided unless you find them in their Unrefined form...but guess what?
- Then their SmPts will be about 100 degrees lower than
the refined form! For example, Walnut Oil drops from 400 (refined) to
320 (unrefined)... Sesame seed oil drops from 450 to 350..etc, etc.
- Also avoid the Oil that I have actually seen idiots get
"misty-eyed" over! These are mouth-breathers who love Canola
Oil because they believe it to be a Mono Unsat Oil ...just like Olive Oil...
NO! NO! No, it is NOT! "Canola" is a partial Mono Oil at
a low 54% Mono which leaves plenty of room for about 30 to 35% Poly...
which does all the BAD things Poly Oils do. Canola is crap!
- C'mon, get yourself some Ghee, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil,
Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil & real Butter and you have your Fat &
Oil requirements covered... you don't need hazardous Grapeseed Oil or any
of the other dangerous Poly-Food Oils.
- ...And please don't do like brain-dead dieticians do
all the time!
- These try to meld toxic Poly FOOD Oils with non-toxic
Poly MEDICINAL Oils like Black Currant, Borage, Hemp, Flaxseed, Fish &
Krill, like they were the same thing. Poly Medicinal Oils are processed
with expensive refrigeration! Lumping them in with rancid Poly Food Oils
is just stupid... they are an entity all their own.
- Of course, that is just one of numerous misdirection's
(lies) that dieticians tell concerning Fats & Oils. Read my paper
- http://www.alienview.net/zfat.html where I list their
8 most egregious lies & half-truths.
- Folks - the legitimate science and method exists for
the individual to address real world concerns regarding the quality of
their own lives! It's not a secret and the goals are certainly worth the
effort! I am living breathing proof of this myself, reader, having cured
an "Incurable" disease, Crohn's! All I am saying is you can
be "living breathing" proof, too.
- Alan Graham - firstname.lastname@example.org
- That's enough. Well be.