- "Dead babies can take care of themselves. Dead babies
can't take things off the shelves." -- Alice Cooper, "Dead Babies"
- For two weeks now I have been spending a lot of time
watching dead babies on television.
- Dead children, too. And dead women. And dead old men.
And dead young men.
- And bleeding, maimed, mutilated, screaming people of
all ages and both sexes.
- Disfigured women lying in pools of blood. Children with
part of their faces missing. Crowds of horrified people gathered around,
trying to help.
- Naturally this has made me angry, and sad. Sometimes
I have to turn off the television to pray and meditate to regain my emotional
- Horrific as the images have been, none of them really
got to me until this morning, when I turned on the TV and saw a very cute,
very dead girl-baby lying arms akimbo on the street like a discarded doll,
a puddle of blood at her feet about the size of a manhole cover. Her too-perfect
features were frozen in what could have been bliss, or terror. I finally
broke down and cried. Big shuddering sobs.
- You're not allowed to see what I've been watching. The
zionist-controlled U.S. corporate media won't let you. Lucky you.
- I've been following the carnage in Gaza on Al-Alam, the
Iranian Arabic-language satellite channel. (Yes, I speak Arabic; I used
to teach it at the University of Wisconsin before I was blacklisted for
telling the truth about 9/11.)
- What's going on in Gaza now -- what's been going on in
Palestine for 60 years -- is genocide. European settlers there have been
using mass murder to ethnic-cleanse the indigenous population. Genocide.
End of story.
- Yes, I know about that bullshit you've been reading in
the Zionist-controlled corporate and "alternative" media. The
genocide perpetrators are supposedly "defending themselves."
Yeah, right. Just like the Nazis had to defend themselves against the Warsaw
- What's going on is a war of extermination against the
Palestinian population. The Palestinians, who do not wish to be exterminated,
are fighting back with every weapon at their disposal. Like rocks. And
bottle-rockets. Not much to throw against the latest U.S. taxpayer-supplied
Zionist tanks and bombers and helicopter gunships and white phosphorus.
- But sometimes courage and morality can triumph over sheer
military power. As of this writing, after years of starving the Gazans
with a genocidal blockade, followed by two weeks of murderous bombing,
the Zionist cowards are still unable to enter Gaza on the ground. They've
tried several times, and every time, Hamas fighters have sent them scurrying
back to the safety. To put it bluntly, David is kicking Goliath's ass.
Just like in Lebanon.
- So the Zionists, too cowardly to actually fight, content
themselves with raining bombs down on the heads of women and children and
old folks. So those of us with access to uncensored media get to see lots
of dead babies.
- Don't tell me "oh, they didn't really want to kill
all those babies, that was just collateral damage." It isn't polite
to say this, because for centuries adherents of the Jewish religion have
been slandered as baby killers, but the truth of the matter is, THE ZIONISTS
INTENTIONALLY SLAUGHTER PALESTINIAN CHILDREN AS A MATTER OF OFFICIAL POLICY.
- Don't believe me? Chris Hedges, one of our nation's most
respected journalists, wrote in Harper's magazine (October 2001) that he
had been in several war zones, but he had never seen soldiers luring children
within range of their guns, then gut-shooting them for sport, until he
saw Israeli soldiers doing it in the Occupied Territories. Unfortunately
what Hedges witnessed was not anomalous, but part of a larger Israeli policy
of targeting children. An article in the British Medical Journal (10/16/04)
concluded: "Two thirds of the 621 children (two thirds under 15 years)
killed at checkpoints, in the street, on the way to school, in their homes,
died from small arms fire, directed in over half of cases to the head,
neck and chest-the sniper's wound. Clearly, soldiers are routinely authorised
to shoot to kill children in situations of minimal or no threat."
- Why are the taxpayers of the United States of America
handing the Zionist cowards billions of dollars worth of weapons for killing
children? Why is the U.S. taxpayer paying for the Palestinian genocide?
- Israel is not even a U.S. ally! According to former C.I.A.
official Ray McGovern, the U.S. has asked Israel to sign a formal treaty
of alliance, but Israel refuses, because it would have to define its borders.
Since it is conducting an ever-expanding genocide, in order to steal more
and more land, Israel does not want to say where its borders are. So it
refuses to be a U.S. ally.
- According to reliable estimates, our non-ally Israel
has cost the American people more than a trillion dollars, including more
than $100 billion in direct aid. And that's not even counting the war in
Iraq, which is a disguised war for Israel. Throw in Iraq, and the Zionists
have stolen maybe five trillion dollars from our economy.
- What do we get in return? The undying hatred of most
of the world's population, including virtually everybody in virtually every
country that supplies our oil. Murderous false-flag attacks, from the Lavon
Affair to the U.S.S. Liberty massacre to 9/11. A corporate media whose
lies about Palestine expand and expand until pretty soon they're lying
about everything, all the time, 24/7.
- And yet U.S. leaders are almost unanimous in cheering
for the Zionist genocide. Why?
- To hell with political correctness. I'll give you the
straight answer -- the answer that I've heard from virtually every intellectual
I've spoken to during my years living outside the USA in places like France,
Morocco, and Central America, where free speech still exists: "Because
Zionist Jews, and to a lesser extent their Zionist Christian accomplices,
control the U.S. media, the Anglo-American financial sector, and almost
all American politicians."
- The American dream is dead. The United States of America,
like Palestine, is now Israeli-occupied territory. As James Petras told
me on my radio show, the U.S.A. needs a national liberation movement to
free itself from its Zionist occupiers.
- When the chickens come home to roost, and the U.S. economy
and the empire it pays for finally crashes for good -- bled dry by its
Zionist-instigated, Zionist-controlled war on Islam -- maybe that national
liberation movement will finally arise.
- But I'm not sticking around to find out. I've had enough
of living under Israeli occupation. I will be leaving the former United
States of America in the near future, and as long as it remains occupied
by the Zionist child-killers, I won't be coming back.
- Posted by Kevin Barrett