- "there is an abundance of oil reserves both on the
strip and offshore" http://blogs.state.gov/index.php/entries/q_israeli_palestinian_peace/
- "The Palestinians are, in aggregate, energy
rich. For the past six years, the Palestinian Authority has been sitting
on a major gas field that contains at least 1.4 trillion cubic feet
(Tcf) of gas."
- "Palestine was rewarded with an oil reserve 22 miles
off of the coast of the Gaza Strip. The entire country was excited
by this natural mineral that would hopefully provide them with the economic
freedom and financial stability they desired. Unfortunately, the financial
success did not come directly on the heels of their discovery"
- To find the real reasons behind conflicts and wars in
this world, you need to follow some or all of four things: Money, blood,
power or natural resources (usually oil or natural gas but it can be cobalt
like in the Congo).
- Oil is behind the conflicts in Darfur, Somalia and other
- The war in Afghanistan was never about finding bin Laden.
It was about uniting Afghanistan into a single government so a pipeline
could be constructed to bring a million barrels a day from areas north
of Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Russia to markets
- We need to stop listening to what the "official"
media tells us when it comes to conflicts and wars because the official
media is corporate and government owned and/or controlled by government.
Less than one percent of the "news" in the world today is reported
and what is reported is usually heavily edited and slanted for propaganda
- Governments don't want the world to know that huge genocides
are going on just because of oil, gas or other natural resources. The
world might get angry as a body and might organize to reject the genocides.
Big Oil and Energy doesn't want that to happen because it will interfere
with their profits.
- Historically, it has been "efficient" for Big
Energy's short-term profit line to steal resources or get them "lower
than wholesale" than to pay the owners decently for them. This is
how they've always done business (force by boot and gun).
- The World has been watching Israel's genocide of the
Palestinians for a long time but incredibly, the media never mentions the
Palestinians' natural resources or the fact that Israel has thwarted Palestine's
efforts to develop them.
- The Palestinians are usually portrayed on television
as victims of impossible, cyclical poverty. Ironic the Palestinians wouldn't
have to live in poverty if Israel would let them develop their natural
- But developing Palestine's energy resources wouldn't
be in Israel's self-interest. The oil and gas revenues would empower the
Palestinians. They wouldn't have to starve to death or struggle in poverty.
Empowered Palestinians would be able to invest in infrastructure of their
legal government, Hamas.
- Israel wants the Palestinians crushed and disappeared
so Israel can expand its territories for its citizens, have better access
to the sea for its navy and serve as watchdog for US and Israeli hegemony.
- Israel wants the Palestinians' oil and gas for its own
because Israel needs it for its country's needs. Middle eastern countries
are loathe to sell their supplies to Israel. The rulers and people of
area countries know that Israel has been slaughtering their Muslim kin
for over six decades and it is against their morals to help Israel with
energy supplies, especially fuel for Israeli tanks, airplanes and military
- To thwart Palestine from developing its energy supplies,
Israel keeps the region in turmoil plus in 2005, "Israel delivered
a major blow to the Palestinians' fledgling oil industry by choosing to
import natural gas from Egypt. By doing this, Israel completely bypassed
its neighbor in favor of making a political statement. The Israeli government
feared that any money given to Palestine would be later used to fund acts
of terrorism against
- Finding information about Palestine's oil and gas resources
is difficult. Even wikipedia doesn't mention it nor do most encyclopedias
and other academic resources.
- The major corporate media has completely ignored and/or
has remained blissfully ignorant about Palestinian oil and gas because
it goes against the script of how powerful hidden western corporate and
government interests want to portray Palestine.
- Western media, Israel and the US would rather have the
world see Palestinians groveling in extreme poverty and/or portrayed as
"terrorists" who want to kill everyone.
- Palestinians, empowered from oil and gas revenues, could
live decently. Shed of their impoverished image, the world would see them
as the Bright, Shining Human Beings they are. But Bright, Shining Human
Beings are harder to disappear than those depicted by governments and the
media as untermenschen (nazi German term for "inferior people").
- If you want to know more about this important subject,
the best places to look are oil and energy websites and publications.
- Palestinian oil and gas is no secret in the energy field.
It's just a secret to everyone else.