- Once again, we find ourselves reading horrifying headlines
regarding the unrest in the Middle East. In one long chain of tragedies
and civilian bloodshed, residential neighborhoods have been transformed
into war zones, the daily lives of civilians distorted by ever-present
shadows of terror and fright.
- Our readers have long been familiar with the Torah position;
let us re-announce it boldly and clearly:
- The Zionist ideology is antithetical to the Torah. Zionism
was deviously designed to replace the Torah and its holy, God-given commandments
with nationalistic, power-driven ideals that are devoid of holiness, godliness,
- God-fearing Jews believe that the ultimate Redemption
of the Jewish Nation will come about only through the Hands of God, and
that at the time of the Redemption, peace will reign in the entire world.
Any other type of forced redemption is but a sinful transgression, condemned
by God and His Holy Torah.
- What more proof does one need than the fact that for
centuries, Jews have lived peacefully in Arabic countries, enjoying the
respect and friendship of their neighbors? The tragedy of Zionism changed
all of that. The painful truth is that in the eyes of the Zionist government,
Jews are merely the cannon-fodder needed for the State of Israel to achieve
- Obviously, the State of Israel has absolutely no connection
with either Jews or Judaism. Furthermore, Torah-true Jews did not participate
in the founding of the State, and for decades, we have announced our disapproval
and disassociation from the State of Israel at every opportunity.
- "The following explanation clarifies this issue
beautifully: Would the Jews be held responsible in a conflict between North
Korea and South Korea? Obviously not! In the same way, Jews should not
be held responsible for the Zionists conflicts with their neighbors. The
State of Israel has as much to do with Jews and Judaism as does New Zealand
or Zimbabwe," said Rabbi Hersh Lowenthal.
- May it be clear to every nation, to every person in the
entire world: JEWS ARE NOT ZIONISTS!
- The Zionists are neither our representatives nor our
spokesmen. They have absolutely no right to speak in the name of world
Jewry. It is a terrible mistake to confuse Jews with Zionism, or to blame
Jews for Zionist actions. We truly wish to live in peace with every nation
in the world. We pray for our Jewish brethren as well as for the non-Jews
in the Middle East, that they may be saved from danger and peril.
- And most of all, we await that great day when G-d's glory
will be revealed in the entire world, and there will be peace for all of