- Not only that, but they are also arming Saudi Arabia
- "The US Congress has approved a 170 million dollar
increase in security assistance to Israel as part of its new 10-year, 30
billion dollar defense aid commitment to the Jewish state.
- The money for Israel was part of a larger supplemental
spending bill that included 162 billion dollars for the wars in Iraq and
Afghanistan. The legislation gained final approval in a 92-6 Senate vote
- America's pro-Israel lobby, the American Israel Public
Affairs Committee, welcomed the congressional action, saying it would increase
US aid to Israel to 2.55 billion dollars in fiscal year 2009, up from 2.38
billion dollars this year.
- "The US commitment to maintaining Israel's qualitative
military edge is the cornerstone of American policy in the region,"
AIPAC said in a statement Friday.
- The aid includes a 20 billion dollar weapons package
for Saudi Arabia, a 13 billion dollar package for Egypt, and reportedly
arms deals worth at least 20 billion dollars for other Gulf states.
- The military aid to Israel reflected an increase in value
of more than 25 percent, Israel Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has said, describing
the package as a considerable improvement and very important element for