- I have been inundated with inquiries and encouragement
to participate in an event being called the 'Ron Paul Freedom March.'
- Regular readers of my columns know I am a committed supporter
to Congressman Paul's run for the White House. However, this is one event
I cannot support for the following reasons.
- First, let me give you a little history so you can understand
why I believe that while this is a feel good exercise, I don't believe
it's a good use of human and financial resources.
- In 1991, I " woke up" and began my journey
of research and activism. In 1993, after nine months of picketing the
Federal Reserve in Denver and collecting signatures from around the country,
my Project '93 marched on Washington, DC. Back then the Park Police were
still using grids and estimated our crowd at 4,400. We delivered 1,763,000
signed petitions to abolish the Federal Reserve and the IRS. Speeches
were made. During the rally, we collected another 23,000 signatures for
the petition. It was a beautiful day in Washington and every one felt
good at the end of the day.
- Despite massive efforts, there was NO media. They were
following Hillary around the capitol as she was pitching her unconstitutional
national health care scheme.
- The Clerk of the House wanted to turn my truck load of
boxes with those one million seven hundred sixty three thousand petitions
over to the Park Police to count and shred. I said in a pig's ear. A
handful of my volunteers broke them down and delivered batches to every
congressional and senate office. When it was over and done, Congress went
about their business of spending us into bankruptcy while the Clinton's
continued their agenda. Nothing changed.
- Over the years there have been many efforts for marches
by patriots. They all fizzle with a couple hundred people. Perhaps it
will be different for this effort, but it costs a fortune to go to DC;
hotels within 20 miles (except for flea bag transients) cost big bux.
One lady named Diane (forget, but was in the mid-'90s) spent a fortune
on her march. Did every patriot radio show, sent out flyers for months.
In the end, about 150 people showed up. Was anything accomplished by Diane
and so many other groups and their 150 or 200 angry fellow Americans standing
in front of the capitol? Sadly, no. The exception to these events are
the Rolling Thunder vets.
- Another thing is the climate in DC. After 911, access
to the people's house is now virtually impossible. DC is like a police
compound. I know, I've been there several times and I resent being treated
like a criminal. Any rally is going to be pushed to their boundaries far
away from the capitol while the criminals inside go about their business.
- I ask in earnest, what do supporters of this event hope
- 1. Bush/Cheney do not care if a million people show up,
just like the pro-life marches which draw a half million or more each
year. Besides, neither will be in town on any date selected, you can be
sure of that.
- 2. The powerful unseen hand that owns Washington, DC,
laughs at what they consider puny efforts by 'patriots.' Rockefeller and
the rest of the money lenders don't care about this event because they
own Congress and the White House. It's just business as usual for them.
It won't change until the personnel inside the capitol and the White House
- 3. The dominant media will ignore this event. It might
make the local news out of MD and No. Virginia, but that'll be about it.
- 4. I timed my event for September 29th because I knew
Congress would be in full session. The budget has to be done by midnight,
30 Sept, so DC is at maximum activity during that week. Everyone was
- 5. As Ron Paul is vilified by his own party, those members
of Congress who might happen to be in DC that day won't care about this
event because they still control the legislative process and right along
with the Democrats, do not want a limited form of republican government.
- 6. I have read two dates for this event: July 4th and
June 21st. First of all, no one is in Washington, DC on the Fourth of
July except tourists. I know, because I've been there on 4 July and seen
a half million people converge on the Washington Memorial. I could hardly
wait to get to the airport, the congestion was so bad. Everyone is there
for fireworks, corn dogs and beer. Demonstrations in DC are as common
as birds singing in the trees. They go on every day from every group you
can imagine. "Free Tibet" people sit in front of the barrier
lines at the White House. "Let's Dance Naked" folks have their
25 person demonstration and on and on and on. That's Washington, DC. Ho,
- Congress is gone, out of town for July 4th. So are the
major media because there's nothing to cover for their agenda. As for
June 21st, this is the beginning of summer. Families plan for their vacations
during June. Yes, they are freedom fighters, but let me give you one example.
A friend in Sacramento wanted to go to some patriot event in DC many years
ago. It was in June and his wife said, no way. We are taking the kids
to Disneyland and that's that. The mouse won out.
- Why have a freedom march in a location where the only
people there are tourists? The king pins and law breakers (Congress) won't
be around and neither will the media.
- But, the GOP convention is a whole different situation.
- The world media WILL be there.
- All the delegates WILL be there.
- If vote fraud affected the outcome of the primaries,
which I believe is the case, then those delegates cannot be committed
- I believe we can bring McCain down. All of us should
be working to expose this corrupt, evil man and drive him out of the race.
- Swift Boating of McCain Long Over Due
- Moral Obligations to Stop McCain
- If we are successful, and I believe we can be, then that
puts the GOP power brokers in a tough spot. They will have to draft another
neo-con, i.e., Newt, and see if they can sell that stink. It will put
their plans in chaos with little time to recover.
- You should find out who the GOP delegates are from your
state. For California see link below. Call your Secretary of State's office
and get their names or go on-line.
- This is a fluid situation and, as I said, we should work
to get a few hundred thousand Ron Paul supporters to that convention.
Can you imagine a quarter million Ron Paul supporters surrounding the
EXCEL center with 100' long banners: Ron Paul or good-bye GOP! I guarantee
you that would be a huge message to the party and more importantly those
- THAT would shake things up and show the power brokers
who run that convention that we're not going to take one of their globalists
as the nominee. The EXCEL Center sits down town. St. Paul-Minneapolis
in September is beautiful AND it's far less expensive than DC. That convention
IS the heart beat of the whole race for the White House.
- Instead of broke Americans trying to scrape together
some money to ride a bus or whatever to go stand in DC to a non audience,
why not organize to make the biggest demonstration in the history of this
country at that GOP convention? Where the world's media and those delegates
will be - who will hear and see you.
- This is just my personal opinion. I have budgeted my
limited funds for the convention. I will be there because that's where
everything will be decided regarding the GOP nomination. It's the big
kahuna. As for the position of the City of St. Paul, precedent has already
been set; a good legal team needs to be in place when application is
made for permits:
- City relents, will allow protests during DNC
- With all due respect, I sincerely hope Congressman Ron
Paul changes his mind and decides it would be a far, far better use of
human and financial resources to target the convention and not go through
with an event in DC this summer. As he has only taken the steps for an
'exploratory committee,' not a lot will be lost. I hope to see you at
- Devvy Kidd